LongRun

xRapid not aimed at banks according to David Schwartz

Just now, John_Buh said:

I was/am thinking in terms of bank-level liquidity.

Again, that is not going to happen overnight. This is precisely what I explained in the previous post.

Ripple's ideal scenario is for the liquidity to gradually increase through a combination of more exchange listings and Fiat pairings, gradual rise in volume and price due to money transfer and other usage and eventual FOMO.

They most definitely have a number in mind at which point the liquidity is good enough for banks to use. At that point, sh!tcoin dependency will be a thing of the past.

1 minute ago, HodlOnASec said:

Again, that is not going to happen overnight. This is precisely what I explained in the previous post.

Ripple's ideal scenario is for the liquidity to gradually increase through a combination of more exchange listings and Fiat pairings, gradual rise in volume and price due to money transfer and other usage and eventual FOMO.

They most definitely have a number in mind at which point the liquidity is good enough for banks to use. At that point, sh!tcoin dependency will be a thing of the past.

Well, I must pay more attention then, you being a last word, I know it all type.  Forgive me.

Just now, John_Buh said:

Well, I must pay more attention then, you being a last word, I know it all type.  Forgive me.

It helps to read before asking. 

You are forgiven.

Personally, I thought that David's tweet was quite clever insofar that it sews uncertainty into existing batch of "banks will never use XRP" FUD.  He basically acknowledges the circumstances, but then redirects by stating that it is payment providers and not banks that are xRapid's primary intended audience, and then follows up by indicating there is a larger plan at play within which xRapid is merely a low-hanging fruit. 

I love it -  it's a marathon *and* a chess game!

:popcorn1:

The content of the tweets is irrelevant but it has to stop. I've read 4 of you on this thread alone who succinctly addressed the question in a way that avoided confusion. The reaction on this thread and the spin being attempted on twitter, here and elsewhere to "explain" what David "actually said" or, even better, "really meant" is enough to reach some obvious conclusions about what needs to happen next.

To put this in context, the twitter thread started with a question about selfies (huh?) until some Aussie crypto wannabe living in my old stomping ground threadjacked the tweets and David took it and went on a frolic. I hope the threadjacker who created this chit-storm chokes on one of those disgusting kebabs on Burwood Rd.

Anyway, that's not how comms are done. It's not smart and it's not professional.

David should really stop discussing work matters in public that aren't vetted - no other serious IT organisation would allow it. It hasn't been mentioned much in this thread but the banks, the FIs, their CIOs and CEOs will read this very differently to the rest of us, and their vote is the only one that counts.

2 minutes ago, Pablo said:

The content of the tweets is irrelevant but it has to stop. I've read 4 of you on this thread alone who succinctly addressed the question in a way that avoided confusion. The reaction on this thread and the spin being attempted on twitter, here and elsewhere to "explain" what David "actually said" or, even better, "really meant" is enough to reach some obvious conclusions about what needs to happen next.

To put this in context, the twitter thread started with a question about selfies (huh?) until some Aussie crypto wannabe living in my old stomping ground threadjacked the tweets and David took it and went on a frolic. I hope the threadjacker who created this chit-storm chokes on one of those disgusting kebabs on Burwood Rd.

Anyway, that's not how comms are done. It's not smart and it's not professional.

David should really stop discussing work matters in public that aren't vetted - no other serious IT organisation would allow it. It hasn't been mentioned much in this thread but the banks, the FIs, their CIOs and CEOs will read this very differently to the rest of us, and their vote is the only one that counts.

Agreed.  He should not be making such comments on Twitter, of all places.  Let’s hope their new PR guy can rein in this sort of thing.

54 minutes ago, Pablo said:

His quips are valuable. Better believe it, having all communications vetted by some PR dept is a terrible thing for those of us trying to figure out exactly what's going on in this space and to cut through all the BS.

The open communications from devs / technical leads is one of very few things where the "crypto sector" behaves itself better than traditional industry. Be careful what you wish for.

On 3/25/2018 at 7:31 AM, Vvittin said:

In dental school the profs always had a saying....how do you eat a cow?.....” one bite at a time”.....it’s a long road...grab a beer.

Edited by PJ2DMD
Deleted