xrpmommy

Is Arthur Britto starting a new crypto exchange?? Polysign

Posted (edited)

It's not a crypto exchange to my knowledge, something different.

"A new account mechanism that should allow the XRP ledger to efficiently service humanity scale usage is in development. This would allow everyone to have an account on the XRP ledger for low cost while providing the necessary performance for humanity level service."

https://forum.ripple.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2108&start=20

Edited by mars75

Posted (edited)

for context:

https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/6338-a-britto-answer-to-lowering-account-reserve/

this might not have anything at all to do with polysign, however, in the name of baseless speculation...

this is supposedly the "year of decentralization" for xrpl

could accounts be handled with sub-accounts using trust lines?

Edited by zerpdigger

Posted (edited)

This is super interesting. Especially in relation to this paragraph in the Q4 2018 markets report:

In Q1, we’ll begin work towards the launch of institutional hedging instruments and custody solutions. Both of these market components are important to institutional adoption and thus are important components of our 2018 roadmap.

Edited by lucky

Looking into it again, it seems there's more information released from when I first searched.

ABOUT US

PolySign Inc. is a well funded stealth mode startup in the San Francisco Bay Area working in the area of institutional custody for cryptocurrencies. Our solution will be a key component to the mainstream adoption of cryptocurrencies. Cryptocurrencies are an exciting emerging market with considerable opportunities for success. As member of a small, world class technical team, you can can have a huge impact on our solution and the success of cryptocurrencies.

https://www.linkedin.com/company/polysign

And it looks like they have something on GitHub,

It's a 'social blogging' web application similar to Twitter. Users can create accounts, make posts, follow users and comment on posts. You can circualate your thoughts and ideas :-)

https://github.com/PolySignInc/ci_eval

So no, it's not an exchange. I'm sure Britto is fine enough being already involved with Bitstamp. It looks like one of those projects Ripple might invest in to include XRP utilization.

1 hour ago, mars75 said:

So no, it's not an exchange.

I don't think it has anything to do with that Circulate app. The project is in stealth mode, so don't expect a public github repo.

Maybe it's a multisig multi-asset wallet. PolySign sounds like a good name for such thing.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mars75 said:

It's not a crypto exchange to my knowledge, something different.

"A new account mechanism that should allow the XRP ledger to efficiently service humanity scale usage is in development. This would allow everyone to have an account on the XRP ledger for low cost while providing the necessary performance for humanity level service."

Isnt that whats called WorldDB? 

worldDB.PNG

Edited by Gepster

1 hour ago, zerpdigger said:

for context:

https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/6338-a-britto-answer-to-lowering-account-reserve/

this might not have anything at all to do with polysign, however, in the name of baseless speculation...

this is supposedly the "year of decentralization" for xrpl

could accounts be handled with sub-accounts using trust lines?

Not sure, but my guess is that it has everything to do with it. At first I thought the new accounting mechanisme was to be developed within the XRP Ledger, but now it seems to me the AB had an idea for (decentralised?) accounting where you can manage your accounts and holdings off the ledger(s) (or ledger agnostic), but still holding the assets native on the ledger(s).  

Posted (edited)

random thought, and maybe this isnt the thread for it but... could trustlines be used to extend "conditional" credit to only cover the base reserve, owner reserve, tx fees, etc?

what i mean is... in a way in which it cannot be spent by the receiver, because it's still in base reserve, or taps the base reserve of the crediting account, perhaps via a special kind of trustline, or escrow/borrow extension ; idea being you could open accounts for free given someone vouched for you, a friend, or a gateway, and they had enough to cover your reserve or orders etc, but that at any time they could rescind/retract it and "freeze" your account (not really a freeze, but you'd hopefully have got your own XRP by then -- maybe that even auto-triggers the credit-line retraction)

????

just thinking aloud!

Edited by zerpdigger