Sign in to follow this  
Zockempire

Yannis Varoufakis on Bitcoin and blockchain

In this article former greek finance minister, professor and Steam employee (Gametheory/economist-in-residence at Valve Corporation) Yannis Varoufakis, who was put out of the ministry by the EU-Elites as he opposed the strict austerity, gives an opinion about Cryptocurrency.  He wanted to introduce a blockchain based currency in greece by the way.

You will probably notice, that his analysis is very well compatible with the vision of Ripple XRP as a digital asset to facilate payments, but not compatible with the view of the Bitcoin maximalists because of the lack of democratic participation in the Bitcoin monetary system.

Here the link to the interview: http://www.wired.co.uk/article/yanis-varoufakis-bitcoin-bubble-interview

About Yannis Varoufakis generally: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yanis_Varoufakis#Early_life_and_education

Always a pleasure to read anything by Varoufakis and doubly refreshing to hear an adult voice.  Seems like almost everything about crypto/blockchain now is written by a semi-literate 15-year old.  Thanks for the link and heads up!

Edited by John_Buh

6 minutes ago, XRPHdlr said:

This dude was a politician a couple of years back..he's a total looser..

He's a "looser" because he was a politician (finance minister) or because you don't agree with his views?

47 minutes ago, XRPHdlr said:

I'd rather not go into it...sorry. Let's just say  I don't think he's an honest politician and leave it at that.

64 years old and never ever ever known an Honest Politician all of them a Hodlers for their own Pockets

54 minutes ago, XRPHdlr said:

I'm new to politics...I'll partially agree with you.

I don't want to give wrong advice, do your own research and invest only what you wish them too take from you lol

4 hours ago, XRPHdlr said:

This dude was a politician a couple of years back..he's a total looser..

The man was put in an impossible position. While he wasn't involved in the politics that had brought Greece to the point of being virtually bankrupt and the country could only survive with substantial loans from the EU, he had to stand up for the interests of his country and his people while the EU were pulling the strings. He wasn't afraid to go against the EU and to my eyes he's rather a small hero.

By the way: the interview is from December 2017...

Edited by DucPeter

8 minutes ago, DucPeter said:

The man was put in an impossible position. While he wasn't involved in the politics that had brought Greece to the point of being virtually bankrupt and the country could only survive with substantial loans from the EU, he had to stand up for the interests of his country and his people while the EU were pulling the strings. He wasn't afraid to go against the EU and to my eyes he's rather a small hero.

By the way: the interview is from December 2017...

Exactly - the EU was ready to sell Greece for parts. He said : "Give me the ball" - a hero indeed.

1 hour ago, Zockempire said:

Some guys are really quick to judge people without knowing them personally, which really speaks for maturity...

Hey..be nice. Can't I have an opinion? I was paying this dudes salary..I think I'm entitled to an opinion. I have my reasons for not liking him but this isn't the place.

1 minute ago, XRPHdlr said:

Hey..be nice. Can't I have an opinion? I was paying this dudes salary..I think I'm entitled to an opinion. I have my reasons for not liking him but this isn't the place.

It looks pretty bad when your opinion seems to be based on nothing.

17 minutes ago, John_Buh said:

Exactly - the EU was ready to sell Greece for parts. He said : "Give me the ball" - a hero indeed.

You guys can think what you want of him. No problem. If you ask any politically conscious Greek they will definitely have something bad to say about him.