A chart of aggregate XRP holdings by the BearWhale

18 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

which wallet address is that?

The sum of all tracked addresses, of which there are about 30.

Here's the last 4 addresses with a significant balance that remain:

rLqQA5B4UTxCkjjLYDMSJprycuWh6iyqPr - 100M
rshPuu6VZo3DnAaEY5fBe3nA4CB5MKBYcp - 50M
rLTsSbzhrr1MAXSWpzFBtS2bi4dFb6bpWL - 50M
r3BJrkuAGQMdaoSw4TMizeSYZoLM5kvEGj - 33M

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just cause I'm bored and I already had almost all the code I needed to generate it, here's a chart of the XRP held by the collection of accounts known as the BearWhale, originating at address raZt9CZH

Actually my thoughts exactly! Chris Larsen supposedly donated 7bn XRP to RippleWorks   1) Address that activated BW account: https://bithomp.com/explorer/rwSy4ZmW1hvpziYyeVQ35yhMTY

Update on 8/13: rH5AgjpTd6fNhTTA4ATnSpznAzsS94JjKh - 14.5M rLTsSbzhrr1MAXSWpzFBtS2bi4dFb6bpWL - 2.5M rMwhLJ8VvvZq2PsfC9PBigZY5UWDj5jpHr - 50M rJfoXNyaaWAiag3R7t9oa3UqyRa663qTrc -

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, corak said:

The sum of all tracked addresses, of which there are about 30.

Here's the last 4 addresses with a significant balance that remain:

rLqQA5B4UTxCkjjLYDMSJprycuWh6iyqPr - 100M
rshPuu6VZo3DnAaEY5fBe3nA4CB5MKBYcp - 50M
rLTsSbzhrr1MAXSWpzFBtS2bi4dFb6bpWL - 50M
r3BJrkuAGQMdaoSw4TMizeSYZoLM5kvEGj - 33M

cool.

this is the only one I see sending funds to exchanges of those four though:

r3BJrkuAGQMdaoSw4TMizeSYZoLM5kvEGj

17 minutes ago, Benchmark said:

By the way, in 4 days it's 27th March. The nearest tinfoil-hat date. B)

No more whale to flood the market. Less supply & same demand = happy zerpers.

Thought of the same thing lol

in regards to the sale pattern, the higher than usual dump during Coinbase rumors leads me to believe it’s someone with knowledge that Coinbase would not make an announcement related to a XRP listing. 

21 minutes ago, sneaks said:

How do we know this isn't just exchanges purchasing XRP for use as liquidity? 

Sorry in advanced if this has already been addressed

What do you mean? Bitstamp and Bitfinex don't need to purchase any XRP. People deposit it themselves and trade it there.

4 hours ago, Professor Hantzen said:

Exchanges may operate their own MM's, either by themselves or in collaboration with others.

OK, why would an MM constantly need to refill their XRP stock like that? In normal operation, market making should be neutral on the two assets being exchanged. i.e. on average they will end each day with roughly the same amount of XRP as they started with.

If MMs are skewed heavily towards selling it's because someone else has given them XRP to sell, or they want to intentionally dump their own reserve -  which might be exactly what's happening here. It's just that the originating wallet belongs to someone that was paid by X.FortKnox.6. Could the "MM" itself be the same party that originally obtained these 1.08B and now wants to get rid of it? I suppose so. Then the MM is the BearWhale.

TL;DR It's still an early stakeholder, whether they also function as an MM today or not. If not, the stakeholder may have contracted an MM to dump it into the market on his/her behalf.

23 minutes ago, kenrino said:

@corak notice this wallet receive back xrp (same destination ta) 

https://bithomp.com/explorer/rQJteJeKc3v7Vf3JZyYMaS9KMSAhmRzxDD

https://bithomp.com/explorer/r3BJrkuAGQMdaoSw4TMizeSYZoLM5kvEGj

not sure what it mean

Where do you see the destination tags? I looked at a few of these transactions, and couldn't find it.

Do you have a transaction hash?

Flows from Bitstamp into private wallets or other exchanges, do not specify a tag for the originating account (as far as I know) so there's simply no way to tell who's doing all these withdrawals. It may also simply be cold storage belonging to Bitstamp.