corak

A chart of aggregate XRP holdings by the BearWhale

15 hours ago, brotherblades said:

Guys, just had a look at the accounts again and it looks like they are all empty as of yesterday! could it be over?

15 hours ago, Paradox said:

Wow it looks like you're right.  I wonder if they have all been sold.

Nobody knows if he sold everything. Maybe he was just moving large stacks around on purpose, because he knows that many people are watching these wallets and expect a dump. Guess what happens when people expect a dump? They go full panic mode and immediately sell ...

42 minutes ago, DavyJones said:

Nobody knows if he sold everything. Maybe he was just moving large stacks around on purpose, because he knows that many people are watching these wallets and expect a dump. Guess what happens when people expect a dump? They go full panic mode and immediately sell ...

I can't imagine he keeps most of his XRP on an exchange though. Sure, maybe the last few millions he's got - yes, but everything else I'm pretty sure it's sold or at least converted to another crypto and withdrawn from the exchange.

I would think it's possible, even likely, that this is not a malicious actor but rather someone doing something we all would approve of...  perhaps a charity converting the XRP gift to dollars so they can do good works rather than wait an indeterminate period until XRP becomes the standard.

Or perhaps one of the founders or early employees taking profit which I believe they deserve and are entitled to.

Or maybe it's Ripple moving liquidity into the markets which ultimately grows the ecosystem.  

Or perhaps it's a bad acting rich person out to cause trouble.  But although the movements are valuable information to the day trader,  they are only of academic interest to the hodler.

But yes...  the movements are interesting, and as a hodler I am grateful to those of you who have sluethed all this out.

(Note:   Autocorrect had determined that although I had typed something very close or exactly correct as "sluethed" it decided to replace it with "spurted"...   

I was tempted to let it lie...  )     :) 

9 hours ago, iLeeT said:

I can't imagine he keeps most of his XRP on an exchange though. Sure, maybe the last few millions he's got - yes, but everything else I'm pretty sure it's sold or at least converted to another crypto and withdrawn from the exchange.

I don't think he moved it around to another exchange, may be he/they did, but I can tell you this, every time we saw XRP leave those wallets to go to an exchange, the price dumped, maybe that was people reacting, but my guess is this person wasn't bluffing, when XRP left those wallets it was sold on the open exchanges.