A chart of aggregate XRP holdings by the BearWhale

On 3/21/2018 at 1:42 PM, PlanK said:

It's Pope Brad selling his stash.

His intention is twofold:

1.  Provide cheap XRP for XRP Chat community

2.  Testing the faith of the HODLers

Blessed be are those that HODL the XRP, for they shall be rewarded SOON™

:angel:

So let it be written, so let it be done!

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just cause I'm bored and I already had almost all the code I needed to generate it, here's a chart of the XRP held by the collection of accounts known as the BearWhale, originating at address raZt9CZH

Actually my thoughts exactly! Chris Larsen supposedly donated 7bn XRP to RippleWorks   1) Address that activated BW account: https://bithomp.com/explorer/rwSy4ZmW1hvpziYyeVQ35yhMTY

Update on 8/13: rH5AgjpTd6fNhTTA4ATnSpznAzsS94JjKh - 14.5M rLTsSbzhrr1MAXSWpzFBtS2bi4dFb6bpWL - 2.5M rMwhLJ8VvvZq2PsfC9PBigZY5UWDj5jpHr - 50M rJfoXNyaaWAiag3R7t9oa3UqyRa663qTrc -

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Pinkman said:

Maybe it's Arthur Britto or someone else at Ripple selling their holdings for non-financial reasons.

This may be Arthur here

Username: ~ahbritto

Activated: 2013-01-01 03:21

Nickname: X.23

Genesis index: 87

But if you really keen use the Genesis for initial tracking.

7 hours ago, Zerp_Legend said:

Is he the only one we found out about ? Pretty interesting stuff though 

Yeah, I think so, at least the only one I know of. But in any case, there aren't many people with holdings above 1B - at least mysterious people like this guy, most of the big holders are Ripple/Jed etc. but all of them have some selling restrictions/Escrow etc., they can't just dump 10M XRP each day. 

7 hours ago, Mr_Cambridge said:

Do you know if these were sold? I'd be interested to see if sales were actually executed. There can't be too many folks with 10MM XRP in the world. 

Haven't really checked whether the last XRPs he sent were sold, but the 10M before that he definitely sold (I think on page 17 of this thread was more info - he pretty much cleared all the buy orders). And in general I don't expect someone to really hold milions of XRPs on an exchange, too risky. 

2 minutes ago, Cryptoball said:

There seems to be huge transfers lately on XRPL monitors twitter feed. Sorry I am stupid about this. Are these transfers to exchanges? Are they loading up for liquidity? 

Not necessarily, could be Ripple moving around funds between different wallets (they've done this in the past), Escrow, exchanges moving funds from hot wallet to a cold one etc.

13 hours ago, Cryptoball said:

There seems to be huge transfers lately on XRPL monitors twitter feed. Sorry I am stupid about this. Are these transfers to exchanges? Are they loading up for liquidity? 

There are alot of new exchanges opening up that actually do need that kind of liquidity, especially the ones with base pairs.

This account is now also interesting - it has acquired over 87 mil XRP from XRPII in the last 3 days and all were transferred to Bitfinex:

https://bithomp.com/explorer/r3WcNXUSK2HeCKSWxYmDwroDrWDzqFHvUo

The account hadn't made any moves in 2018. It was initially activated by another account that purchased a few million XRP from XRPII in May 2017.

15 minutes ago, bm32533476 said:

This account is now also interesting - it has acquired over 87 mil XRP from XRPII in the last 3 days and all were transferred to Bitfinex:

https://bithomp.com/explorer/r3WcNXUSK2HeCKSWxYmDwroDrWDzqFHvUo

The account hadn't made any moves in 2018. It was initially activated by another account that purchased a few million XRP from XRPII in May 2017.

I think there's a good possibility this is related to market making. There's been a huge demand for lending (to short XRP :-() on Bitfinex, and the assets to lend have to come from somewhere.

1 minute ago, DeletedUser said:

I think there's a good possibility this is related to market making. There's been a huge demand for lending (to short XRP :-() on Bitfinex, and the assets to lend have to come from somewhere.

I agree that market making is most likely the case. Could of course be someone loading up on XRP, but I doubt they'd keep this amount on an exchange.

2 minutes ago, fiik said:

traces back to https://bithomp.com/explorer/r3kmLJN5D28dHuH8vZNUZpMC43pEHpaocV in 7 hops

Activated: 2013-01-01 03:21

Name: Ripple

Nickname: OpenCoin.1

Domain: ripple.com

Twitter: @Ripple

Genesis index: 91

Genesis balance: 991 481 XRP

Not much point in looking at that as it will always happen when you have a purchase from XRP II.