A chart of aggregate XRP holdings by the BearWhale

5 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Well its dropping like a stone at the moment, hitting .35 and falling.  Judging from the info on this thread one seller called the Bear Whale that is causing this and it could go on for some days so we better brace ourselves for further drops.  Personally I am not too worried it all makes an already attractive proposition an even more attractive proposition.  Buyers will come into the market at some point and soak this up and after that there will be a bounce. 

I get no feeling that this has anything to do with inside information of a catastrophic failure inside XRP ecosystem

Agreed. The news and ecosystem only builds as the price falls. Early days of a high-risk, high-potential investments are stomach turning because they often make no sense with regards to price versus progress.

My stack of XRP is where I want it to be, but if we drop to the 20's again I'll buy more. 

Edited by VanGogh
  • Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just cause I'm bored and I already had almost all the code I needed to generate it, here's a chart of the XRP held by the collection of accounts known as the BearWhale, originating at address raZt9CZH

Actually my thoughts exactly! Chris Larsen supposedly donated 7bn XRP to RippleWorks   1) Address that activated BW account: https://bithomp.com/explorer/rwSy4ZmW1hvpziYyeVQ35yhMTY

Update on 8/13: rH5AgjpTd6fNhTTA4ATnSpznAzsS94JjKh - 14.5M rLTsSbzhrr1MAXSWpzFBtS2bi4dFb6bpWL - 2.5M rMwhLJ8VvvZq2PsfC9PBigZY5UWDj5jpHr - 50M rJfoXNyaaWAiag3R7t9oa3UqyRa663qTrc -

Posted Images

I have my investment with ETorro (I know it is unprofessional but it is easy and they have promised a wallet soon).  They have these bars called sentiment

XRP sentiments is always 100%

BTC is 98%

Over the last few days XRP has always shown 100%

It seems small investors are not fazed or running away.  The XRP community is really steady in the face of adversity

13 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

I have my investment with ETorro (I know it is unprofessional but it is easy and they have promised a wallet soon).  They have these bars called sentiment

XRP sentiments is always 100%

BTC is 98%

Over the last few days XRP has always shown 100%

It seems small investors are not fazed or running away.  The XRP community is really steady in the face of adversity

Decided some time ago that investing in XRP is all or nothing for me. What's the point of selling if it drops to almost nothing? What's the point of investing in this highly speculative new technology if you're not going for at least a 10,000 % return? I'm not a day trader with it. If I just wanted a reasonable return I would invest in stocks or real estate.

Edited by VanGogh
Decided some time ago that investing in XRP is all or nothing for me. What's the point of selling if it drops to almost nothing? What's the point of investing in this highly speculative new technology if you're not going for at least a 10,000 % return? I'm not a day trader with it. If I just wanted a reasonable return I would invest in stocks or real estate.

I am in the same boat. The way think of this is this is the same money I would have played blackjack with. Either I make a profit or I loose it.
5 hours ago, QWE said:

According to the addresses, XRPs are being sent to Bitfinex and Bitstamp. You can actually check the exchanges for today and yesterday and you will see a volume spike of millions XRP being sold within a 1 minute candle. The arbitrage bots take care that the action is almost instantly transferred to other exchanges.

This is Bitfinex yesterday, 1h candles. Below is the volume spike of up to 10 million XRPs in 2 hours. The first long red candle pushed the price to 0.40261 by absolutely clearing the buy orders.

image.png.4553b1041d6b32f66cebba43872bc757.png

Thanks for this screenshot, linking the bearwhale wallet transfer to the exchange -> buy/sell order activity.

That long candle obviously ate up all the significant buy orders/walls and thereby placed a strong downward pressure the price.

4 hours ago, PlanK said:

Tinfoil hat mode engaged:

It's Chris Larsen.  The IMF have instructed him to sell all his holdings to avoid conflict of interest prior to instating XRP as the one world currency.  Once the selling is completed expect announcements from the IMF (Impossible Mission Force) leader Tom Cruise.

Tinfoil hat mode disengaged.

Wouldn’t surprise me if it was something like this.

You’re been around since March 2016 so I am prepared to attach more weight to your tin foil hat than most!

Wish i’d known about XRP back then.

Respect for your longevity. :viannen_89:

Edited by WhentheBoat_ComesIn

As long as people keep getting scared and selling, this will continue. On and on until...no one who is left will sell. Then the interesting stuff starts. These ***hole institutional investors aren’t coming to the market as saviors- they’re going to wait until it’s thoroughly beat down. I hope, almost, that the market hurries up and gets run over a few more times. Almost, because I feel bad for people who are panicking.

The market can only get so low before big fish start buying. We're currently near $230B market cap. I really didn't think we'd drop this low but of course what do I know. Just doesn't make sense the crypto market dropping this much as big ticket exchanges are opening and block chain tech is growing. There should be a turning point, and when it does the next wave will be even bigger. Hopefully this takes XRP to a big ATH