corak

A chart of aggregate XRP holdings by the BearWhale

33 minutes ago, iLeeT said:

A matter of opinion :) I just speak based on my observations of friends and colleagues - a lot of them entered the market around December and got rekt after the 80% crash - none of them wants to re-enter the market and even deposit a single penny anymore. Might be just my surrounding, but that's at least 10 out of 10 people I know.

That's temporarily, greed will always win. It's in our human nature.  If those colleagues see others make big money again in a bull market they will think that last time they where late and lost, this time will they will play it right and be early. unless they made really stupid investments like LINK or those nonsense tokens without need. It's like a hangover, you tell yourself to never drink again but a week later you are having fun with friends. But people might be more experienced or careful not to jump in at the top. That's only good.

27 minutes ago, Gepster said:

You cannot make those statements based on your observations of 10 people and state things as fact on a forum.  

Here is the correct sample size for quantative research for a population of 6 billion:

Where did I say it was a fact? It's my opinion expressed on a forum.

What is a fact though is that the volumes are much lower than 2-3 months ago, especially for XRP

Edited by iLeeT

50 minutes ago, iLeeT said:

Where did I say it was a fact?

12 hours ago, iLeeT said:

as the crypto buzz is more or less over. 

You are stating it as a fact right there.

Even though you can have any opinion you want, all the facts point to a completely different direction.

And i think a more reasonable opinion is that, for XRP,  we are most likely staring mass adoption in the face (within 2 years).

Those 10 friends who bought high will make that same ''mistake'' again, and there are billions more coming to make that ''mistake'' too.

It's only a mistake if they sold at the bottom though.

Edited by Gepster

9 minutes ago, Gepster said:

You are stating it as a fact right there.

Even though you can have any opinion you want, all the facts point to a completely different direction.

And i think a more reasonable opinion is that, for XRP,  we are most likely staring mass adoption in the face (within 2 years).

Do I need to specifically state before each sentence that what I'm  writing on a public forum is a personal opinion when the whole point of a forum is to express opinions? I thought it's self-explanatory.

More reasonable opinion - maybe, but again it's just an opinion. But it's true that 2-3 months ago the volume was constantly in the billions and sometimes above 10B. Lately it's in the range of 250-500. That's a massive decrease - do you think it's because people are more hyped than ever? You can't deny that. 

I'm also very bullish for XRP in the next 3-5 years, but that doesn't mean you don't have to observe the market situation. 

10 minutes ago, iLeeT said:

Do I need to specifically state before each sentence that what I'm  writing on a public forum is a personal opinion when the whole point of a forum is to express opinions? I thought it's self-explanatory

Unfortunately you do here - this site is ridiculously inbred and has a definite orthodoxy.  Veer from that and the geese start honking.

2 hours ago, iLeeT said:

But it's true that 2-3 months ago the volume was constantly in the billions and sometimes above 10B. Lately it's in the range of 250-500. That's a massive decrease - do you think it's because people are more hyped than ever? You can't deny that. 

I think you (and your friends) are acting a little too emotional.

Lets get some facts into this convo:

1: 6 days ago the 24h volume spiked from ~200million to ~1.5Billion like it was nothing (without any hype in a bear market). That shows retail is just waiting to jump on the bandwagon .

2: Bittrex opened registration, and had to close it again after 25 minutes  because of “overwhelming response from new users.” 

3. XRP gaining 40% in a mere 7 days..

Yeah, the hype is not over, it hasnt even begun 

https://coincentral.com/bittrex-exchange-re-opens-user-registration-closes-it-again-after-wave-of-sign-ups/

Edited by Gepster

4 minutes ago, Plennie_Wingo said:

Unfortunately you do here - this site is ridiculously inbred and has a definite orthodoxy.  Veer from that and the geese start honking.

Its not mandatory to be here mate. Have fun at r/buttcoin

Edited by Gepster

1 hour ago, iLeeT said:

Do I need to specifically state before each sentence that what I'm  writing on a public forum is a personal opinion when the whole point of a forum is to express opinions? I thought it's self-explanatory.

More reasonable opinion - maybe, but again it's just an opinion. But it's true that 2-3 months ago the volume was constantly in the billions and sometimes above 10B. Lately it's in the range of 250-500. That's a massive decrease - do you think it's because people are more hyped than ever? You can't deny that. 

I'm also very bullish for XRP in the next 3-5 years, but that doesn't mean you don't have to observe the market situation. 

You are comparing the high volume of a bull market to the low volume of a bear market, and wrongly assuming since volume is now low, the “hype” is over. That’s just silly. 

Bears markets typically have low volume, especially toward the end, because people want to try to wait for the bottom or a reversal before putting more money in. 

There is probably a massive amount of money sitting on the sidelines just waiting to come in now. And seeing as how the price has gone from $0.45 to $0.73 in about a week, while volume is increasing, I think that money is just now starting to flow in.

4 hours ago, bm32533476 said:

That wallet is now empty, everything moved to exchanges.

I have been following this also. In relation to the rest of the volume, the amount being sold is not significant, however, I wonder if there are enough people following it that sentiment will be impacted positively once the 200 MM XRP are sold? Maybe the volume is actually significant, most of the volume may be from short term traders, their volume impact is large and neutral, where as this volume is large and exclusively selling.