corak

A chart of aggregate XRP holdings by the BearWhale

You don't know if that address belongs to the same person - I'm suspecting it doesn't. But we can only speculate. If it doesn't, there's now a market maker sitting on a 500 million XRP reserve. Plus there's still the ~235M remaining in the original set of accounts.

21 minutes ago, kenrino said:

nice, but still not sure what he is doing, why receive xrp back from exhcange on this wallet:

https://bithomp.com/explorer/rQJteJeKc3v7Vf3JZyYMaS9KMSAhmRzxDD

I don't think this account belongs to the same whale. The XRP wallets are not linked to the ones in my list and there are a lot of exchange withdrawals to many different accounts, whereas all the accounts I tracked from the 1b raZt wallet withdraw to the same bitfinex, bitstamp and bittrex accounts. The only thing that is in common is the 16251624 bitstamp account.

Why do you think it is the same person?

because the account has 500m dormant (not  a common person) and receive also from bitfinex and bistamp and  destination is to send to an unique account, same person or entity (it works  that way for me on bitstamp) or maybe its same entity and separated wallets who knows

edit: maybe ripple or one of its maket makers so they dont care to leave xrp dormant (why would they send them back  to a cold wallet anyway?)

maybe rippleworks?

edit:

this one also have the same bitstamp  id:

https://bithomp.com/explorer/rQrsPWVXNAfAdhQq7fdgCK8vcHwLePMCMY

Edited by kenrino

So now we need to determine at which point the wallets belong to the whale.

I think it is fairly safe to assume rwSy4Z with 6,6b belongs to Ripple. From there 1b went to raZt9CH on 11.11.2015 and further on to rDahLhH on 08.01.2018, from this point onwards it goes quite fast to the exchanges. So maybe the whale received its XRP in Nov 2015 and decided to cash out in Jan 2018.

5 minutes ago, kenrino said:

so its connected to wallets you found?

edit: nevermind stupid question

I am going to answer it anyway :)

It is part of another group of 5 wallets that sell directly to the exchanges.

The whale seems to set up groups of 5 wallets of 40 - 50m XRP that sell to the exchange accounts. I have found 3 groups of wallets, see my updated image.

Edited by mrenne_17

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 4:45 PM, corak said:

Just cause I'm bored and I already had almost all the code I needed to generate it, here's a chart of the XRP held by the collection of accounts known as the BearWhale, originating at address raZt9CZHwHiAPZPWGLZ4bQJG91Jmdbjccm with about 1.08 billion XRP.

Chart is from start of 2018 to around yesterday.

I couldn't conveniently overlap a price/vol chart into it but most of the heavy dumping was done into volume spikes, usually during rallies or bounce backs. He dumped a lot in the last 48 hours, we had high volume, the dump before was into the Coinbase rumor, etc. 

The BearWhale has about 340 million XRP remaining. At current rate, the dump should complete by the end of April.

bearwhale.thumb.png.3fdd9be7d98e938d196ec8cb58bd89bc.png

This is a fascinating topic.  Thanks for making it.  Would be so hilarious if BW was watching this thread.

Probably an ill-informed suggestion, but is it possible that this "whale" is simply the 3rd party that sells XRP into the open market on behalf of Ripple? Are the sales a similar percentage of daily trade volume on the exchanges?

41 minutes ago, Tripple said:

Probably an ill-informed suggestion, but is it possible that this "whale" is simply the 3rd party that sells XRP into the open market on behalf of Ripple? Are the sales a similar percentage of daily trade volume on the exchanges?

XRP-II wallets are marked, but I don't know if it is consistent.

The whale sales in Q1 were almost 800m XRP, so this would be much, much more than what they were selling last Q (91m USD) - unless of course they were selling their XRP very cheap.

1 hour ago, bm32533476 said:

Am I correct that the action has stopped? Had a quick look at the main 5 accounts that were left and the last transactions on them were back on 22 Mar.

I have noticed the same

3 hours ago, bm32533476 said:

Am I correct that the action has stopped? Had a quick look at the main 5 accounts that were left and the last transactions on them were back on 22 Mar.

Yes you are. Usually he sells into large volumes.

Or maybe he wants to keep the rest. We'll see! He does not have that much left anyway.