corak

A chart of aggregate XRP holdings by the BearWhale

1 hour ago, CryptoJustin said:

Is the plan to dump the XRP - watch it go down then buy it back at the lower price before the end of year pump?

Nobody knows for sure who this is, so nobody has a clue what this persons intent is.

4 hours ago, DeletedUser said:

10M more was dumped today. They're down to 190M.

rJfoXNyaaWAiag3R7t9oa3UqyRa663qTrc - 50M

rH5AgjpTd6fNhTTA4ATnSpznAzsS94JjKh - 50M

rMwhLJ8VvvZq2PsfC9PBigZY5UWDj5jpHr - 50M

rLTsSbzhrr1MAXSWpzFBtS2bi4dFb6bpWL - 40M

Last one is down to 30M

Is there some online tool where I can subscribe to addresses and receive alerts/emails when there's a movement of funds?

I guess I can code up something this week, but haven't used the rippled API before so it could take me a bit of time, just wondering if it's something out there already

Anyone else thinks that this is a Ripple employee(s) and he(or they) plans to dump it all in small amounts in order to comply with an agreement between Ripple and SEC? The dumping certainly coincides with the timeframe that SEC is pushing and the whole decentralization of XRP by Ripple (Xspring, less validators owned by Ripple, donation to charity by Ripple). One factor that we haven't considered is the amount of XRP owned by Ripple employees. The whole decentralization agenda that SEC is pushing is definitely lowering the holdings of XRP among Ripple employees and founders.

4 hours ago, Zedy44 said:

If they are US-based maybe they are offsetting big losses in other investments by selling their XRP at a profit even in the bear market. Who knows.

This makes sense to me. Perhaps other opportunities presented themselves, such as ETC taking off. Could also simply be to prop up BTC price but $5m seems insignificant where BTC manipulation is concerned.

On 4/23/2018 at 9:41 AM, Kiwi said:

What I dont understand.. if people expect price to go to like $10 eoy, why would whale dump all his coins at sub $1 like he did?

Conspiracy theorists might say it is evidence that a major price surge is incoming; manipulation by “the man” to keep the price artificially low before the big push starts.

21 minutes ago, Zerptime said:

Please don't be like one of those conspiracy crypto community, there is none of it, just a random whale who took a risk in xrp and now deciding to sell, simple.

1 billion XRP is huge amount even for a whale. Also most whales dumped XRP way earlier (in January). Why would he dump in a time when it's clearly a bear market? This is market manipulation 101. No one in sane mind will dump almost 90% of his holdings in a bear market.

12 minutes ago, WhentheBoat_ComesIn said:

Conspiracy theorists might say it is evidence that a major price surge is incoming; manipulation by “the man” to keep the price artificially low before the big push starts.

He was absolutely spot on when he started selling around ATH though, before the big crash. Let's hope he's wrong this time round, although I can imagine he's got more insider info and connections with other whales than I do :) 

@icebreath - he dumped most of his holdings at the start and during the bear market (you can't dump 1B XRP that easily, you'll need high volume to do that and even then I think he had an influence on the market direction, at least in terms of XRP)

Edited by iLeeT

10 minutes ago, icebreath said:

1 billion XRP is huge amount even for a whale. Also most whales dumped XRP way earlier (in January). Why would he dump in a time when it's clearly a bear market? This is market manipulation 101. No one in sane mind will dump almost 90% of his holdings in a bear market.

You are assuming that they are being guided by price and the market, but it looks very likely that this is not the case.

5 minutes ago, iLeeT said:

He was absolutely spot on when he started selling around ATH though, before the big crash. Let's hope he's wrong this time round, although I can imagine he's got more insider info and connections with other whales than I do :) 

@icebreath - he dumped most of his holdings at the start and during the bear market (you can't dump 1B XRP that easily, you'll need high volume to do that and even then I think he had an influence on the market direction, at least in terms of XRP)

Perhaps the selling at ATH was intended to easier facilitate the bear market? I really don’t know - but I do strongly suspect all of this is orchestrated for the benefit of the establishment and “the man”!

The BearWhail

rwSy4ZmW1hvpziYyeVQ35yhMTYtEEpZPtA

Activated: 2014-06-10 22:03

Activated by: r4EKQxzz2XMaSBjWPfH119tj7yA37sweEQ

Activated with: 6.600B XRP

r4EKQxzz2XMaSBjWPfH119tj7yA37sweEQ

Activated: 2013-05-27 21:07

Activated by: rn4o6i8BrwhwmyjLntKsW4DZnk76dZXocS   X.FortKnox.6

Activated with: 3.550B XRP

FortNox

rn4o6i8BrwhwmyjLntKsW4DZnk76dZXocS

Activated: 2013-01-26 22:36

Nickname: X.FortKnox.6

Activated by: X.Distributor.1

Activated with: 9.000B XRP

jed… jed?

Jed McCaleb: 9 billion

The Genesis 

r8TR1AeB1RDQFabM6i8UoFsRF5basqoHJ

Nickname: X.Distributor.1

Genesis index: 125

Genesis balance: 79.998B XRP

so who had 80 B zerps laying round

Company (OpenCoin): 80 billion

Edited by fiik
i so bent

Just now, Zerptime said:

You don't know about the January thing and how do you think bear market are formed? Hint people are selling!

Whales are selling first and then the rest of the people are selling. Same goes with the start of the bull market. They're the ones with the big money and their big sell or buy orders are setting the scene for what is about to transpire. Crypto market is suspect to high manipulation to those with big money because most of the speculators are people with low income and dreams of mooning and lambos (aka low patience).