corak

A chart of aggregate XRP holdings by the BearWhale

11 minutes ago, corak said:

Just cause I'm bored and I already had almost all the code I needed to generate it, here's a chart of the XRP held by the collection of accounts known as the BearWhale, originating at address raZt9CZHwHiAPZPWGLZ4bQJG91Jmdbjccm with about 1.08 billion XRP.

Chart is from start of 2018 to around yesterday.

I couldn't conveniently overlap a price/vol chart into it but most of the heavy dumping was done into volume spikes, usually during rallies or bounce backs. He dumped a lot in the last 48 hours, we had high volume, the dump before was into the Coinbase rumor, etc. 

The BearWhale has about 340 million XRP remaining. At current rate, the dump should complete by the end of April.

bearwhale.thumb.png.3fdd9be7d98e938d196ec8cb58bd89bc.png

Good effort.. Hopefully we kill the whale soon..

I simply tracked the sum of XRP balances on these accounts (they are not exchanging any IOUs on the XRPL anyway). The XRP are being moved, several millions at a time, into a few accounts on Bitstamp and Bitfinex.

22 minutes ago, corak said:

I couldn't conveniently overlap a price/vol chart into it but most of the heavy dumping was done into volume spikes, usually during rallies or bounce backs.

The speculators will say it's Ripple trying to manipulate the price :)

8 minutes ago, tulo said:

The speculators will say it's Ripple trying to manipulate the price :)

Well, assuming the BearWhale wants it to take less than like a year to sell, I don't think he really had much of a choice :)

Probably this guy.

EDIT: actually there's a flaw in this theory - there was no point where he could have gotten 1.08 billion XRP for $2M, even at the worst of the ArmaJEDdon.

Edited by corak

1 minute ago, Trickery said:

I base my assumption on the fact that one of the addresses had 6B 4 years ago.

well X.FortKnox.6 is like a Genesis node almost. But any early investor who bought direct from Ripple in the early days would probably have a direct chain of payments leading to one of these accounts ... it doesn't say much about who exactly it is though.