dregos

How will Ripple Futures impact XRP?

46 minutes ago, Spunkmeyer said:

Totally agree about whether futures are good or bad.. seems to me overall they are quite negative. Inject some money but then suck more out than was put in..

there are some huge holders out there, i can't shake the feeling futures seem to set a pump and dump cycle...

39 minutes ago, robertbruce said:

there are some huge holders out there, i can't shake the feeling futures seem to set a pump and dump cycle...

50 minutes ago, dregos said:

Here is an article -> https://www.coindesk.com/ripples-xrp-just-might-next-big-crypto-futures-market/

Could it be, that XRP was shorted just like BTC, and that the price is a result of BTC chain and the futures? Is Ripple Futures good or bad for XRP?

I think that the outcome would be neither positive or negative. Just more pump and dump and huge price-swings at the expiration date.

Look  at BTC. Doesn’t seem that futures helped that poor coin.....

9 hours ago, robertbruce said:

But there is no real volume on btc futures to seriously change the price??? IMO the futures change the price due too the emotional chain reaction of the news around it. 

10 hours ago, CryptoGerrie said:

But there is no real volume on btc futures to seriously change the price??? IMO the futures change the price due too the emotional chain reaction of the news around it. 

this emotional chain reaction from the boogeyman visiting every fortnight, yerr ino right, is really bad...lol

is it possible to see the figures of the futures contract's?

11 hours ago, robertbruce said:

this emotional chain reaction from the boogeyman visiting every fortnight, yerr ino right, is really bad...lol

is it possible to see the figures of the futures contract's?

Haha yesss i know it is bad!! I mean everyone telling everyone the price is dropping due too futures closing. And the whole big short theories, like we are in the movies:

https://www.barchart.com/futures/bitcoin

The futures are settled in cash and that is a very big risk as price manipulation could happen easy, however there is no data supporting thay it actually did. I think the next thing will be options on btc,  cause the interest in futures is low. But opening on December 10th at 20k, closing around 9k in first round doesn’t help either ;)

but btc went down because it was overpriced for the moment and state it is in (non regulated and slow). Mcaffe eating his **** doesn’t change wallstreet and chicago traders their mind.

Sounds like another real use case scenario to me. I'm no futures expert and only know the dumb down basics. 

BTC futures never made sense to me as I didn't see the point of buying a contract for btc at some price. But if banks aren't hodling many zerps and constantly need a supply of them as they go for payments. Buying a contract to lock in zerps at a known price will allow them to get on with their business and plan their budget for the quarter. 

I guess I see it working well, in the context futures were made for originally.