Who's had Ripple since early 2017 or before?

As a long time holder, I have watched XRP go from near .006 up a few 100% and back down to .006 a number of times. 100% retracement. Prior to the move up to near .40 in 2017, this was the norm. Anything less than 100% retracement to near .006 is a new development (2017+). 2017 shifted the needle because of increase in XRP volume (speculative trading and transactions). As long as new sources of XRP volume continue to come online, I don't think we will have 100% retracement again.

@lucid99 i bought avg at 20 cent. Waited for months, one point i was down 30k. I bought it with btc and yes offcourse i sometimes thought i made the wrong choice. But later I discovered this forum met Hodor and learned so much from him and start actually believing in my investment and i cared less about the price. And this was when I was in serious red numbers. It is difficult to hold in difficult times, but i can also tell you it is hard to sell in good times. The key thing is the market is changing. We will reach global regulation this year. That will mean the utilization of the coin, but also the company behind it will become more important. Ripple will beat most other cryptos  at that level. But don’t expect this to be a easy and quick bounce, crypto market is a bubble with all the fake coins. Sadly everyone will feel the impact. Look at bold move from Bittrex banning 80 coins this month. It will take most of 2017. But i am positive that we will get back above 1 usd soon. And personally i still believe in 5-10 usd range EYO. Mind you that is 1000 % ROI. In crypto all the so called “expert traders”, think that is a joke. But I truly believe in a more slow but sustainable growth with a true case, real team and office. Ripple checks all off above, period.

i know your avg usd is way higher, but just (try) to stay calm and don’t look at prices all day. Set a long goal in your head (5 years), make a good plan and before you know you can join the miljonairs club of XRP.

56 minutes ago, lucid99 said:

Would really like to hear from those who bought cheap, felt the up and downs (we're in the red) and came out strong. How does what's happening now compare?

Doea anyone think this is business as usual for crypto or is this crash different?

bought most of it when litecoin was $10.. I think it was @ .026.. Also got maybe a couple of thousand from https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamInfo.do?teamId=0QGNJ4D832 back in 2013/2014

even back then, it (XRP) had a compelling use case. Never thought it would reach the heights it did at the beginning of this year so quickly though..

Edited by richxrp

I got my first XRP through the cancer research rewards in 2014. around .026 yes:

image.png.9693d408aa57e4447b299df22d871ea2.png<

i didn't even remember it went down as low as 0.008 in 2016 and then 0.005 in 2017!:

image.thumb.png.d2306c4b97134af999164452fc57eaa2.png

Can't predict where it will be next week or next month. But it will explode in 2 to 5 years. Crypto is here to stay and the price will always go up.

Edited by Strovu

Bought March of 2017.  I remember thinking what if xrp ever hit $0.10?  Back then it never entered my mind that xrp could hit $0.5 or above. 

When the price went from $0.4 to $0.12 was worst for me.  I think this crash is different in that I have more confidence in Ripple the company than I did when I first bought xrp. 

I believe xrp will hit another ATH this year if xRapid adoption picks up like xCurrent has.  If a cumulative value of $2-3 billion flows into xrp, a very small amount in the grand scheme of xrp, it will be at another ATH. 

I bought first xrp at beginning of 2017. I am buying since then. 

It is hard to watch corrections. I always ask myself why I did not sell when was high. I was planning to sell all at $0.15 and I am happy I did not.
For XRP all you need is patience, run will come.

No need for me to grow as it did last year, but around $5 would be great EOY.

I got in around $.05... so to be honest, I've not really seen any "downs".  As long as it doesn't dip back down below $.15, I'll still be in the black.  I pick up a few more zerps here and there just to accumulate while it's cheap, but I don't even watch the market anymore.  I stay up to date on them in the news and check in here every once in a while, but that's about it. 

It's the exact same way I view my 401k.  I'm not touching it, so there's no need to keep a close eye on the price fluctuations on a daily, or even weekly, basis.  But I still stay up to date on the market as whole, just so I'm knowledgeable on what's happening. 

I was basically red until Dec 12th. I kept buying at peaks and then there was a sell off, but I kept accumulating.

I've bought on average at least once a week every week this year. probably more. And right now I'm still green on a dollar cost average basis even though my average 2018 buys have probably been well over $1ea. 

It's a little easier being green overall, but still would be nice to see an upward trend again. it's been a while. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.