XRPwillfailby2020

Are members here still buying ?

5 minutes ago, BarryMcHockenue said:

I'm very good at math.  I openly admitted I'm too over-weighted in XRP.  If I end up having made the wrong choice, oh well, I made that choice.  But like I said, to me the reward is greater than the risk IMO.

What's your exit strategy?

tenor (21).gif

Edited by balin79

18 minutes ago, balin79 said:

What's your exit strategy?

tenor (21).gif

Truthfully, much to my chagrin, again pointing to the fact that I feel I'm too over-weighted in XRP relative to my other investments, I probably will liquidate 1/2 of my position if/when it reaches $2.00.  I'll hold the other 50% and would liquidate half of that if it ever reached $10.00.  The remaining 25% I would hold continually, just in case the moon ever happened, though if it ever reached $100.00, I'd seriously consider selling a large portion.  I'll always own at least some, come hell or high water though.

Edited by BarryMcHockenue

7 minutes ago, BarryMcHockenue said:

Truthfully, much to my chagrin, again pointing to the fact that I feel I'm too over-weighted in XRP relative to my other investments, I probably will liquidate 1/2 of my position if/when it reaches $2.00.  I'll hold the other 50% and would liquidate half of that if it ever reached $10.00.  The remaining 25% I would hold continually, just in case the moon ever happened, though if it ever reached $100.00, I'd seriously consider selling a large portion.  I'll always own at least some, come hell or high water though.

Trust your gut. Don't sell too much too early. It already reached almost $4 with minimal utility and institutional money.

I wish you well for selfish reasons.

*****Not financial advice******

Edited by balin79

30 minutes ago, Excerpts said:

What are the new ones?  I find this entire space to be very interesting.

I am long XRP.  

Other coins I have looked into are NULS, ZIL, Holochain.

Not financial advice, just my opinion.

Some use-cases are in very early stages of development..and will take quite a while to develop, like 'IoT' and 'artificial intelligence'.  Take articifial intelligence for example, on coincheckup.com there are 30 cryptos or so that are specifically related to artificial intelligence, but look at these coins' ages, they vary between 1 to 9 months in age...these cryptos are all quite young and so haven't been around the block in terms of development and adoption like BTC, ETH, XRP, etc.  One or more of these might succeed with time in terms of marketcap, so this is just one example of an underdeveloped use case in cryptospace.

2 hours ago, Chookstar said:

This is me too. I am still buying when a pay check comes in. I have a bigger stash than I ever anticipated, but I am questioning how high the price can really go. Naturally if it only goes to $10 the more you have the better you do, which is a good reason to keep buying. However the amount of fiat I’m spending is starting to feel more substantial than before. I hope I am not so far down the rabbit hole that I can’t see things from a broader perspective. 

One question that arises for me is that say the price got to $100 and people started selling, according to wallet statistics there would be many many people sitting on $100 million plus. Is that really possible? Can that really happen, for so many people to suddenly have so much wealth? If anyone can shed some light on this element I’d really appreciate it. 

I think that only the hardcore hodlers will be left at $100. Imagine XRP is at $100 and the price drops to $90. 10 million becomes 9 million (assuming you had 100,000 XRP). How many people will be able to handle that?

Here is a strategy I am using. (not financial advice)

Ask yourself what is the purpose of generating wealth, and come up with "insert reason here". How much do I need to achieve this? how long am I willing to wait?

You could split your bag into two parts, long(primary "need") , and extra long(secondary "want").

The long bag is to achieve "insert reason here". The extra long bag is for anything you would like to do after your initial needs are met.

Number of XRP = x, price of xrp = p, target value = v. Therefore...... x * p = v, or v/x = p

Example (change figures with respect to your situation)

Say you want $1,000,000(v) to become financially independent(or any other goal) and have 10,000 XRP(x), use v/x = p, 1,000,000/10,000 = p, p = $100

As you keep adding XRP the value of p keeps getting lower and  potentially achieving your goal sooner.

Now it is just a function of time. Boring but simple/easy.

Keep a play stash if you enjoy trading

Any extra just goes in the extra long account (5+ years)

Having clearly defined goals is super important, helps to keep you focused.

10 hours ago, Chookstar said:

One question that arises for me is that say the price got to $100 and people started selling

People will be selling long before 100.  This will not be a straight shot to 100 obviously.  Lets say for the sake of discussion that xrp had a great run in 2018 and hit 5-10 usd, do you think that people will not sell, even those here on xrpchat ?  if it hits 5 or 10 lets say, it's going to retrace most likely, and we all know that if it runs to 5 it will be a massive retracement.  You are more than welcome to hodl that retracement of course, but it will retrace.  just adding my 2 xrps. 

I hope it hits 100 overnight and I wake up and hit the exchange and sell at least 50% of these xrps and watch that 70% retracement, buy back in with the proceeds.  Price stabilizes at 10 lets say, then you buy multiples of what you sold, wait for that next big wave and then sell more.

Perhaps the trade plan is to hodl for life, then will your xrp to someone and not trade this asset.  That is ok. 

We will see massive retracements well before xrp sees 100usd, so I think it is good to consider the plan for these price actions.  It will strengthen your position.

6 hours ago, Excerpts said:

People will be selling long before 100.  This will not be a straight shot to 100 obviously.  Lets say for the sake of discussion that xrp had a great run in 2018 and hit 5-10 usd, do you think that people will not sell, even those here on xrpchat ?  if it hits 5 or 10 lets say, it's going to retrace most likely, and we all know that if it runs to 5 it will be a massive retracement.  You are more than welcome to hodl that retracement of course, but it will retrace.  just adding my 2 xrps. 

I hope it hits 100 overnight and I wake up and hit the exchange and sell at least 50% of these xrps and watch that 70% retracement, buy back in with the proceeds.  Price stabilizes at 10 lets say, then you buy multiples of what you sold, wait for that next big wave and then sell more.

Perhaps the trade plan is to hodl for life, then will your xrp to someone and not trade this asset.  That is ok. 

We will see massive retracements well before xrp sees 100usd, so I think it is good to consider the plan for these price actions.  It will strengthen your position.

"Just adding my 2 xrps" 

Amazing

i'm buying because i already have btc and want xrp for it, so i wait for the best deal, and that is now, because since the ath, the price

of 1 xrp never got lower than about 0,00006950 btc, and it's around 0,00007000 for weeks now so that means that xrp owners do not sell

for less than that, so the only way is up from here so i would say, when you already have btc and want xrp, then buy now because it doesn't

get lower than about 0,00007000btc for one xrp.

Haven't really read through this thread, so if we're off topic now, sorry. 

I'm still buying. Just FOMO'd myself to sell most of my alts (which wasn't much) back into XRP. 

I stopped my weekly buys for 2 weeks but then again, FOMO hit. Bought again today and I'm going to buy weekly again until we hit $1. 

My strategy has been to buy as much as possible while it is under a dollar. So far all of my XRP has been purchased between .42 and .54. I did buy 1000 today which I realize is a little bit of a FOMO buy  (is the trend reversing? not sure but want to get in as low as possible). Right now I also have some USD that I am holding back hoping that we get at least one more drop to .40 or below before the market reverses. If we break up above the current channel then I'll go ahead and keep buying until we hit $1. Once it goes above a dollar I will likely stop buying regardless of what the market is doing. I'm planning to hold long-term but of course will reassess based on what actually happens. I'm sure some will say this is a stupid strategy but it makes sense to me and is what I'm comfortable with.