I know I'll be slated for this but...

Look at the current bear market, there's no denying we're in tough times. When companies like Google ban crypto adverts you know that behind the curtain the mega powers of the world hate crypto right now... Or they appear to.

This is for a multitude of reasons but I believe the two most plausible are:

1. Banks / governments are worried and feel out of the loop. They want greater control, most likely the governments

2. There is huge market manipulation and the whales coordinate media attacks to lower the price, getting the small guys to sell so they can buy up!

IMO #1 is the most likely, but I believe there's a combination of both... Where am I going with this??

Well... This bear market is here to stay!! And XRP is heading to sub $0.20, my guess is lower. Could see as low as 9-16 cents. 

Why, what's my rationale?

Look at coin market cap... Bitcoin dominance is growing against the alts. Even alts as fantastic as XRP are losing ground, all alts without except are in this basket NO MATTER HOW GREAT THEY ARE. So before I get roasted I'm an enormous XRP fan, always have been. It's by far my favourite crypto but right now it is overvalued... Yep, I said it. XRP is currently overvalued. 

BTC market cap is 130 B, the last time we saw BTC at $7.5k XRP was just 20 cents (~Nov-17) - now it's at 60 cents. Yes, absolutely XRP was way under its intrinsic value at that point in time - I get that. But remember that was in a bull market the likes of which the world has never seen. The Cryptoverse has blown away all other investments for volatility, which is great for investors with a strong constitution!

I believe:

1. The bear market will continue until regulators globally work out an international strategy. Don't hold your breath. This will take time!!!

2. BTC dominance will end up around 75%+... BTC is one of the few cryptocurrencies all nations 'understand' or at least are most familiar with and they're likely to regulate it first and are more likely to smash all alts before they understand them better 

3. Alts like XRP will return to early to mid 2017 prices... Before the bubble. Yes! We were in a bubble!!! 

Edited by Xrpdude

So apparently it was under its intrinsic value at 20 cents, but it will go down to 9-16 cents now because ... reasons? okay. Has anything about this company changed for the worse since mid 2017?

Also just wondering who do you imagine is so allergic to money that they'll be sitting on the ask side of this thing and trying to sell it for 9-16 cents. Who are these people and how come they haven't sold already?

Regarding BTC, it is a poor foundation, it would be a mistake to build any further upon it. Doesn't matter how much money is riding on that thing, if there are truly better alternatives. Economics always win in the long term.

1 minute ago, corak said:

So apparently it was under its intrinsic value at 20 cents, but it will go down to 9-16 cents now because ... reasons? okay. Has anything about this company changed for the worse since mid 2017?

Also just wondering who do you imagine is so allergic to money that they'll be sitting on the ask side of this thing and trying to sell it for 9-16 cents. Who are these people and how come they haven't sold already?

Regarding BTC, it is a poor foundation, it would be a mistake to build any further upon it. Doesn't matter how much money is riding on that thing, if there are truly better alternatives. Economics always win in the long term.

What has changed my friend (have you been living under a rock!?) Is the sheer appetite for regulation. Nothing like we've seen before. 

2013 crash was much more straight forward and easy to understand, Mt Gox. This talk of regulation has got investors spooked.

Don't believe me...? Look at coinmarketcap 

Just now, Xrpdude said:

What has changed my friend (have you been living under a rock!?) Is the sheer appetite for regulation. Nothing like we've seen before. 

2013 crash was much more straight forward and easy to understand, Mt Gox. This talk of regulation has got investors spooked.

Regulation has XRP investors spooked? Have YOU been living under a rock? I don't even know how to answer that, I'm dumbfounded.

2 minutes ago, Xrpdude said:

Lol "great' argument 

I'm sorry, you are just making up things, of all the crypto projects this one has made the most effort to work with regulators and align itself properly, why do you imagine we are scared of it? 

Edited by corak

1 minute ago, corak said:

I'm sorry, you are just making up things, of all the crypto projects this one has the most effort to work with regulators and align itself properly, why do you imagine we are scared of it? 

:( Look at coinmarketcap

There's actual evidence there, not an XRP fan's wet dream 

Just now, Xrpdude said:

:( Look at coinmarketcap

There's actual evidence there, not an XRP fan's wet dream 

The funny thing is that if XRP simply went from 20c to 60c in a straight line you would not be making any of these gloom and doom arguments, even though the end result would be the same.

All of it is completely price-driven, you're just trying too hard to find an underlying reason for it. Would go as far as to say XRP investors are worried about regulation, then say claims to the contrary are a "fan's wet dream". Whatever.

1 minute ago, Gepster said:

You are kind of proving my point with the link you are providing. Nobody is banning crypto except China.

My point is risk averse investors, the new money etc will be looking at cryptocurrencies as unstable while there's talk of regulation but no clarity on exactly what that looks like 

23 minutes ago, Xrpdude said:

I think you fail to realise that XRP is one of the only digital assets that will shine thanks to regulations. Not to mention it doesn't need any speculative investor interest/money in order to succeed/rise in value.