Ripple’s New Communication Strategy

Chewiecoin

I love how aggressive the new communication strategy is. It's about time we stand up and defend our digital asset on a global platform. We're not just some random little "crypto" here to get bullied by bitcoin. We have a real product for a real problem for a real customer providing a real solution. Shoutout to Ripple's PR team!

@Chewiecoin

Great post,

Regarding Swift.... Surely if their own employee/s are/have jumped ship over to Ripple (and we only know to one thus far but i bet that there are plenty more that are either scared about their future employment or are already contemplating the idea of applying for a move over to Ripple) they must be see the "writing on the wall" that Ripple will win in the end, 

They have got more bullish in the way they are talking about themselves and the remark about Napster is great and very true, Swift can only admit defeat now, it is inevitability that Ripple will replace them

Personally I dont like the offensive marketing strategy. The chinese learned thousands of years ago that the indirect approach is more effective if you have a long term goal... Accumulate partners and let the result speak for themselves. No need to attack Swift, Bitcoin and Ethereum at the right time. This creates enemies on every front and if something is wrong with ripple (a bug in the software for example) the FUD will be unstoppable. It would actually be a joy to see how Swift would react if Ripple offered them a kind of partnership :D. We all know that Brad is long on Bitcoin so no need to call it Napster or anything.

21 minutes ago, Zerp_Legend said:

Personally I dont like the offensive marketing strategy. The chinese learned thousands of years ago that the indirect approach is more effective if you have a long term goal... Accumulate partners and let the result speak for themselves. No need to attack Swift, Bitcoin and Ethereum at the right time. This creates enemies on every front and if something is wrong with ripple (a bug in the software for example) the FUD will be unstoppable. It would actually be a joy to see how Swift would react if Ripple offered them a kind of partnership :D. We all know that Brad is long on Bitcoin so no need to call it Napster or anything.

I agree with you about the wisdom in biding your time before you strike.

But, remember Ripple and XRP have been around since 2012. They have been hiding in the background for years making deals, gaining clients and perfecting XRP and all of Ripple's software that incorporates it.

Most of this time they didn't say much about the competition. Even back before and during the ATH, much of what Brad was saying was sort of timid toward other cryptos. Remember how many times he said he "was long on Bitcoin?"

Only very recently has Ripple changed tactics and is on the offensive toward Swift and other cryptos. They smell blood and they are finally out for the kill. 

I love this new strategy and all I can say is "it's about bloody time." 

Edited by Coin_Hound

I am just not a good talker, I like to show facts instead of talking. Moneytap or the new Santander app is a great way to show how good Ripple Tech is. Let the customer speak. I hope for the day when Moneygram or Cambridge say that tests were very great and now the implement the real thing, thats all we need.

9 minutes ago, bayarea510 said:

I think at this point I think Ripple is extremely confident in their goal and that's why they changed their tone to a more bullish sentiment.

There is probably much more than we know, numerous partnerships etc... Wait for the day when the first bank goes live with xrapid

Edited by Zerp_Legend

Most of their marketing is directed at Regulators at this point.  Let's face it, banks need regulation to truly adopt XRP.

I think Brad uses the Napster analogy to illustrate to regulators a sort of relative precedent. However, I feel regulation is still a somewhat long road, so let's hope  WU, MG  and some other use cases gain traction in the meantime.

13 hours ago, Chewiecoin said:

I have been very impressed with the major pivot in Ripple’s communication strategy these last few months.

Awesome post, Chewie!!! :D I've noticed the same uptick in positive messaging from the whole team, and it's wonderful and refreshing to see.

It looks like they're looking forward to decoupling from the crypto space, and declaring their presence in the financial and enterprise markets. I have the feeling that a great awakening is imminent ;)