Jump to content

Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili


Snoopy

Recommended Posts

Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili
Servings: 10

1 onion, chopped 
1 16-oz can black beans 
1 16-oz can kidney beans 
1 16-oz can tomato sauce 

1 16 oz can of great northern white beans
10 oz package frozen corn kernels (used 2 small cans of corn kernels)
2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies (used a 28 oz can of diced tomatoes)
1 packet taco seasoning 
1 tbsp cumin 
1 tbsp chili powder (used a bit more as I didn't have any chilies in my tomatoes)
24 0z. (3) boneless skinless chicken breasts 
chili peppers, chopped (optional)
chopped fresh cilantro 
1 bag of Fritos (or tortilla chips)


Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker. Place chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Top with fresh cilantro.  We like to crush up the Fritos and top the chili with it.  Also try it with low fat cheese and sour cream.

 

No RegalChickens were harmed during the making of this chilli

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Snoopy said:

Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili
Servings: 10

1 onion, chopped 
1 16-oz can black beans 
1 16-oz can kidney beans 
1 16-oz can tomato sauce 

1 16 oz can of great northern white beans
10 oz package frozen corn kernels (used 2 small cans of corn kernels)
2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies (used a 28 oz can of diced tomatoes)
1 packet taco seasoning 
1 tbsp cumin 
1 tbsp chili powder (used a bit more as I didn't have any chilies in my tomatoes)
24 0z. (3) boneless skinless chicken breasts 
chili peppers, chopped (optional)
chopped fresh cilantro 
1 bag of Fritos (or tortilla chips)


Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker. Place chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Top with fresh cilantro.  We like to crush up the Fritos and top the chili with it.  Also try it with low fat cheese and sour cream.

 

No RegalChickens were harmed during the making of this chilli

This looks good. I have a crock pot going 6 days a week for when our boys get out of the sea. This time of year they always come in cold and hungry.
Any further info re. pk taco seasoning? What brand? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wob said:

This looks good. I have a crock pot going 6 days a week for when our boys get out of the sea. This time of year they always come in cold and hungry.
Any further info re. pk taco seasoning? What brand? 

I usually use the old el paso original... at least when my wife doesnt have me do the lower sodium.  I dont necessarily think it matters too much.  Its a 1 ounce packet if that helps.

This recipe also doubles and freezes well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Snoopy said:

I usually use the old el paso original... at least when my wife doesnt have me do the lower sodium.  I dont necessarily think it matters too much.  Its a 1 ounce packet if that helps.

This recipe also doubles and freezes well. 

Yayyyy - we can get that here.

It'll never get anywhere near the freezer....if there's any left in the pot I just keep adding fresh ingredients each morning (meat, veg, spices, etc), leave it on low all day so no matter what time they return home it's good to go immediately when they walk in the door. Seems like good winter food.
I'll give this a go next week. Thanks :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Wob said:

Yayyyy - we can get that here.

It'll never get anywhere near the freezer....if there's any left in the pot I just keep adding fresh ingredients each morning (meat, veg, spices, etc), leave it on low all day so no matter what time they return home it's good to go immediately when they walk in the door. Seems like good winter food.
I'll give this a go next week. Thanks :)

It's a great winter food, but honestly, it's just a great leave on to cook and come back home to food in general.  I've posted about hiking in the mountains of Virginia - and yes we have actually camped ON the Appalachian trail my parents have had a timeshare there for 40 years that we've gone to.  We went last year in August and when we asked what they wanted to have after dinner after one of our hike days - so we could plan what to take down there for meals - they both begged for this.  Just make sure you have plenty of fritos or other tortilla chips!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...