tulo

Cryptos not fully mainstream

6 hours ago, Seoulite said:

My wider point was the false assumption that America leads and the world follows.

Yeah I've noticed that too, I've traveled the world and every time I go to the US people speak to me like I just stepped out of the jungle, not everyone but certainly those who have never been out of their own state let alone the US. There is also a pervading sense that I am somehow longing to move to the US permanently, which couldn't be further from the truth.

Ok. Really check.

I am sitting eating stake at the stake house. Scrolling crypto prices. 

The hostes sees it, and we have a conversation about ripple. 

Couldn’t get any more mainstream than this.

4 hours ago, FUD said:

Ok. Really check.

I am sitting eating stake at the stake house. Scrolling crypto prices. 

The hostes sees it, and we have a conversation about ripple. 

Couldn’t get any more mainstream than this.

Where?

To me its actually quite interesting that theory that @tulo is presenting here is that since a fair share of US citizens know about Bitcoin then crypto can be called mainstream in the US. 

I wonder how many people in the US can name a few of the top 10 alt-coins? I wonder how many people in the US know how to comfortable navigate a crypto exchange? I would agree that a lot of financial media outlets are starting to shed light on crypto but I would argue that real mainstream investor adoption in the US is still a fairs way away. 

I would however agree that the average investor in the street in a lot of other markets trail even what is taking place in the US and that absolutely makes me share the level of excitement towards future potential growth. I suppose my point is that even when we look at a relatively "crypto developed market" like the US, the level of growth we can anticipate over the coming years is still immense. 

12 hours ago, Mercury said:

I always find it interesting to look at Google trends.

Top searches for 'ripple' for past 12 months are:

image.png.03ead85aa153d1a95c5f085bac9367ec.png

G Trends data is normalized, the numbers are not really indicative of absolute search volume. 

https://support.google.com/trends/answer/4365533?hl=en

If you want absolute search figures, I recommend using Google Keyword Planner and using square brackets for exact match queries.

Cheers

6 hours ago, tulo said:

Where?

Moscow. 

Nowdays , it’s very hard to find a person in big Russian towns or cities, that never heard of Blockchain. 

4 minutes ago, Trickery said:

Oh well, at least they have steak.

But it’s not all that good . The quantity of adapters to this new thing and their quality of knowing what are they investing in, are two different universes, hundred million years away from each other. Most of investing masses, have no clue . They just buy because it is trending now . 

Just now, FUD said:

But it’s not all that good . The quantity of adapters to this new thing and their quality of knowing what are they investing in, are two different universes, hundred million years away from each other. Most of investing masses, have no clue . They just buy because it is trending now . 

You went for the rump....didn't you?