TPM

OLD MONEY VS NEW MONEY

BETTER SYSTEM will result in BETTER VALUATION

After a month of reading post after post and each EXPERIENCED CRYPTO TRADER speculating about WHEN XRP will take off, it is clear to me that their are 2 types of crypto investors. OLD MONEY vs NEW MONEY.

What I mean by that is OLD MONEY is repesented by existing crypto traders, LIKE US,  who have set up accounts and know their way around every niche that allows each of us to buy, sell or convert 1 currency into another.

AND THEN, there are the NEWBIES with NEW MONEY who have to figure this CLUSTER FUCK out.

First, they have to figure out what a WALLET is....which one to choose.....and how to set up an ACH gateway in order to withdraw funds from their Bank to fund their WALLET at Conibase etc etc. Then, they have to figure out how to transfer money from Coinbase to POLO (example) in order to buy XRP. However, this can not happen for a minimum of 4 to 5 days before the funds from the bank get deposited into their COINBASE ACCOUNT.

Once their fiat funds have been deposited into their COINBASE wallet, they have to exchange their funds for BTC or ETH. Once they figure out how to do this, they now need to send their NEW CRYTO of choice to an exchange like POLO (example) because they can’t get XRP at Coinbase.

So, they have to create another account/wallet in some online EXCHANGE.

Once they figure out how to get around POLO (example), they have to figure out how to get on the right page and exchange BTC/ETH for XRP. Then, they have to figure out how to transfer the NEW XRP to ANOTHER wallet...... at GATEHUB(example) which they are told is SAFER than keeping their XRP on an exchange like POLO.

What a complete joke.....and a horrible setup to try to attract the average person WHO READS ABOUT XRP......WANTS TO BUY XRP.....but has no clue what a MIND BOGGLING new experience they are about to experience just to get their order for XRP  placed.

So, after that RANT. Maybe the only way for XRP to increase in liquidity and value is for RIPPLE to simplify the ability for the NEW MONEY and NEW INVESTORS to get into this market and easily move money from their bank SEAMLESSLY in real time to the WALLET OF THEIR CHOICE(Gatehub example) where they easily can purchase XRP!

If and when that happens, XRP might stand a chance of competing against the other crypto currencies. XRP isn't going to go up in value because of EXISTING CRYPTO TRADERS that know the system. It  will only SIGNIFICANTLY increase in value when MILLIONS OF "JOE SMOES" can read about or hear about XRP and get online and have quick and easy access to purchase XRP.

RANT OVER!
Edited by TPM

Ripple technology is based on seamless transfer of funds for banks in real time. Nothing can compare...

When they are able to create a seamless real time system for the purchase of XRP, that does not take 4 to 5 days to transfer accessible funds, XRP liquidity and valuation will sky rocket!

If gatehub or kraken COULD accept bank transfers in REAL TIME like the BANKS, crypto traders would go there first over coinbase etc.

XRP would be the primary crypto due to ease of access!

When/if that happens....game over!

Edited by TPM

@TPM With all due respect, Ripple Inc is a company that does not target anyone beyond top-tier financial institutions. I am quite confident that their clients receive all the needed support in acquisition of XRP. 

1 hour ago, TPM said:

When they are able to create a seamless real time system for the purchase of XRP, that does not take 4 to 5 days to transfer accessible funds

As per the quoted question, - implementation of ILP should make the purchase of XRP quite realtime. Amongst other assets. 

Can one not buy XRP through direct deposit of usd or euro to gatehub and trade? or is that on;y an option for existing ripple accounts before ripple trade closed?

Understood. I am being selfish since I can not invest in Ripple.

I can only invest in buying XRP.  As such,  I would prefer they make XRP the GATEKEEPER for easy transfer of fiat money through Gatehub or Kraken(Their Affiliates) into the crypto market.

Meaning, Crypto Traders would have THE EXISTING choice to purchase BTC or ETH at Coinbase  and still have to wait 4 to 5 days for their funds to transfer from their bank to Coinbase. ....OR.....A NEW OPTION where they could transfer funds IMMEDIATELY from their bank to GATEHUB or KRAKEN via RCL where they can ONLY PURCHASE XRP.......

Coinbase protects BTC and ETH and ease of access by only offering these 2 crypto's for purchase/exchange.......once fiat funds are deposited and available.....4 or 5 days later.

Turn around would be fair play, if ripple created the FASTEST path into the CRYPTO market that would cause CRYPTO TRADERS to abandon COINBASE etc and go to Gatehub or Kraken due to immediate transfer of funds that can only be converted into XRP.

After that, how or where they convert XRP into other cryptos is not relevant. XRP would become the first choice for entering the CRYPTO market due to ease of access.

If RIPPLE has this technological advantage over Bitcoin and Ethereum.......why wouldn't they use it and block providing this option to COINBASE and other crypto wallets and exchanges?

Why wouldn't they protect their asset?

Edited by TPM

50 minutes ago, TPM said:

Why wouldn't they protect their asset?

I think you are asking why doesn't ripple promote xrp, or make it easy for people to buy XRP? Basically because they don't want people like yourself buying and trading XRP. It is the ugly cousin they don't bring out at parties, which is why any mention of it is buried at the back of their website somewhere.

We literally begged them years ago to promote XRP to the masses and they responded by discontinuing ripple trade and ignoring its existence. Then they built a protocol that does not need XRP. This is after years of selling it to investors of course.

4 hours ago, TPM said:

What a complete joke.....and a horrible setup to try to attract the average person WHO READS ABOUT XRP......WANTS TO BUY XRP.....but has no clue what a MIND BOGGLING new experience they are about to experience just to get their order for XRP  placed.

Here's what someone said in 1994:

What a complete joke.....and a horrible setup to try to attract the average person WHO READS ABOUT THE WEB......WANTS TO GO ON THE WEB.....but has no clue what a MIND BOGGLING new experience they are about to experience just to get their content online.

A lot has changed since then, but the web protocol? Not much. Ripple is working on the protocol level.

Edited by lucky

@Robbieboy ....yes, that is what I was wishing for ......and yes, you have explained perfectly what LITTLE GUYS are up against if we support/invest in XRP. But I am not discouraged due to what I believe is an intended TACTIC by Ripple.

I know a lot more about the GOLD MARKET than I do about the CRYPTO MARKET.

GOLD MARKET - We know that Central Banks/Foreign Countries are buying up and hoarding GOLD while at the same time devaluing its market price.

Why would they do that?

So the CENTRAL BANKS and COUNTRIES like China, Russia etc can buy as much gold as they can at the lowest price available......and then reap the benefits when gold enters the next GREAT BULL MARKET.

CRYPTO MARKET - I believe they are doing the same thing with XRP. Keep it at a low rate in an attempt to keep it as unattractive as possible, just like Gold, so that it can be controlled and hoarded by a select group(THE BANKS).

Only time will tell if this hunch is correct...... but how much XRP did Ripple decide to hold onto?

Why would they KEEP/HOARD that much XRP and not try to take steps to increase its per unit value?

Why does it appear they are doing the exact same thing with XRP as others are doing with Gold?

I will be holding onto my XRP until I KNOW I AM WRONG.....

Edited by TPM

Everything about crypto is complicated to the general citizen. There are many new concepts and a new vocabulary to learn in addition to the Byzantine system one must navigate in order to actually purchase crypto. That said, it will take time to build simple paths for purchase of these assets. The complexity of purchasing the asset is what gives early adopters an advantage actually. That complexity will start melting away, and fast. The implementation of ILP will quickly grow the paths for getting fiat into cryptoland and converting it into your token of choice within seconds. 

It's already getting easier to purchase even without ILP. Because I don't want to wait 4 - 5 days to deposit I pay the 1.25% premium on Circle and buy BTC directly with my debit card which I then transfer to an exchange to purchase XRP. 

Rome wasn't built in a day, neither was the web, and neither will the IoV be. Ripple continues to make steady progress and there's no point in selling your asset as long as they continue to do so. Of the tokens out there, only a few have a promising chance of being integrated in mainstream usage. XRP is one of them. 

Patience is a virtue, and he who has patience reaps the benefits

Edited by cmbartley

@cmbartley....very well put. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it. However, now that we are all in the BOAT, we would like the BOAT to turn into a ROCKET SHIP.....lol

I, for one, am lacking the patience many of the LONG TERM XRP owners have shown. I am strapped in and ready to go......but I am here to stay. I am just going to bitch every once in awhile....lol I will apologize in advance for my future actions....

1 hour ago, Robbieboy said:

I think you are asking why doesn't ripple promote xrp, or make it easy for people to buy XRP? Basically because they don't want people like yourself buying and trading XRP. It is the ugly cousin they don't bring out at parties, which is why any mention of it is buried at the back of their website somewhere.

We literally begged them years ago to promote XRP to the masses and they responded by discontinuing ripple trade and ignoring its existence. Then they built a protocol that does not need XRP. This is after years of selling it to investors of course.

A lot has changed while you were gone. :D

I always thought Ripple (or I should say Larsen) used to avoid conversation about XRP due to all the bad publicity Bitcoin was receiving from the media. I would say Ripple was trying to get friendly with the financial industry and at that point in time it is understandable why Ripple avoided pushing XRP into their face. Ripple also began to learn that banks didn't want their transactions on a public ledger which I think caused a little pivot in how they set things up. Since what banks wanted was private ledgers with the ability to basically trade ious, Ripple had to set up XRP as a bridge from private to public.  Today XRP is very much promoted by Ripple and they have stated that the company's success is based on the success of XRP.

Much respect but I would read up a bit since so much has changed while you were away. I had the same feelings as you do in the past but in the over 3 years I have been around I have never felt as confident about XRP's future as I do today.