JNYC

Breaking News:Tencent Investing in XRP

Just now, Zedy44 said:

Need to see this news from a more reliable source, but yes if this were true it would be signaling checkmate to any competitor in the Asia markets.

Agree but the hits keep coming!

I know some members might be skeptical of Kin but I think their principles align with those of Ripple's in terms of trying to make the world a better and more open place. Tencent is actually a big investor in Kin/Kik and I would love to see Kin move away from Stellar and onto RippleNet.

I think there could be an argument made for synergies between the two networks/use cases. People earning Kin, which is meant to be value in the digital world and then when they want to leave the digital world and convert that digital value to something they can spend in the real world, they simply have their Kin settle into XRP, which is naturally linked to all the fiat's of the world. 

This is just my opinion though. Obviously, just because one company (Tencent) is invested in two different assets it doesn't mean that the two assets/companies that Tencent is invested in will or need to work together. More likely Tencent is diversifying their investments.