Linking dots: G20 × Bank of England × Ripple × SBI (OMG)

Tacubaz

1 hour ago, Mpolnet said:

Now imagine worst case scenario: Ripple loses the lawsuit to R3 and they have to make good on the 5B XRP promise

Great explanation in your whole post thanks,

But may I ask, If the above statement does happen and "Ripple have to make good on their promise" would R3 have to uphold their original side of the agreement and bring in more customers? To my knowledge they did not do this in the first place and thus the reason why Ripple have not held up their side of the agreement.

I may have missed something and be wrong if so please explain 

Thanks.

1 hour ago, brettmgs said:

Great explanation in your whole post thanks,

But may I ask, If the above statement does happen and "Ripple have to make good on their promise" would R3 have to uphold their original side of the agreement and bring in more customers? To my knowledge they did not do this in the first place and thus the reason why Ripple have not held up their side of the agreement.

I may have missed something and be wrong if so please explain 

Thanks.

I'm not 100% sure but I would think that if Ripple is forced by a judge to make good on their end of the agreement then this should hold true for R3. The initial agreement wasn't a one way street where Ripple just owed R3 5B XRP for no apparent reason so I think your point makes valid sense!

And if that's the case then bring on the synergies :dance4: and let's get XRP into the use case of being a settlement layer for securities settlement. 

Edit: Very observative point by you @brettmgs - this part honestly slipped my mind and it seems like it would be a net plus for Ripple.

Edited by Mpolnet

@Mpolnet Thanks for the reply,

My thinking was exactly the same, If they were to have stuck to their end of the deal in the first place this whole sh!t storm would not have happen'd in the first place, R3 would have done what they actually said they were going to do and Ripple would have had no problem in paying them their Bounty for doing so, BUT they (R3) did not, hence the whole debacle and refusal of payment, and quite rightfully so imo,

In my opinion R3 won't win the case unless there are things that have not been disclosed/mentioned and R3 have done what they said they were going to do, but surely no judge in any land is going to award in R3's favour if they have not done what originally contracted to do, and as you say if they do for some amazing reason get awarded their xrp then they will have a contractual right to complete there fore mentioned requirements, and thus bring in new customers,

Win win if you ask me.

18 minutes ago, brettmgs said:

@Mpolnet Thanks for the reply,

My thinking was exactly the same, If they were to have stuck to their end of the deal in the first place this whole sh!t storm would not have happen'd in the first place, R3 would have done what they actually said they were going to do and Ripple would have had no problem in paying them their Bounty for doing so, BUT they (R3) did not, hence the whole debacle and refusal of payment, and quite rightfully so imo,

In my opinion R3 won't win the case unless there are things that have not been disclosed/mentioned and R3 have done what they said they were going to do, but surely no judge in any land is going to award in R3's favour if they have not done what originally contracted to do, and as you say if they do for some amazing reason get awarded their xrp then they will have a contractual right to complete there fore mentioned requirements, and thus bring in new customers,

Win win if you ask me.

I think Ripple is in a good position regardless. I really have no clue what will happen in court but to your earlier point, if Ripple is forced to pay R3, then I think it's reasonable to assume that R3 would have to deliver on the clientele to Ripple. Plus, as Ripple grows its customer base, which it has been doing (getting Central Banks onboard) that's a huge piece that they can leverage. Those businesses may even impose some pressure on their partners to begin switching over to the RippleNet. The network effects will be huge and I think if they get access to the R3's clients (who may even have overlap with Ripple's clients) then the effects will be greater than we may be assuming. 

All in all it's a good time to be an investor in Ripple and their team is beyond prepared to handle any outcome, in my personal opinion. 

1 minute ago, vsyc said:

Why are you bother to explain something to fudster clone that fails copy fudster account so badly? Please, respect yourself

I'm not explaing to the fudster, but to his audience.

@Mpolnet Hi...

Sorry, I scanned your text quickly... I believe you have based your comment on 'presumptions' about the type of contract Ripple should have signed. I am not so interested in content that i can not vet.

My point is, that AMATEURS get themselves into this situation. The amateurs are alive and well at both Ripple and R3. Clearly, Ripple had no idea that the value of XRP would increase. They were still in the utility token and pre-ICO daze. This is characterized by David Schwartz's statement here on XRPchat, that a futureeee value of XRP could be a maximum of $2.00.

Clearly, any R3 CEO that can not manage his time well enough or that of assigned personel to 'manage/move forward' a 5 BILLION XRP programme, should not be signing contracts. It was illuminating to read Garlinghouse's email response and see R3 was toooo busy raising a few million dollars from banks and did not have time to take on the Ripple agreement.

Further, Ripple had not the ability it appears to exit the agreement based on inactivity by R3.

Go figure... what are these guys doing???

--

So... I would guess that any court/arbitration process is going to be saying privately to both Ripple and R3... what are you guys doing?? At which point the agreement could be terminated due to lack of R3 performance. This would make sense. However, this is further complicated by public knowledge (now) that R3 was prepared to trot its customer base over to Ripple demos for show and tell... hoping to benefit financially. This is going mildly upset the bank's technical analyses teams.

--

I see no win in any of this. Worse, because there will be 5 Billion XRP not locked up, then Ripple investment and the pursuit of liquidity will be delayed... yet again. Well, Bitcoin may have time to disadvantage the banks and Ripple in this timeframe. With Japan and now Germany offering no tax... this is a powerful incentive to build out the Bitcoin business base... at the expense of Ripple/Bank merchants.

Dumb.

This is Max Entropy speaking, someone who has dedicated a large portion of his time explaining why everything Ripple does is a total failure. He explained it to us when XRP was half a cent, when in was a cent, when it was 10 cents, when it was 25 cents, and his tone has not changed now it has reached 70 cents. He said multiple times he's leaving, sold all. Yet here he is, trying to scare you, and spread Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt. Take the words of this anonymous man (Jed?) with an accordingly large grain of salt. Historically when Max cranks up his FUD volume and screams doom, it's time to buy.

23 minutes ago, lucky said:

This is Max Entropy speaking, someone who has dedicated a large portion of his time explaining why everything Ripple does is a total failure. He explained it to us when XRP was half a cent, when in was a cent, when it was 10 cents, when it was 25 cents, and his tone has not changed now it has reached 70 cents. He said multiple times he's leaving, sold all. Yet here he is, trying to scare you, and spread Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt. Take the words of this anonymous man (Jed?) with an accordingly large grain of salt. Historically when Max cranks up his FUD volume and screams doom, it's time to buy.

Good job lucky!!! Dont stop fighting this idiot! What do you think about creating bot that automatically responds to every Max Entropy post like the post you made!

The automatic counter post will be summarized in explaining that this idiot is just a troll that spreads FUD and nobody should trust him!!!

Question: How do you call someone/thing that from his/her mouth comes only big stinky garbage........................garbage can (Max Entropy)!!! I am ready to throw this garbage can away!!!

17 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

@Mpolnet Hi...

Sorry, I scanned your text quickly... I believe you have based your comment on 'presumptions' about the type of contract Ripple should have signed. I am not so interested in content that i can not vet.

My point is, that AMATEURS get themselves into this situation. The amateurs are alive and well at both Ripple and R3. Clearly, Ripple had no idea that the value of XRP would increase. They were still in the utility token and pre-ICO daze. This is characterized by David Schwartz's statement here on XRPchat, that a futureeee value of XRP could be a maximum of $2.00.

Clearly, any R3 CEO that can not manage his time well enough or that of assigned personel to 'manage/move forward' a 5 BILLION XRP programme, should not be signing contracts. It was illuminating to read Garlinghouse's email response and see R3 was toooo busy raising a few million dollars from banks and did not have time to take on the Ripple agreement.

Further, Ripple had not the ability it appears to exit the agreement based on inactivity by R3.

Go figure... what are these guys doing???

--

So... I would guess that any court/arbitration process is going to be saying privately to both Ripple and R3... what are you guys doing?? At which point the agreement could be terminated due to lack of R3 performance. This would make sense. However, this is further complicated by public knowledge (now) that R3 was prepared to trot its customer base over to Ripple demos for show and tell... hoping to benefit financially. This is going mildly upset the bank's technical analyses teams.

--

I see no win in any of this. Worse, because there will be 5 Billion XRP not locked up, then Ripple investment and the pursuit of liquidity will be delayed... yet again. Well, Bitcoin may have time to disadvantage the banks and Ripple in this timeframe. With Japan and now Germany offering no tax... this is a powerful incentive to build out the Bitcoin business base... at the expense of Ripple/Bank merchants.

Dumb.

Okay - everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no one can take that away from you. BUT

1) You speak about the Ripple team as "AMATEURS" but what background/experience do you have to claim to not be an amateur yourself? Pretty much all of us are amateurs compared to the Ripple team

2) When quoting price predictions please provide a source of reference - I have never heard David Schwartz say the limit of the price of XRP would be $2. In addition to this, you are basically taking the approach that Ripple never wanted to continue to grow the XRP ecosystem. That would be comparable to saying that Amazon never wanted to do anything but sell books, obviously the approach and thesis of a company can change as they grow and obtain more resources.

3) If you don't own Ripple or have no interest in it's future growth then this may be the wrong forum. If you're a Bitcoin maximalist then I believe the Bitcoin forums might be more suitable - but that's just my opinion.

4) If you are trying to convince ALL of us on here that XRP will die then I wish you luck my friend. We have too many people who have dedicated too much of their own precious time towards educating the people in this forum, with extreme due diligence (providing endless sources) and helping us to form our own opinions - we are the many you are the few. 

5) We will be smiling to the bank in the medium to long term when Ripple's plans for XRP come to fruition. As I've stated before, there's a reason Ripple executives are part of U.S. government regulatory bodies - these guys are not "AMATEURS", personally that's a team that I want championing my investment (but as I've said before, everyone is entitled to their own opinion)

6) If you're not an investor in Ripple that's fine, it's your money and you can do what you want. But if you are an investor in Ripple then I don't see the point of your comments. I would never wish upon anyone to loss all of their money so good luck and god speed with your investment decisions, I know where I stand with mine and it's been working out just fine :beach:

Edited by Mpolnet

16 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

They were still in the utility token and pre-ICO daze. This is characterized by David Schwartz's statement here on XRPchat, that a futureeee value of XRP could be a maximum of $2.00.

Citation required. 

I can't help hearing that boy from Miguel's college interview, when I read your post. Please, provide some proof you are original Max. 

@Mpolnet

Yes, Amateurs by definition... nobody should be messing up a project worth 5 Billion XRP. Especially, after the 18 (9 + 9) fiasco.

:-)

--

Price/Schwartz at $ 2.00

• I dont have a URL, but I have an excellent memory
  • got lots of XRP
  • and the CryptoNauts have lots... not to worry we are well represented

Never said Ripple will die...

• I expect Ripple to be the principle challenger to Bitcoin, but from the DARK side.
  • Please recall that Gates has recently said "Banking is a requirement, Banks are not"
  • I would say this, the Gates mindset is a bit a odds with Ripple being best pals with banks that are insolvent.
  • You should address this issue... it is big one.
  • Banks are not going to make it. Period. 

Silly guy...

• any early investor in Ripple will have XRP... 
  • the question is how many years do we want to sit on the XRP while Ripple screws up the business model
  • recall... Ripple wanted to sell XRP at .0085 to R3
  • is this the price you want... or did Ripple NOT UNDERSTAND what it was doing.

I am bored.

Edited by MaxEntropy

5 minutes ago, xrp-pat said:

You're full of ****. David Schwartz has said that xrp needs to be $10 to $20 minimum to function properly, he said it either earlier this year or late last year, it's either on a tweet or a reddit post. Go search it up if you want. 

didn't he say something like $20 if it catches 0,1 % of swift daily volume.
$200 if it's 1% and $1680 if it's 10% of swift's daily volume?

Edited by Sirthinkalot