Tacubaz

Linking dots: G20 × Bank of England × Ripple × SBI (OMG)

5 hours ago, Tacubaz said:

It is just me? or do you link the dots and also will think G20 can be AWESOME for Ripple?

No it's not just you, Me Too!

LVE (Lunar Velocity Event) if the G20 so much as utter Ripple's name...
G20 meets run year long, multiple LVE's possible...

19 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

@lucky

Wait until Ripple has to cough up 2-5 BILLION XRP at a price of .0085

-

Clearly, you have no sense what this will do to the price. It could very well mean another Ripple Ice Age with the XRP price at .25 cents.

Wrong thread again Max, you're making a habit of this, have you taken your meds today?

2 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

@lucky

-

Clearly, you have no sense what this will do to the price. It could very well mean another Ripple Ice Age with the XRP price at .25 cents.

:bomb:

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

@lucky

-

"the breach looks material to me,” said Stephen Smith, a law professor at McGill University, concerning R3.

If the court agrees with this Professors view that it was a significant breach by R3 then ripple was entitled to walk away without performance, and is entitled to seek damages. This could easily turn out to be a good thing for ripple.

Edited by battered_lifer

25 minutes ago, Ripplify said:

im very pleased to see @MaxEntropy here on this forum again , cuz whenever he starts Fudding we have a huge bull run right after .

welcome max ! and be prepared to say goodbye AGAIN soon!

You beat me too It!

Max FUD brightens up my day. I don't believe it's the original Max, but still, I look forward to the continual improvement in XRP and Max being invited when the hodlers move to the moon.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

@lucky

-

So what?  There will then be two suppliers of XRP to institutions. One that holds 55bn, which has been given to them for free by the founders, and one that has 5bn that has basically been given away for free by Ripple.

Both suppliers have a strong incentive to make the value of XRP go up. Do you really think the shareholders of R3 (among which SBI) will p*ss their new value, that the fought so hard for, away? Go back from being a multi billion dollar company to just a million dollar company again? When they hold the tickets to become a 500 billion dollar company, just by doing nothing?

Ripple is limited by escrow, R3 is limited by contract, so the market is even protected from sheer stupidity by either one of the holders.

I understand you will use any angle to spread FUD, as you have been doing for over a year since price was half a cent, and try to spin this in a negative way.

But I view eventual distribution of XRP to R3, who has the capacity to bring value to the XRP ecosystem with their (tokenless!!) Corda, as a positive thing for XRP at least in the long term. The sooner XRP is being distributed across the banking sector, the better.

I even hope for more "airdrops" to the banking sector. All central banks should be given a slice of the big pie.

Edited by lucky

10 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

@lucky

-

:dash1:

Jeez let's take a more extreme perspective here. To the point of @lucky there are contractual obligations in place that would restrict a mass one time sale (or even a mass couple of sales) of the allotted 5 billion XRP by R3. The sheer professionalism and forward thinking approach by the Ripple team is unmatched not only by other cyrpto teams but also by publicly traded corporations that have been around for decades. There's a reason that Ripple executives are on the Fed's faster payment initiative and the newly created U.S. crypto task force - these guys think of worst case scenarios but strive to achieve the best case outcomes. 

As history has shown with Jed's contract and (I'm pretty positive with statements made in the past in reference to the escrow agreement sales) there will be selling restrictions to prevent market manipulation. I mean jeez, if Ripple wanted to tank the price of XRP they would've just sold their entire holding of XRP themselves - they don't need R3 or Jed to do that lol. This team has proven itself time and time again. Furthermore to the point of escrow and R3 - they foresaw the probability of having to make promise on their prior agreement with R3, which is why they only locked away 55B XRP rather than the 60B that they hold. 60B - 5B = 55B, hmmm talk about being forward thinking.

Additionally, from my understating, R3 and Corda require the network participants to be on one ledger whereas ILP allows interoperability between different ledgers. Thus, Corda is more of a walled garden type of network (i.e. private blockchain) but can be connected to other ledgers through ILP. Supposedly, they have successfully allowed for securities to be settled between different banking participants on the Corda network, which doesn't use a native digital asset. Now imagine worst case scenario: Ripple loses the lawsuit to R3 and they have to make good on the 5B XRP promise. Now R3 has the ability to offer real time settlement, without the need of Nostro/Vostro accounts, for securities settlement between their banking participants. Something they couldn't do prior to receiving the XRP because they don't have their own native asset. Talk about some synergies SYNERGIES coming out of that settlement and rise in the price of XRP (which makes R3's balance sheet rise in value :shock:). I wouldn't be surprised if Ripple was always planning on settling but just wanted more favorable terms, I mean after all, just because this is a new asset class doesn't mean this isn't business.