Chewiecoin

My analysis of Brad Garlinghouse at the Faster Future Forum in Bangkok

2 hours ago, Chewiecoin said:

Here is the link if you haven’t watched the interview, it starts at 1hr 20.

https://web.facebook.com/DigitalVenturesTH/videos/1642611169159661/?hc_ref=ARRHIxAMx_bNL6gwkOkLygotlDq6y8AbAjeAxTe0KBRwi9JZ6iMf34tmySuxm4QzMmQ&hc_location=group

I thought this was an excellent interview. One of the best, I have seen with Brad. Very intelligent questions and they gave Brad plenty of time to answer.

Here is my take away from the interview:

1) Ripple is a payments company not a blockchain company or a crypto company. “We are solving a payments problem. We happen to use a blockchain technology and a digital asset to solve that payment problems”. A very interesting pivot from Brad and Ripple. It has been very noticeable recently that Ripple has deliberately changed its communication strategy and is not trying to be a blockchain or crypto company. They are a payment company and focused on solving a payments problem. They are differentiating themselves from other coins. Very smart move.

2) Brad was an Uber driver. What!!  How many CEO’s of major companies were driving Uber when they got the call?

3) “ICO’s have reduced the friction to raise capital and has exposed this to unqualified participants. People say they are buying a token but it doesn’t do anything”. Brad is very pro regulation trying to protect everyday investors in the dangers of ICO’s.

4) Brad is sending $10,000 by plane again. Gees he has sent a lot of money around the world on planes to avoid SWIFT. He is very much staying on message. 

5) “Swift has a 6% error rate in global transactions. In the tech world we aspire to 3 , 4 or 5 x 9’s of reliability. Our current global payments system has only 1 x 9 of reliability. That’s pretty embarrassing”. Brad is on the front foot attacking SWIFT. Again part of the pivot in Ripple’s communication strategy. 

6) “We have 6 customers that we have announced using XRP. If you offer a better product at a cheaper price you will get a lot of people adopting that solution” - Absolutely, love it. How many other coins have real world adoption!!

7) “If we can enable a real time payment instead of a prefunded payment we can acceralate the global engine of commerce. That’s good for banks and banks customers” - Love this quote. This quote is in relation to xRapid eradicating Nostro and Vostro accounts therefore eradicating the $27 Trillion in parked dormant capital sitting around the world. Can you imagine the global liquidity benefit if $27 Trillion in capital can be released. Oh the amazing potential. 

8) “SWIFT is 70’s tech that needs a full upgrade to the age of the Internet”. - Look out SWIFT Ripple is coming after you.

9) “We are signing up a new customer every week now” - This message has come out several times in the last week or so. It’s amazing news. One new customer a week. I am guessing most of these will be eased into Ripple through xCurrent first and then will be introduced (quite easily David Schwartz says) to xRapid. This is incredible news. Let me say this again. RIPPLE IS SIGNING UP A NEW CUSTOMER EVERY WEEK. Just let that sink in.

10) Brad talks about the two biggest FUD arguments that XRP faces:

1. XRP is not a centralised technology. Anyone in this audience can download the open source technology to run a validator. If Ripple the company went away the XRP ledger would continue to exist”; and
  2. Ripple the company could succeed but XRP will not be successful. “Our goal is to develop an incredibly healthy XRP ecosystem. We own 60% of XRP. I am the most interested person, as CEO of Ripple, in making sure the XRP ecosystem is successful”. Yes, Yes. Love these anti-FUD quotes. 

11) “I don’t check the price of XRP everyday . . . This is a 3 plus year journey. What I know for certain is that if we can continue to build the momentum of customer usage that continues to drive the velocity and demand for XRP, over a 3 plus year timeframe, I feel very comfortable about the opportunity to  continue to grow the value of the XRP ecosystem which is great for all participants” - Another great quote. Stop looking at the short term price. Look at the price in the next 3 years. This is such a valuable lesson for all of us. 

12) “Ripple is not trying to solve a speculators problem. Ripple is trying to solve an institutional problem . . . that is measured in the Trillions of dollars that is focused on payment providers and banks.” Another good response to the impatient XRP investor who keeps asking “When Moon?”.

13) “We see the ILP as the open source technology that underpins the internet of value.”  - I think we fail to realise the infinite use cases of Ripple and here is another one around the ILP which allows any ledger to connect with each other at virtually zero cost.  Brad talks about a possible future where the Bitcoin ledger and Ethereum ledger connecting with each other and to the Bank of America through the ILP. Can you imagine?

14) “Our first vertical is payments. If we want permission to work on another vertical we have to nail it for our customers in payments and solve a really big problem. If we do that well, we are got to be in a great spot”. - Codius pre dated Ethereum. Brad says that he shelved Codius to concentrate on payments. I didn’t know that? Amazing. I learnt something new from this interview. A bold gamble but one that could definitely pay off. 

A very educational and enjoyable interview. Brad is an amazing orator and an incredible ambassador for our investment. We are very fortunate to have him as Ripple’s CEO.

I note some people complaining that he doesn’t say anything new. He doesn’t have to. He is spreading the XRP message to the masses. Remember, 99% of people haven’t heard about Ripple, XRP and/or blockchain. He explains the key concepts and advantages of Ripple and XRP very well, in a way that the every day person can understand. This is what we want. We want more investment from everyday people and institutional investors. Interviews like this enable that. 

Brad also said that if you are a XRP investor and are prepared to go on the journey with him over the long term he wants to give you a hug and take a selfie with you

Brad, come here and give me a hug big fella because I am a HODLer, thank you. 

Nice summary Chewie. Brad comes across like a regular Joe. Not an ounce of pretentiousness or cockiness,  but yet very confident and right to the point without being overbearing.  The fact that he drove an Uber speaks volumes about the guy. If you ran into him at a ballgame or something, he'd probably shoot the **** with you while chugging down a beer. I never once second guessed my investment in XRP with the "Dream Team"  that Ripple has assembled. 

5 hours ago, Chewiecoin said:

11) “I don’t check the price of XRP everyday . . . This is a 3 plus year journey. What I know for certain is that if we can continue to build the momentum of customer usage that continues to drive the velocity and demand for XRP, over a 3 plus year timeframe, I feel very comfortable about the opportunity to  continue to grow the value of the XRP ecosystem which is great for all participants” - Another great quote. Stop looking at the short term price. Look at the price in the next 3 years. This is such a valuable lesson for all of us. 

"XRP in 3...XRP in 3...XRP in 3..."

5 hours ago, Kalarie said:

@Chewiecoin this is a summary of the high point in Singapore.  Ripple is making investments into companies that agree to use XRP.  Only takes a couple of those to be successful to snowball an ecosystem.  Smart Move.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ripple-wants-invest-startups-put-103944706.html

Payments company Ripple says it plans to invest in startups and technology companies to develop more uses for XRP, its cryptocurrency that is currently the third largest digital token behind bitcoin and Ethereum based on total market cap.

Looks like Ripple rebranding itself as an payments company is starting to take hold in the media.

@Chewiecoin
I like this around 8 mins in the video talking about buzzwords and wow, blockchain thats cool.... and sometimes a database would solve that better.
Then the moderator asks Brad along these lines:
 - Do you think people are seduced by that buzz and those words?

Brads answer:
- I think People are seduced by Fast Money

Now that is something to keep in mind.

Edited by zenkert

6 hours ago, zenkert said:

@Chewiecoin
I like this around 8 mins in the video talking about buzzwords and wow, blockchain thats cool.... and sometimes a database would solve that better.
Then the moderator asks Brad along these lines:
 - Do you think people are seduced by that buzz and those words?

Brads answer:
- I think People are seduced by Fast Money

Now that is something to keep in mind.

Brad made a lot of great points didn’t he. I did like the database reference!!!

Edited by Chewiecoin

Thanks for share and comment @Chewiecoin

Great interview, with a lot of time to explain different points, very important points, I am very happy, have a guy like Brad in the front line.

If you think a little with cold mind, time... only need time, too many things in different ways are in motion in the same time in the same direction, the change direction of the old payment system by a company like Ripple, and as he said, they are the first interested in have a Ripple ecosystem working, and that's wanna say good, very good position for XRP.

Fast money is for hard traders, we are holders, and we have the best company with the best team... a this great chat too ;)

9 hours ago, AB196 said:

Here is Brad on Youtube 

Wow a striking resemblence to George 'freedom' Bush...

OT, Brad is brilliant at what he does...3 years from now cannot come soon enough

Edited by kev4022

3 hours ago, Dimension said:

Thanks for share and comment @Chewiecoin

Great interview, with a lot of time to explain different points, very important points, I am very happy, have a guy like Brad in the front line.

If you think a little with cold mind, time... only need time, too many things in different ways are in motion in the same time in the same direction, the change direction of the old payment system by a company like Ripple, and as he said, they are the first interested in have a Ripple ecosystem working, and that's wanna say good, very good position for XRP.

Fast money is for hard traders, we are holders, and we have the best company with the best team... a this great chat too ;)

Yes absolutely agree. The HODLers will prevail.