breakout imminent

Guest Ripplista79

52 minutes ago, djdhrubs said:

However I can’t wrap my head around what state of mind I’d need to be in to come here to ridicule it, take offence from it, or even to be angry it about it or consider putting someone on ignore because of it. That seems even weirder to me than an algorithm I don’t understand.

People enjoy seeing others fail. It makes them feel better about themselves, and of course they haven't themselves failed because they haven't tried. 

On the off chance that OP was exactly right, they would just call it luck and move on. 

It's the perfect setup: the satisfaction of feeling smarter than someone else, with none of the risk.  

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She’s member since january 26. .......long period of time? As much as I respect her ( black box) algorithm, can you show me a prediction coming true or the details of the algo? Unless a algo is backte

This is just hilarious to watch.  This gal posts a cutesy photo, uses all sorts of faux techno-jargon, writes in that annoying 'style' of never fully using an entire word if it has more than 2 sy

This obsession with spot price is bemusing in light of all the fundaments that Ripple is building daily for the future economic power of XRP.

Posted Images

Guest Ripplista79

My algo, for what it is worth, is still showing very strong signals for an upward trend in the xrp/btc pair.

I have a feeling this is being driven by the news and hype coming out around Money 20/20.  This news feeds into my algorithm and I believe is creating very high sentiment factor that is driving the current directional call on the pair.  That is the best explanation I have for what my algorithm is doing and why.  No, I did not get my prediction from some telegram pump group.  I don't even use telegram.  

17 minutes ago, Ripplista79 said:

Qasim - I never asked you or anyone else for money.  I have asked you for nothing.  I have previously stated that people should not trade based on my posts. 

I trade XRP based on an algo I am developing and I find it fun to post my trades in a transparent manner win or lose.  If anyone actually had traded along with me they would currently be down about 14% overall.  Thus, I am no one to follow.  My posts should be for speculation entertainment only.  

I'm not here to hoodwink anyone.

It has been stated over and over by others the best way to invest in XRP is to just HODL.  If you want investment advice there you go, just HODL. 

Don't stop your speculation, I quite enjoy them. There are a lot of posters offering speculation and your one of 4 that I like to see posts from. So don't worry what a few people say, you do what you want to do.

Guest Ripplista79

You want a personal speculation from me and not my algo, here goes....

Ever since futures came online for BTC the price has been driven down.  Now it is getting to a point that people expect futures to pin BTC down.  The trade is becoming overcrowded.  I think this reverses sharply and you see a nice run up on the price of BTC.

Goldman Sachs just came out saying BTC could fall much further.  For me, this is the tell.  Whatever GS says publicly they tend to bet the other way.  So, if futures keep supressing BTC and now GS is stating it could go further then my personal opinion is that BTC is about to head North.  This is my opinon, not based on any algo.  Don't trade it.  I have no edge here other than a hunch.

Think that @Ripplista79 is injecting some fun and imagination into this space.  Wish I am able to build a bot or model with countless variables.  Then again, crypto prices trend more on sentiment so perfecting this algo would be tough to perfect as a useful indicator.

More useful is to get sentiment correct ... unfortunately, both crypto market and XRP sentiment are not what it use to be.  Of course, this may change with more google searches and interest from institutional investors once regulations are better understood and in place.  

I tend to believe that the herd will come once some famous titan like Jeff Bezos, Jack Ma, Jamie Dimon or even Berkshire Hathaway decides to put their handsome equity into cryptos.  This will trigger an avalanche of new followers and money that will propel cryptos to a $trillion dollar market.

Unfortunately, we may need some patience as negative sentiment continue to inflict selling pressures on all tokens.

2 minutes ago, Ripplista79 said:

You want a personal speculation from me and not my algo, here goes....

Ever since futures came online for BTC the price has been driven down.  Now it is getting to a point that people expect futures to pin BTC down.  The trade is becoming overcrowded.  I think this reverses sharply and you see a nice run up on the price of BTC.

Goldman Sachs just came out saying BTC could fall much further.  For me, this is the tell.  Whatever GS says publicly they tend to bet the other way.  So, if futures keep supressing BTC and now GS is stating it could go further then my personal opinion is that BTC is about to head North.  This is my opinon, not based on any algo.  Don't trade it.  I have no edge here other than a hunch.

I should clarify my earlier post - not only your speculation, but also your algo. Please don't stop.

But with regards to GS, I fully agree with you.

1 minute ago, Ripplista79 said:

You want a personal speculation from me and not my algo, here goes....Ever since futures came online for BTC the price has been driven down.  Now it is getting to a point that people expect futures to pin BTC down.  

Exactly.  All you have to do is look at the BTC daily chart on Dec 15th.  The same day CME began trading Bitcoin.  It's never come back.

55 minutes ago, djdhrubs said:

I don’t like the hostility on this forum towards something people don’t understand. Whether or not you believe in the algorithm, it seems to me incredibly stupid to be hostile to something you don’t understand. How about an attempt at understanding something rather than immediate ridicule and hostility? I see this not just in this thread but on numerous TA threads. I don’t understand what harm some people think these threads do to you by reading them!

I actually find these threads very interesting. On one recent occasion the algorithm came extremely close to being correct. Most of the times it’s failed. On that basis I reckon it needs a lot of work. That’s pretty much the only info I have to go on. I don’t know what non crypto related trades it has or hasn’t worked for. My mind is open to the possibility that there might be something to it eventually. It’s also open to the possibility that it’s a load of rubbish. 

However I can’t wrap my head around what state of mind I’d need to be in to come here to ridicule it, take offence from it, or even to be angry it about it or consider putting someone on ignore because of it. That seems even weirder to me than an algorithm I don’t understand.

It's not about hostility towards TA or TA based predictions. Why is it necessary for this person to open a new topic every 3 days with a prediction (which all failed so far). There's hardly a clarification for his assumptions. Look at the first post in this topic, do you really believe this was worth opening a new topic?

Why not just create one single topic called "Ripplista79's TA Algorithm Predictions" and post updates from now on in this one? Or just use the Zerpening topic...

4 minutes ago, Ripplista79 said:

I think this reverses sharply and you see a nice run up on the price of BTC.

For the record I am also expecting a BTC run up. I was in buys until today, exited, now expecting a new low with buy orders in the 7000s and early 8000s. Hoping for a lovely spike after that. 

With XRP/BTC, as I posted a week or two ago, I'm worried that we are going to see a similar correction to last year, which means a slow bleed downwards without any attending spikes until the massive one comes again. I hope I'm wrong, but it's starting to look double ungood. 

33 minutes ago, Ripplista79 said:

I'm not a part of any pump group.  I'm a nerdy XRP fanatic.  Good golly.  My algorithm is not accurate but the goal over time is to train it to be more and more accurate.  

That's not why I am implying. I just found it interesting that they made the same call, independently from your algo. 

Guest Ripplista79
1 minute ago, heimdall said:

It's not about hostility towards TA or TA based predictions. Why is it necessary for this person to open a new topic every 3 days with a prediction (which all failed so far). There's hardly a clarification for his assumptions. Look at the first post in this topic, do you really believe this was worth opening a new topic?

Why not just create one single topic called "Ripplista79's TA Algorithm Predictions" and post updates from now on in this one? Or just use the Zerpening topic...

I WILL DO THAT.  Appreciate the advice.  I will just start one thread and post to that.

By the way, my algo did call the breakout just before the Cambridge announcement.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.