Hi @Pablo I just want to say thank you for getting this sub forum set up.  I don't think it's getting a massive amount of love or volume because it's quite difficult for a laymen to understand what the new tech is right now.  I have a reasonable level of intelligence and yet I'm struggling to get my head around everything but the links you're providing are really helping me understand it more.  Thank you!

Posted (edited)

Thanks @CaligulazBaby - this is just a small, practical step in a larger project I have in mind. It would be nice to see some more activity but it's early days and it's not the most glamorous subject.

However every time I roam deep into the heart of what makes a smart contract tick and the philosophical, economic and practical issues involved, I find myself alone, like a solo explorer confronted by whole new vistas before him...

Edited by Pablo

5 hours ago, Pablo said:

Thanks @CaligulazBaby - this is just a small, practical step in a larger project I have in mind. It would be nice to see some more activity but it's early days and it's not the most glamorous subject.

However every time I roam deep into the heart of what makes a smart contract tick and the philosophical, economic and practical issues involved, I find myself alone, like a solo explorer confronted by whole new vistas before him...

I guess this is what happens when you are so far ahead of the pack. I too strongly believe that after ILP, Codius will be a huge addition to the Ripple product suite. As Ripplenet takes hold, Codius will help to take it to another level, but it isn't going to happen for quite a while I guess, and hopefully it shouldn't be too far behind other movers - knowing Ripple it will be very close to the finished product and almost enterprise ready when they launch.

I think this is one of the most important and positive tweets regarding the Ripple products that I seen in a long time

A quick copy and paste 10.57 on 1st May

David Schwartz‏ @JoelKatz

FollowingFollowing @JoelKatz

More

Replying to @rbrtbrgnjn @AlexCobb_

Another biggest difference, perhaps one of the most important, is that Codius can keep secrets while Ethereum can't. That means Codius can, for example, control a bitcoin wallet while an Ethereum smart contract can't.

Yes! Was very happy to be a part of this conversation.

I too think this is a massive change to the web we know today and the web of tomorrow ... IoV is here.

The mind boggles at what will be built, connected and created from this financial web of trust.

On 3/12/2018 at 7:07 PM, Pablo said:

I thought it might be helpful for users to start collecting some important documents and resources for Codius. If you have any suggestions, please post and I will update the FAQ. I have also reserved some spots to keep the first page clean.

I've created a tool that uploads a contract to a persons host for them, from a web page.

It should help a lot ensuring a host works properly (just coz it shows up in the peer list doesn't mean it can run a contract successfully)