CB again (Sorry) I know why they aren't listing XRP

15 hours ago, ResidentNerd said:

I rewatched the video and I am not sure "Market cap weighted" means what you think it means. I think what Coinbase meant was that for the coins currently listed (i.e., Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, and Litecoin), the performance of the index fund would be weighted by the market cap of each coin. So, for example, because Bitcoin has the largest market cap, it would be weighted the most within the index fund. Ethereum would be weighted the second most. Thus, the performance of the fund would be largely determined by Bitcoin, because it has the largest market cap. Litecoin would have the smallest impact on the index fund because it has the smallest market cap. 

I agree, but in my opinion, I don't think he was referring to the order each will be listed on the index when he said "IT WILL BE MARKET MARKET CAP WEIGHTED! THAT IS WHAT IS GOING TO DRIVE WHAT SHOWS UP ON THE EXCHANGE..." I think "Show up" is the key phrase. Why use "Show up" if we already know the four coins listed? Its not like they have a long list of cryptos or they are going to "exclude" any cryptos based on low cap. Maybe he mis-worded what he meant, but I am just reading into the semantics of the actual statement. 

On 10.3.2018 at 8:38 PM, CaligulazBaby said:

Let's say without Coinbase XRP = $10 at the peak of the next spike.  That's $550 Billion

Let's say with Coinbase XRP = $30 at the peak of the next spike.  That's ONE POINT SIX FIVE TRILLION DOLLARS.

In this scenario Coinbase has over ONE TRILLION DOLLARS worth of leverage and you can't bet your bawllocks to a barn dance they are aggressively negotiating with Ripple at this very second.

If you did not exagerate those numbers to make everything more clear, IMO you are really overestimating the potential influence of Coinbase and the potential of XRP "at the next spike".

First, Coinbase would provide liquidity which is important to XRP. I do not believe however, that they will have such a large impact on the price (one trillion dollars).  We would certainly see an increase in XRP price, also some pumping and dumping, but that's it.

Second, $10 at the next spike is also a litte too optimistic IMO. In order to see the $10, we would need XRP to be used in large scale xRapid production at several large customers, which is probably not going to happen this year. I guess Coinbase will have listed XRP long before we see the $10.

So although your point of view is interesting and negotiations between Coinbase and Ripple could be part of the reason why Coinbase is still not listing XRP, your numbers are a little too high if you ask me.

... and that's the last thing I am going to say about Coinbase!

35 minutes ago, mrenne_17 said:

If you did not exagerate those numbers to make everything more clear, IMO you are really overestimating the potential influence of Coinbase and the potential of XRP "at the next spike".

First, Coinbase would provide liquidity which is important to XRP. I do not believe however, that they will have such a large impact on the price (one trillion dollars).  We would certainly see an increase in XRP price, also some pumping and dumping, but that's it.

Second, $10 at the next spike is also a litte too optimistic IMO. In order to see the $10, we would need XRP to be used in large scale xRapid production at several large customers, which is probably not going to happen this year. I guess Coinbase will have listed XRP long before we see the $10.

So although your point of view is interesting and negotiations between Coinbase and Ripple could be part of the reason why Coinbase is still not listing XRP, your numbers are a little too high if you ask me.

... and that's the last thing I am going to say about Coinbase!

Let's say without Coinbase XRP = 1 Booby, at the peak of the next spike.  That's 55 Billion Boobies

Let's say with Coinbase XRP = 3 Boobies (Total Recall) at the peak of the next spike.  That's ONE HUNDRED AND SIX FIVE BILLION BOOBIES.

In this scenario Coinbase has over ONE HUNDRED BILLION BOOBIES worth of leverage and you can bet your bawllocks to a barn dance they are aggressively negotiating with Nipple at this very second.

Fixed it!

Edited by CaligulazBaby