CB again (Sorry) I know why they aren't listing XRP

Sorry guys, I know you must be fed up of these CB threads but I'm pretty sure I know why they won't list XRP.

Ripple would like to be on Coinbase, in the interests of liquidity being listed on a popular exchange is a no-brainer.  In my opinion the most plausible explanation is that Coinbase are holding Ripple to ransom for some completely ridiculous amount of money/XRP. 

Coinbase know Ripple own ~55 Billion XRP

Coinbase also knows the value of those XRP are going to be worth considerably more with a Coinbase listing.

Let's say without Coinbase XRP = $10 at the peak of the next spike.  That's $550 Billion

Let's say with Coinbase XRP = $30 at the peak of the next spike.  That's ONE POINT SIX FIVE TRILLION DOLLARS.

In this scenario Coinbase has over ONE TRILLION DOLLARS worth of leverage and you can't bet your bawllocks to a barn dance they are aggressively negotiating with Ripple at this very second.

Seriously put yourself in the shoes of the Coinbase CEO.  You own this insanely popular exchange boasting over 13 million users.  Ripple with their currently paltry sub-1-million wallet holders want you to list them and you KNOW FOR A FACT that listing them is going to make trillions of dollars worth of difference.

You want a cut of that.

This has nothing to do with, "The type of asset we list on our platform".  It's all about money, just like it always is.

interesting scenario!

someone in here mentioned a couple of weeks ago that Coinbase is heavily invested in the coins they offer. IF they haven't held XRP, they wouldn't want to list it.

I mean it doesn't make sense to have people pull their money from BTC etc..their price would go down.

So I guess you're right..the question boils down to..does CB own XRP??? :JC_thinking:

4 minutes ago, XRPHdlr said:

So I guess you're right..the question boils down to..does CB own XRP??? :JC_thinking:

CB must be asking for something stupidly greedy like an entire month's escrow worth of XRP to be listed.

14 minutes ago, pucksterpete said:

I hope this guys right

Great video thanks for that.  I especially like the last bit about the whitepaper release he makes a good argument.

The day SBI goes live it will be very good for liquidity.

What are your thoughts on Coinbase and their position after the SBI listing? 

Or maybe be a way simpler explanation..

Their current level is service is not sustainable to added traffic generated by additional coins. They said they just added 90 more staff on Tuesday’s interview and trying to get additional 800 ( I think). Maybe the are just waiting for that? Maybe..

4 minutes ago, Mr_Cambridge said:

In a business sense I look at Coinbase as the creepy uncle with slick back hair, a leather jacket and a nice car who's offering kids a lift to school.  The clear insider trading, stealing people's money from their accounts as duplicate transactions, with-holding customer's funds.  It all stinks and leaves a bad taste in my mouth and their CEO, that guy from CNBC the other night gives off that exact vibe.  Like he once watched his Grandma go without food for 3 days because he needed that last $10 to bet on red.

Ripple on the other hand is clean and SBI has a clean, professional reputation.  Their symbiotic relationship (in my opinion) is going to be the real catapult for Ripple and eventually XRP price.  Fundamentally I think most of Asia will have almost completely moved onto Ripplenet before the West jumps.  I think SBI will make absolutely 100% sure the native Crypto in Asia is XRP so it won't just be empty purchases to buy this random asset in the hope you can turn one into two. 

I said last year if Coinbase don't add XRP it's going to cost them millions of dollars because somebody else will beat them to it.  I think that dude in the video is correct about the newly acquired CB employees.  It only makes sense to spend that much money on expanding if you're expanding into something so I'm guessing Coinbase will try to dominate the west and SBI the east.

29 minutes ago, Mr_Cambridge said:

I think wouldn't change much. Coinbase has no presence in the Asia region as far as I can tell (well I think except Singapore)..

55 minutes ago, XRPHdlr said:

interesting scenario!

someone in here mentioned a couple of weeks ago that Coinbase is heavily invested in the coins they offer. IF they haven't held XRP, they wouldn't want to list it.

I mean it doesn't make sense to have people pull their money from BTC etc..their price would go down.

Thats also of interest if they are heavily invested in their coins, will they be interested in being a part of sinking the value of their today coins by let xrp in? 

Maybe they will sell off from their invested coins before they take xrp in. 

1 hour ago, CaligulazBaby said:

Sorry guys, I know you must be fed up of these CB threads but I'm pretty sure I know why they won't list XRP.

Ripple would like to be on Coinbase, in the interests of liquidity being listed on a popular exchange is a no-brainer.  In my opinion the most plausible explanation is that Coinbase are holding Ripple to ransom for some completely ridiculous amount of money/XRP. 

Coinbase know Ripple own ~55 Billion XRP

Coinbase also knows the value of those XRP are going to be worth considerably more with a Coinbase listing.

Let's say without Coinbase XRP = $10 at the peak of the next spike.  That's $550 Billion

Let's say with Coinbase XRP = $30 at the peak of the next spike.  That's ONE POINT SIX FIVE TRILLION DOLLARS.

In this scenario Coinbase has over ONE TRILLION DOLLARS worth of leverage and you can't bet your bawllocks to a barn dance they are aggressively negotiating with Ripple at this very second.

Seriously put yourself in the shoes of the Coinbase CEO.  You own this insanely popular exchange boasting over 13 million users.  Ripple with their currently paltry sub-1-million wallet holders want you to list them and you KNOW FOR A FACT that listing them is going to make trillions of dollars worth of difference.

You want a cut of that.

This has nothing to do with, "The type of asset we list on our platform".  It's all about money, just like it always is.

Hm. Not sure. Just buying a lot of XRPs would be very profitable to them, why be super greedy? At the same time, if they don't seal a deal, they get nothing. Ripple will eventually get XRP to sky high values thanks to institutional money with or without Coinbase, they could miss out big time by being unreasonable. 

Maybe CB is playing hard ball but the situation does not sound as one-sided as you seem to believe. I think there is something else going on.

Edited by Guest

Look at the current volatility of the entire cryptomarket. The pump an dump creeps are causing earthquakes on an hourly basis.

No one with a moral compas even slightly turned the right way would suggest for anyone new to crypto to invest right now.

Edited by mandelbaum