Sign in to follow this  
xrphilosophy

CNBC Interview- John Burbank of Passport Capital

He flashed a smile talking about how crazy it is that institutions aren't yet in the game.  It's still really early!  I wonder if he was hesitant to promote individual positions because he's still in the accumulation phase?  He was quick to throw out BTC, BCC, ETH but I'm not convinced he isn't more bullish about XRP, it just seemed he was being really coy about it.

3 hours ago, aavkk said:

He flashed a smile talking about how crazy it is that institutions aren't yet in the game.  It's still really early!

I know, I actually got goosebumps... after all this is the guy who was prescient enough to spot the subprime mortgage bubble, and bold enough to bet on it... 

Very interesting video interview. Thank you for sharing.

If possible i'd perhaps change the title as to make it more obvious that it's a CNBC interview with John Burbank mentioning Ripple.

I wonder too if they have exposure only through SBI and eBroker or if they also own XRP directly. He did say his top 3 coin holdings were BTC BCH and ETH. It could very well be that XRP is not top 3 in terms of USD value but still a significant number of coins. For example it could be that only their Special Opportunities Fund own more exotic coins & XRP, therefore a smaller position overall in the Passport Capital Umbrella, but still significant on its own.

Rationally I think it's quite possible they only own SBI stock and not XRP as it's a less risky proposition with almost as much upside, except diluted - probably more liquid as well and less volatile.

On the other hand, if one is to believe so strongly about blockchain as he seems to be - notice the increased hand movement when he answers the final question - one cannot ignore the potential of interledger and its native digital asset. 

Title changed. 

I had the same questions.  For now we won't know the answers I suppose.  But the nod towards SBI/Ripple is encouraging at the VERY least.  Perhaps as the market matures funds such as his get exposed to/mention XRP directly.