DaftPunk

Price Speculation - $1.50

I hope you all don't mind, but seeing as this is the speculation club, I thought I would throw this out there...

Now that we are in March and my DCA is $1.50 (so purely being selfish)... When do you lot think we might hit that price?

I did expect more movement in March but I am now thinking May for $1.50.

Please let me know your thoughts if you wan't to join in speculating :)

Edited by DaftPunk

4 minutes ago, 1todd960 said:

I think we'll hit it two months ago. :biggrin:

I would have loved to sold at ATH so I could have bought more, however I didn't (obviously).

Just curious to know what other people are thinking/expecting.

The price of XRP has been highly correlated to XRP account creation. The question is... what will spur more accounts to be generated? Until institutional demand overtakes retail demand (us) account creation is what will move the price. For us that means fomo, we need fomo. First big users to announce going live with xrapid in big ways is what will bring the next wave of fomo. After that I believe the run of retail control over the XRP price will be over. Institutional demand will come in, Wall Street will begin investing on XRP fundamentals, the XRP ecosystem will begin to match reality as Wall Street starts to perform valuations of the asset. Retail participation will just be a drop in the bucket at that point. 

1 hour ago, xrpsailor1 said:

The price of XRP has been highly correlated to XRP account creation....

Are you sure its this way? i think its exactly the other way around.
As the value of xrp is growing it attracts more new buyers, this creates in sum more wallets.

2 hours ago, DaftPunk said:

I hope you all don't mind, but seeing as this is the speculation club, I thought I would throw this out there...

Now that we are in March and my DCA is $1.50 (so purely being selfish)... When do you lot think we might hit that price?

I did expect more movement in March but I am now thinking May for $1.50.

Please let me know your thoughts if you wan't to join in speculating :)

May-June timeframe sounds reasonable, but it also subjectively feels that we may have another mooning somewhere in that same rough time frame.  We shall see.

2 hours ago, xrpsailor1 said:

The price of XRP has been highly correlated to XRP account creation. The question is... what will spur more accounts to be generated? Until institutional demand overtakes retail demand (us) account creation is what will move the price. For us that means fomo, we need fomo. First big users to announce going live with xrapid in big ways is what will bring the next wave of fomo. After that I believe the run of retail control over the XRP price will be over. Institutional demand will come in, Wall Street will begin investing on XRP fundamentals, the XRP ecosystem will begin to match reality as Wall Street starts to perform valuations of the asset. Retail participation will just be a drop in the bucket at that point. 

50 minutes ago, rooobust said:

Are you sure its this way? i think its exactly the other way around.
As the value of xrp is growing it attracts more new buyers, this creates in sum more wallets.

Chicken and the egg. An increase in price spikes speculation > grows account creation > grows price more. 

However...  account creation definitely started an upward tick around November 20th last year with the Zerpening not hitting till Dec 12th. so.... come to your own conclusion there.

https://xrpcharts.ripple.com/#/accounts