cryptomediaxrp

WILL STELLAR LUMENS XLM BE ADDED TO COINBASE BEFORE RIPPLE? CNBC FAST MONEY

37 minutes ago, Tripple said:

Nobody cares. 

1) This isn't a Stellar XLM forum
2) Jed McCaleb is holding more XLM than Ripple is holding XRP - plus he's a complete reptile. 
3) Coinbase isn't a good fit for Ripple. They're currently on the SEC bad books for insider trading and are facing a class-action law suit... Why would Ripple want to be associated with that if they're going after banks/payment providers/financial institutions?
4) This Coinbase talk is becoming morose - it's probably the least important of all potential developments surrounding Ripple and XRP (not to mention it's entirely fictional)
5) If you bough the ATH you'll be pretty butt hurt right now, but the best thing to do is go away and come back in a few years time when you're likely to recover your capital, rather than praying that Coinbase will solve your issues. 

This.

1 hour ago, cryptomediaxrp said:

Ripple invest their xrp in hedge funds and other investments

This line from Brad's interview was pretty interesting to me. Anyone know what investments he is talking about or is it an insider knowledge at this point and not publicized? 

1 hour ago, cryptomediaxrp said:

Please explain!

"Ripple invest their xrp in hedge funds and other investments that are vulnerable to an economic collapse of the us stock market, bonds etc."

Would like to hear your opinion on how or why Ripple would take a certain amount of XRP and personally invest it in a hedge fund. 

(Please explain Brad's comments)

And what would be the purpose of that investment?

What other investments are you referring to and how are they at risk?

I would appreciate what your thoughts are. 

Thank you!

15 minutes ago, 1todd960 said:

"Ripple invest their xrp in hedge funds and other investments that are vulnerable to an economic collapse of the us stock market, bonds etc."

Would like to hear your opinion on how or why Ripple would take a certain amount of XRP and personally invest it in a hedge fund. 

Thank you!

So hedge fund can control price of xrp? Few months ago some hedge fund invested 100m in xrp. Maybe he invested xrp given by ripple to make liquidity? Who knows..

https://www.coindesk.com/techcrunch-founder-arrington-raising-100-million-ripple-hedge-fund/

It perplexes me why so many in our space still suspect that XRP's ultimate success and/or short to intermediate price rise will come from retail investors on exchanges.  The notable difference for XRP's liquidity and price action will come from big money from above not individual accounts from down below.   The big money, which has yet to enter the crypto market, will make all the difference in the world.  The addition of exchanges is more like an icing on the cake, and not substantially tied to XRP's success nor price movement.  Sure it helps, but until the money sitting on the sidelines from institutional investors enters the XRP market we cannot expect the addition of exchanges to make a substantive difference.  I, personally anyway, have long ago dropped that notion.  Looking forward to a more developed 2018 as the big fish enter the XRP market! 

30 minutes ago, 1todd960 said:

Thank you!

My thoughts when Brad mentions hedge funds and other capital investments are that these are all related to the crypto space, not tied to the DJIA, or other.  I have no insights into what specific funds these may be.  This may seem obvious, but this addresses a comment above earlier which points to the stock markets crashing, and that somehow this will be affecting Ripple/XRP.  If there is a true global market crash, in my view cryptos will never do better! 

12 minutes ago, xrphilosophy said:

My thoughts when Brad mentions hedge funds and other capital investments are that these are all related to the crypto space, not tied to the DJIA, or other.  I have no insights into what specific funds these may be.  This may seem obvious, but this addresses a comment above earlier which points to the stock markets crashing, and that somehow this will be affecting Ripple/XRP.  If there is a true global market crash, in my view cryptos will never do better! 

Yes i believe that a stock market crash will increase the crypto market cap, especially for some coins. But not if your coin is invested in the stock market. Any coin that is, will like all stock/bond holders, loose a lot of money.

Edited by cryptomediaxrp

22 minutes ago, xrphilosophy said:

Just waiting for the op to explain.

Edited by 1todd960

49 minutes ago, 1todd960 said:

Thank you!

One reason they would invest in stocks and bonds is because they are profit driven/centralized

The purpose again will be profit 

All investments are at risk. Money has been printed out of thin air to keep the stock market alive. the biggest crash the world has ever seen is coming due to qe1 2 3 and soon to be 4. 

Unless they are invested in gold and silver. thats a different story. 

5 minutes ago, cryptomediaxrp said:

One reason they would invest in stocks and bonds is because they are profit driven/centralized

The purpose again will be profit 

All investments are at risk. Money has been printed out of thin air to keep the stock market alive. the biggest crash the world has ever seen is coming due to qe1 2 3 and soon to be 4. 

Unless they are invested in gold and silver. thats a different story. 

So you're saying ripple gives xrp to a hedge fund in the hopes of what?  That the fund will give them a better ROI then holding the Xrp itself?  Actually none of this makes any sense.  

1 hour ago, 1todd960 said:

So you're saying ripple gives xrp to a hedge fund in the hopes of what?  That the fund will give them a better ROI then holding the Xrp itself?  Actually none of this makes any sense.  

Brad said it, not me! you will have to ask him what hes invested our investment in. But im guessing he dosnt see holding xrp as an investment like a stock or bond so he dosnt see us as investors. 

Edited by cryptomediaxrp

Ripple is not a currency.

This guy owns both XRP and XLM.

That's why he said Stellar. 

Stellar is not in Ripple's League.