Sign in to follow this  
xrpmommy

Meet Jed and his vision on blockchain,stellar and ripple

On 3/8/2018 at 2:48 PM, MrBavaria said:

Omfg.. How often did jed just say "right"...like every second sentence or so :D

2nd: "we are proud that jed, who built two of the 10 most used blockchains... " ahm.. He built one with guys who knew what they do. Jed didnt contribute much to the code (as far as i know) and then he just played copycat with ripple and changed the name to stellar with a super cool rocket.. I once read that he didnt even change some names of functions inside the code.

3rd: who the **** can take a coin serious where a flying rocket represents the whole ecosystem of stellar?! :D is it meant like "to da mooon" or what?! 

Finally i have to say that he really sounds like a 13 year old boy who isnt in puperty jet :)

another ripple shill...clearly you aren't well connected to know ripple is a joke.  Brad is the only one pumping and the whole community is not buying this scam.  As it was suppose to be the next ethereum?!?  LOL what dev would say that and NO ICOs on this.

Rigggeettttty regggggetttiityyyy ripppple rekkkkkttt

4 hours ago, SuperTronk said:

another ripple shill...clearly you aren't well connected to know ripple is a joke.  Brad is the only one pumping and the whole community is not buying this scam.  As it was suppose to be the next ethereum?!?  LOL what dev would say that and NO ICOs on this.

Rigggeettttty regggggetttiityyyy ripppple rekkkkkttt

Jed, get back on your @MaxEntropy account!

On 8.3.2018 at 10:09 PM, 7Bs said:

Also, I'm curious whether Stellar would be a non-profit if it wasn't for his XRP? 

I thought it isn't? Stop calling Stellar non-profit when they officially are not registered as non-profit, just because they claim to be. This is serious business with billions involved, don't rely on any statement without legal assurance.

My takeaway...

Jed is a bright guy, but isn't that comfortable doing these kinds of presentations and interviews. Lots of really intelligent people struggle to share their vision.

What I found most interesting was the 38min mark where he talks about wanting to avoid dealing with banks directly and lean on IBM to sell services to such large regulated businesses utilizing their products instead. Then in the very next sentence he quickly mentions they don't want Stellar becoming an IBM project since as most in the tech scene know IBM can kill or shelf projects they end up owning very easily.

Yeah that whole IBM partnership focus...I don't know. Sounds like Stellar isn't so sure and sounds like without IBM they would be left to do a lot of customer interfacing that they apparently struggle with a bit. Meanwhile Ripple is more head on do it themselves approach and isn't afraid to plant and grow the relationships that they want to go after no matter how long it takes.

That being said I still feel Ripple's team, product portfolio, and partnerships are shockingly ahead of their closest competition. People tend to ask about Stellar being a threat and if they can compete like it threatens XRP's value. But honestly I feel the fear should be reversed. What if Ripple goes after Stellar's product solutions? That sounds a lot scarier to me if I was all-in on XLM and Stellar as Ripple/XRP have real history of repeat success in establishing multiple products and partnerships with any size company at this point.

While watching that all I could think of was a nervous student giving a presentation to his class. Cringe worthy... talks sooo fast, fumbles on his words. Take a breath Jed and slowwww downnnnnn. Every presentation I have seen him do is like this.

Put him in a room with Bard Garlinghouse pitching their company and product, who do you think these companies and businesses will listen to? Brad or Jed? I think its an easy answer. 

6 hours ago, xrp-overflow said:

I thought it isn't? Stop calling Stellar non-profit when they officially are not registered as non-profit, just because they claim to be. This is serious business with billions involved, don't rely on any statement without legal assurance.

I didn't know they weren't registered. Very interesting.

21 hours ago, 7Bs said:

I didn't know they weren't registered. Very interesting.

Can’t find the source here to credit it. 

0A1C6BA3-A164-444A-A4C0-1620C86C5F6C.jpeg

F169E09F-B0ED-4F07-8D4E-93B9F27779B5.png

C82D5185-2F6D-4AB4-88AD-78751C38A9F8.png

9BAD4DDB-E024-4B36-8404-B999A889E319.png

251A1C0F-6C5F-4D9F-92BE-1A7725D2B780.jpeg

EB2A5A7F-0339-4476-AD16-048B307B6811.jpeg

Edited by FUD

You can still be a non-profit and not have tax exempt status in the US. I dont hold any stellar,and don't support them but just want to mention that.

Non profit!=tax exempt