RegalChicken

Zerpening 3: HODL My Zerps

4 minutes ago, Lawsuit said:

Is it weird that every time I read or hear the sentence "Haters gonna hate"

I think "Potatoes gonna potate"

Kind of.😁

35 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

A big part of why I'm doing this and why I've invested so heavily. People my age have no problem with $20-30-40k+ car debt but won't invest because it's gambling. 

I figure if I drive the same paid off car for seven years vs depreciating a new one for seven years, then all that new car money can instead go into investments. 

Literally my exact same thinking. I know people who spend $5k/year on cigarettes and another $100/week at the bar on booze lol. I'd rather take that money they are just throwing away and instead invest it 

Posted (edited)

Anybody else buy any EOS? I’ll be the first to admit I don’t know sh** about it but it seems to be on fire lately so I threw a couple hundred at it. And save me the “that’s a bad reason to invest” If it goes to zero then so be it 

Edited by BiffTannen

1 hour ago, CryptoVangu said:

Could you share what type of bare-bone metal server or droplet are using?... im still trying to figure it out what kind of server meet the requirements.

You can rent them from AWS or Packet (cloud) or for an in house setup something like a Proliant DL380 G7 or above (plenty out there).

Head over to the Codius section.

1 hour ago, xrp_moonjet said:

Once SEC and few banks gives a green signal on XRP..  All FUDS will die very soon.. Lets be patience till that.. Also in a way FUDSTERS are keeping the price in control, which is good... I am accumulating for cheap price.. 

Yes well there is that benefit!! I am taking advantage of it too. 

Any lawyers on here? Just saw this post in another thread and wanted to get input. Sounds plausible but the timeline to be resolved is crazy. Banks and big institutions are waiting for regulation. If SEC is waiting for this lawsuit to end first and it potentially could take this long...then this will adversely affect ripple and what they are trying to achieve. 

10 minutes ago, PunishmentOfLuxury said:

Eromyr (who is a lawyer, apparently) on The Zerpbox Discord made some interesting comments on this speech. He thinks that the SEC will not comment on XRP's security status because of the ongoing class-action lawsuit, otherwise they would be seen to be influencing the judge. He also thinks that the class-action will drag on for quite some time, possibly until 2020. We could be waiting a long time for clarity.

33 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

Anybody else buy any EOS? I’ll be the first to admit I don’t know sh** about it but it seems to be on fire lately so I threw a couple hundred at it. And save me the “that’s a bad reason to invest” If it goes to zero then so be it 

Basically Ethereum on steroids.

Was waiting for the SEC, but based on their Ethereum statement today, I'm interested.  Any tokens launched on the platform will likely fall in to the same boat as ERC20 tokens (ie securities) but EOS as the platform should be okay based on today.

9 minutes ago, legomaracas said:

Any lawyers on here? Just saw this post in another thread and wanted to get input. Sounds plausible but the timeline to be resolved is crazy. Banks and big institutions are waiting for regulation. If SEC is waiting for this lawsuit to end first and it potentially could take this long...then this will adversely affect ripple and what they are trying to achieve. 

I'm far from an attorney, but weren't Ripple pushing for the cases to move to federal court? If so, I can see these getting dropped as the plaintiff surely must know they have no chance against Ripple's former SEC team. I'm only talking about the I lost $1000 dollars on XRP cases not R3 because that has nothing to do with being a security right?