Who Will Win: Ripple or Stellar?

I've been thinking a lot lately about preconceptions regarding "success." Especially important in the error of Donald Trump. I meant ERA.

The idea of the meritocracy has got to go. Being best at something does not mean it will succeed.

I very much like the idea that success is distributed more or less randomly, regardless of ability.

5 minutes ago, XRPHdlr said:

Noooooo...stellar has no future..

The future, in my new conception of the ways of the world, is won by means of cheating, and through random dumb luck. XLM could very well carry the day, in the end, for a time. Who knows? Why bother to make predictions?

4 minutes ago, XRPHdlr said:

don't all the use cases mean it has succeeded?, I mean now all we have to do is wait. 

There's is no guarantee of a sure thing in life.  Remember VHS and BetaMax ?.. the best tech does not always win.. best to invest in a diversified portfolio. 

That being said I have the majority in XRP (80%), 10% in XLM, 5% in ADA and 5% other..

Edited by richxrp
28 minutes ago, Vader-DeWelt said:

I've been thinking a lot lately about preconceptions regarding "success." Especially important in the error of Donald Trump. I meant ERA.

The idea of the meritocracy has got to go. Being best at something does not mean it will succeed.

I very much like the idea that success is distributed more or less randomly, regardless of ability.

The future, in my new conception of the ways of the world, is won by means of cheating, and through random dumb luck. XLM could very well carry the day, in the end, for a time. Who knows? Why bother to make predictions?

Some success may be due to random dumb luck, but the market economy (even in its bastardized and beleaguered form that we have) still generally rewards those who provide a service or good that many people want. Now, we may insist that the "people" are stupid or foolish for making this choice, but in reality there is no right and wrong in the market, only individual tastes. Trying to determine what is "best" is a value judgement and should be left up to the individual to decide not "society", even if that means that what we deem an inferior product wins out.

5 minutes ago, Montoya said:

...but the market economy [...] still generally rewards those who provide a service or good that many people want...

this is the idea i'd like to move away from. and the thing that makes the whole process completely irrational and random is that most people want what they want, and that's often what they don't have. demand is created when desires coalesce around common proints, and the "dynamics" of that process on a mass scale are very complicated. in the end it appears mostly random and unpredictable.

also desire can be manipulated. hence advertising. this is partly consistent with what you're saying, but i really want to get away from the idea that free markets lead ultimately to the survival and rise of better things. also the certainty that xrp is the most undervalued because the underlying technology is the most efficient, dev team most advanced, etc etc.

i think crypto is a really good example of irrational valuations. the fact that it could have broad applications (bitcoin's lightning network, ethereum's whatever to make it settle faster, etc) is more enticing than the crypto that is actually being tested and used in the financial industry: xrp. unlimited unfulfilled potential is much much sexier than a limited real application.

33 minutes ago, Malloy said:

if you get your XLM for free...it's a good investment!

omg yes! i got my xrp for free (world community grid) and really wish I'd gotten much more of it. about 1000x more would have been nice, and easily done

of course that's not your point! :)

Edited by Vader-DeWelt
23 minutes ago, Montoya said:

but in reality there is no right and wrong in the market, only individual tastes. Trying to determine what is "best" is a value judgement and should be left up to the individual to decide not "society", even if that means that what we deem an inferior product wins out.

well i'd say that trying to determine what is best is in fact just another word for "cheating."

given our flawed nature and inability to see ourselves and our desires without bias.