LoganClark

Are we seeing what happened to Bitcoin Cash before Coinbase launch?

I have noticed that XRP has shot up past almost 6% in the last 24 hours according to Coin Market Cap while other coins have dropped. I wasn't on board with the others that CoinBase was going to announce XRP in the next couple days with the hype with the Fast Money on Tuesday that will have the CoinBase CEO and Brad Garlinghouse. I have always believed CoinBase would add XRP and never thought this soon. But my question now is are we seeing insider trading like we did with the BitCoin Cash on Coinbase prior to the launch or is this volume just hype for a CoinBase add. I personally think now for me the increase in prices seals the deal that there is a solid chance we might see XRP be added with the large amount of new CoinBase employees on Monday with the Fast Money on Tuesday, but that's just my opinion. I would really like to hear what everyone else opinion is. 

I hope it gets added, just remember that BCH is around the same where it was before the CB addition..I dunno..

Hope we mooooooon~

Posted (edited)

I went to check asap how much it is when I saw your message lol :) And then Oh well ....in the end you said only 6% percent, :) 

Edited by Riseup

2 minutes ago, TheXRPer said:

Why do some people have such a hardon for Coinbase? It's like the only value that XRP has is linked solely to Coinbase. 

Easy access and increased liquidity.  Myself and many others cannot buy XRP directly, at least not with USD.

Easy access and increased liquidity.  Myself and many others cannot buy XRP directly, at least not with USD.

There are some 1.1million xrp wallets right now. Coinbase has 13 million customers or so. Giving easy access to all of those is going to increase volume and demand.

Furthermore xrp is orders of magnitude cheaper per coin than any current coinbase offering.

9 minutes ago, Lucien said:

I agree. Increased liquidity is the name of the game. More money flowing the faster Ripple on ramps xRapid customers. We don’t need Coinbase but dang it would speed things up a bit.

1 hour ago, Only-Invest-XRP said:

I have noticed that XRP has shot up past almost 6% in the last 24 hours according to Coin Market Cap while other coins have dropped. I wasn't on board with the others that CoinBase was going to announce XRP in the next couple days with the hype with the Fast Money on Tuesday that will have the CoinBase CEO and Brad Garlinghouse. I have always believed CoinBase would add XRP and never thought this soon. But my question now is are we seeing insider trading like we did with the BitCoin Cash on Coinbase prior to the launch or is this volume just hype for a CoinBase add. I personally think now for me the increase in prices seals the deal that there is a solid chance we might see XRP be added with the large amount of new CoinBase employees on Monday with the Fast Money on Tuesday, but that's just my opinion. I would really like to hear what everyone else opinion is. 

First of all it is the coinbase COO not the CEO

Secondly Coinbase said they would announce new additions. So maybe an announcement but i wouldn't get my hopes up

Are we so desperate that 6% is now a moon LOL Remember the 70% bounce back last month with no coinbase rumor. 

Will it be added in 2 days, highly unlikely and no XRP is not the only green light today, look again.

27 minutes ago, whiteout said:

There are some 1.1million xrp wallets right now. Coinbase has 13 million customers or so. Giving easy access to all of those is going to increase volume and demand.

Furthermore xrp is orders of magnitude cheaper per coin than any current coinbase offering.

One exchange can be two wallets - one for cold storage and one for hot. Exchanges like coinbase don’t allow users to have their own wallets on the ledger. There are larger exchanges than coinbase that use XRP. Look at DMM in Japan.

Coinbase is one exchange. I want banks, I want FIs, I want corporates. Screw coinbase. Plenty of other exchanges. SBI VC on the way partnered with Huobi.

34 minutes ago, Premium said:

Is it difficult to buy from Kraken with USD?

If you live in USA, in some states , yes.