David Schawrtz considers possibility of BTC as one of biggest threats to Ripple's XRP strategy

2 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

Maybe I'm just a simpleton but I disagree wholeheartedly.    I think he is a straight shooter.  He has to be careful with his words because of all the mystic speculators,  and folks like me hanging on his every word, and occasionally he trips up doing that,

I disagree with your disagreement....

He’s not a straight shooter, thats why everything he says causes threads on the forum with pages of interpretations and ultimately yourself explaining what he really meant to say. 

Sure you can blame it on us speculators, but your version of what he supposed to mean to say is much clearer than his own words. 

I’m of at least average intelligence and I don’t always get what he wants to say. So no, for me he’s not a straight shooter. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If bitcoin is the biggest threat...then we are home safe  

You guys need to consider a more important point. XRP can be used by banks for liquidity because xRapid exists. That software only integrates with XRP, not BTC.  Some business would have to come

PoW is environmentally destructive and must be taken out the back and shot. Regulators will see to that if they're worth their salt. BTC is way too deeply invested in that paradigm (due to vested

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

I disagree with your disagreement....

He’s not a straight shooter, thats why everything he says causes threads on the forum with pages of interpretations and ultimately yourself explaining what he really meant to say. 

Sure you can blame it on us speculators, but your version of what he supposed to mean to say is much clearer than his own words. 

I’m of at least average intelligence and I don’t always get what he wants to say. So no, for me he’s not a straight shooter. 

I disagree with your disagreement of my disagreement.     Sorry...  I have the sense of humour of a four year old...   :) 

Good sir I know you are no dummy....   I enjoy reading your posts and your insights are often incisive.  So I would like to pursue this if you have the inclination.  I will be on and offline a bit over the next day or so but that's the beauty of forums...  

I can't recall reading anything of his that was what I would consider shifty.  It seemed to me he was sometimes constrained in what he could say, ( for obvious reasons,) but never deliberately misleading.  Perhaps I am wrong.  I often am....

Happy to have a look at anything you present that you think shows David being a non-straight shooter.  If you prefer to leave it at our difference that's fine too....    respect dude.   :) 

11 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

I disagree with your disagreement of my disagreement.     Sorry...  I have the sense of humour of a four year old...   :) 

Good sir I know you are no dummy....   I enjoy reading your posts and your insights are often incisive.  So I would like to pursue this if you have the inclination.  I will be on and offline a bit over the next day or so but that's the beauty of forums...  

I can't recall reading anything of his that was what I would consider shifty.  It seemed to me he was sometimes constrained in what he could say, ( for obvious reasons,) but never deliberately misleading.  Perhaps I am wrong.  I often am....

Happy to have a look at anything you present that you think shows David being a non-straight shooter.  If you prefer to leave it at our difference that's fine too....    respect dude.   :) 

Haha, I feel we can go on disagreeing for ages on this. Maybe it comes down on a discussion why I really like french fries and you don’t, , if you know what I mean. 

Still, read again all reactions in this thread alone and count the words “ don’t “ and “ understand” ....

Ultimately if its necessairy for our friendship to call JK a straight shooter then I will! Lol. He’s a straight shooter! 

There , I said it. 

( sorry, just a bit bored in the bus from Austria to home last 10 hours).

Edited by Ripple-Stiltskin

@OzAlphaWolf

If Ripple had not sat on its hands in ooooooh so many ways Bitcoin would not be such threat... after all Ripple was the SECOND crypto. The company leadership failed to capitalize on this lead in technology... all the while Ripple had the largest paid employee group at roughly twenty-five (25) people.

So disappointing.

-

I would go further... if I were Roger Ver I would switch Proof of Work to an algorithm like HashGraph. This would benefit the global community of Bitcoin developers (outside core) and appeal to those that were opposed to energy costs.

This would kill Ripple.

Banks probably do not want a centralized system like the Lightning Network. Don't forget, that in the LN, you don't own your coins, but just IOUs for coins. If I was a bank, I would not like to trust my many millions into third party IOUs, when I can have all my coins under direct control with XRP with almost 0 fees and also almost zero transation times. 

Without the LN Bitcoin can never compete with XRP in transaction times and fees and with usage of the LN you have no direct ownership over your BTC anymore.

2 hours ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Haha, I feel we can go on disagreeing for ages on this

Yep!   Did I mention the four-year-old thing?   Did so! Did not! Did so too!  Did not........   (  Not sure if I will grow up before I die....   :) )

Maybe it comes down on a discussion why I really like french fries and you don’t, , if you know what I mean. 

Ah...  We agree then...  I love them!

Ultimately if its necessairy for our friendship to call JK a straight shooter then I will! Lol. He’s a straight shooter! 

No no... Not at all....  I am happy to agree to disagree.  Our friendship does not depend on this.  :good:

You pointed out that many feel as you do...  that is a telling point,  but I think (or hope) it's just a general misunderstanding.  In any case we can certainly agree,  I think,  that we all want David and Ripple and particularly XRP to be a roaring success.  Happy days....   :) 

8 hours ago, Coin_Hound said:

Honesty. It’s another thing the Ripple team has in spades. 

This.

One of the major selling points of Ripple is the way they conduct their business in an as open as possible way given the NDA environment.  Many years ago JK said something along the lines of: there was a chance that XRP may not even be used in their business model and it was purely a speculative asset that he couldn't in good faith advise people to invest in.  This statement was seized upon by BitConers en-mass, perfect FUD ammo.  For me it was a fresh breeze of honesty and grounding of expectations.  Compared to the BTC mouthpieces at the time that where working on the 'whoever shouts loudest and longest on the internet wins' principle, this was one thing that converted me from BTCoiner to Zerper.

Edited by PlanK

Is there a chance that banks or a group of bank like the XRP solution and they purchase Ripple the company? Within the top 5 coins, only XRP got a company for banks to purchase. You cannot purchase bitcoin the company because it didn't exist. It's out there but no one can ever catch it.

If control and authority is the main issue gov or banks are the major concern, what is better than buying Ripple and they can then do whatever they want. 

37 minutes ago, jockeyng said:

Is there a chance that banks or a group of bank like the XRP solution and they purchase Ripple the company? Within the top 5 coins, only XRP got a company for banks to purchase. You cannot purchase bitcoin the company because it didn't exist. It's out there but no one can ever catch it.

If control and authority is the main issue gov or banks are the major concern, what is better than buying Ripple and they can then do whatever they want. 

You can only buy and control a company if you can acquire enough shares to control the board.  Ripple is not a public company so there are no shares on the public market to buy.

Early investors do have shares and they may well sell some of them.  But given Ripples promising future,  it's extremely unlikely anyone can buy a significant share percentage from initial investors.  Also I'm not sure of what percentage the shares represent...  It may not be enough to control Ripple even if you owned them all.

So no.   :)