PacalVotan

David Schawrtz considers possibility of BTC as one of biggest threats to Ripple's XRP strategy

Today, engaging in a discussion on twitter about what efficient settlements and what universal asset would prevail in the future, after saying BTC is positioning itself as a store of value right now, David Schwartz disclosed that BTC liquidity might pose as one of the biggest threats to Ripple's XRP strategy.

What you guys think about this?

I, for one, have total faith in Ripple's team, it will be a long run for sure, but this team has all the potential to win.

yes bitcoin has very large liquidity, BUT very high fees, long transaction times which allows them to exposed to a lot of volatility, along with not having a production ready system for banks

Lightning is on it's way, but no offense to the Bitcon developers, user friendlines is not really their strong side.

If your mother or father asks about the digital money revolution and you present them with a Linux terminal...

Also, onion routing is a big part of the Lightning networks sell point, I seriously doubt any bank or regulator would see that as an asset.

Edited by mandelbaum

3 minutes ago, calex960 said:

BUT very high fees

segwit, see recent fee plunge 

3 minutes ago, calex960 said:

long transaction times

bilateral LN channels between exchanges allow for near instant settlement. 

2 minutes ago, Graine said:

segwit, see recent fee plunge 

bilateral LN channels between exchanges allow for near instant settlement. 

the point being bitcioin wasn't designed for banks and don't have a dev team focusing on being used within institutions, because that is what they are against 

For the first time, this news has actually made me a little nervous about my investment in XRP ?

I think XRP trading vol being in the toilet, as it were, is some cause for concern. This is really not a new problem, but when we took off from 20c I really thought that chapter in the XRP story ended there. But no. Things are back to normal and we're squarely beaten in vol by coins like LTC, ETC and TRX.

Were KRW and JPY stirred up just by some local press about Ripple and their tests with the local bank? How can it be that everyone's suddenly so disinterested in trading?

I have a suspicion that everyone who's aware of Ripple is all in on it and wouldn't dare to trade, hence a low volume. Whales who want to dump are stuck, no volume and they aren't interested in crashing the price! 

But that's just a theory. It's all very strange.

Edited by corak

2 minutes ago, corak said:

I think XRP trading vol being in the toilet, as it were, is some cause for concern. This is really not a new problem, but when we took off from 20c I really thought that chapter in the XRP story ended there. But no. Things are back to normal and we're squarely beaten in vol by coins like LTC, ETC and TRX.

Were KRW and JPY stirred up just by some local press about Ripple and their tests with the local bank? How can it be that everyone's suddenly so disinterested in trading?

I have a suspicion that everyone who's aware of Ripple is all in on it and wouldn't dare to trade, hence a low volume. Whales who want to dump are stuck, no volume and they aren't interested in crashing the price! 

But that's just a theory. It's all very strange.

Maybe everyone is broke from buying the heck out of it for so long.  At least that's my excuse. :biggrin:

it just goes to show how little of the price is set by any kind of rational analysis and how much is pure speculation, and market manipulation, pump/dump groups, criminal money washing and tax evasion, illegal political/mafia money bribes, wash trades, outright counterfeiting/fraud, black hacking, smuggling/paedo/murderers, orderbook spoofing and illegal lending (tether), dark web strangeness, etc

6 minutes ago, zerpdigger said:

it just goes to show how little of the price is set by any kind of rational analysis and how much is pure speculation, and market manipulation, pump/dump groups, criminal money washing and tax evasion, illegal political/mafia money bribes, wash trades, outright counterfeiting/fraud, black hacking, smuggling/paedo/murderers, orderbook spoofing and illegal lending (tether), dark web strangeness, etc

I think you about covered it all.  Lol