Chewiecoin

If you honestly don’t believe that XRP’s price can go beyond $5-$10 what is your motivation for posting in here

18 minutes ago, shaunnol said:

I’m a noob here, someone explain Greg to me.

A guy tweeted years ago that BTC at $20 was way overpriced and was selling. It will never hit $100

I am out at dinner and can't find it. Someone will post it  

#don'tbegreg

$10 would be great but is my lowest estimate for 2018. Pretty much everyone involved in XRP now and in the future, except for a few whales who will get harpooned eventually, will benefit due to a higher price.

" If that is the case why are you invested in XRP? Why do you post in XRPChat? What is your motivation? "

Im one of those people - I dont see XRP go beyond $10 in my wildest imaginations. But at $ 5 -10 I still have a nice profit. Fun money, nothing mayor. You have to understand that individual forum member & investors like to read, post and learn about the assets they have acquired and the best way imho is via forums. 

I hold 11000 XRPs, a very small amount, but at $10 I might consider cashing in. I obtained XRP stacks to make money. Im new to crypto as per Desember 2017.

1 hour ago, Freaky said:

Depends how many you hold. I think people that dream of giant numbers only hold a small stack, and need the price to hit $500 plus to make a life changing difference.

In my case I bought lots and I bought low. $10 is realistic, at $30 I have sold the lot and long gone.

So I am motivated and for excited for XRP to succeed, as it's success is my success, but I don't need it to moon to stupid values.

That´s great, but you´re assuming... you know what they say! I like to point out that this is not a **** Measuring Competition, and all your are doing here is making yourself a target. People don´t like flash! Humble is in! Peace! 

6 hours ago, Chewiecoin said:

So if you don’t believe that XRP will succeed or its success will be limited please share your motivations as to why you actively post here.

To people who bring an opposing view, I say "welcome and thanks for stopping by".

I personally don't understand why you are asking them to justify themselves? This is a public forum, a forum is here to debate and exchange ideas. That is justification enough.

Do you really want this community to be a microcosm of people who are oblivious to outside opinions, who refuse to have their ideas challenged and who just want to feel the comfort of people repeating the same thing over and over?

I want these people around. I want to listen to opinions that make me feeI uncomfortable because they are not what I want to hear. I want to be critical of my investment choices and challenge my assumptions. I find it sad that respected members of this forum, who are allegedly leading our community, don't want to do that and are discouraging diversity as opposed to promoting it.

Edited by Guest

25 minutes ago, Plirf said:

To people who bring an opposing view, I say "welcome and thanks for stopping by".

I personally don't understand why you are asking them to justify themselves? This is a public forum, a forum is here to debate and exchange ideas. That is justification enough.

Do you really want this community to be a microcosm of people who are oblivious to outside opinions, who refuse to have their ideas challenged and who just want to feel the comfort of people repeating the same thing over and over?

I want these people around. I want to listen to opinions that make me feeI uncomfortable because they are not what I want to hear. I want to be critical of my investment choices and challenge my assumptions. I find it sad that respected members of this forum, who are allegedly leading our community, don't want to do that and are discouraging diversity as opposed to promoting it.

@Plirf you have misunderstood my post completely. 

I agree 100% with your post. I enjoy reading views that are different to my own. It’s healthy and it’s how I learn and grow. I am not against opposing views at all.

What I don’t understand is some of the posts in here cheering the price as it falls. Consistently encouraging us to sell because we made a bad choice. Belittling anybody that suggests that the price will go up. Deliberately and aggressively taking the opposite view for what I think is just trying to pick a fight. I just don’t understand the motivation behind it? This thread was me trying to give these people a voice so I can understand their point of view.

I stand by my record of engaging with and encouraging healthy debate in this forum.

2 hours ago, johnlogan said:

" If that is the case why are you invested in XRP? Why do you post in XRPChat? What is your motivation? "

Im one of those people - I dont see XRP go beyond $10 in my wildest imaginations. But at $ 5 -10 I still have a nice profit. Fun money, nothing mayor. You have to understand that individual forum member & investors like to read, post and learn about the assets they have acquired and the best way imho is via forums. 

I hold 11000 XRPs, a very small amount, but at $10 I might consider cashing in. I obtained XRP stacks to make money. Im new to crypto as per Desember 2017.

You are a bit of an enigma to me @johnlogan

I remember when you first joined XRPChat about the exact same time as @XRPwillfailby2020 and I was reading your first 10 or so posts and in my opinion they were deliberately negative trying to discourage XRP investment.

I reached the point after a few weeks where I Ignored you. I don’t take that option lightly.

However,  I have seen you post intelligent comments like this one explaining your point of view which I respect. 

I hope we see more of this style post in the future. 

I respectfully disagree that we are only getting to $5 to $10. I just think there is too much value yet to come in, once more and more FI’s adopt xRapid and we haven’t even begun to consider other use cases like Codius, xVia and micro transactions. 

So in your view the gigantic gains of last year of 56,000% are pretty much it. We will grow 2 or 3 times more from our previous ATH and that is it, ever?

I just don’t see it?

6 hours ago, Raz said:

And my only arguement is that if they didn’t have 100billion nobody in the banking industry would take them seriously. Imagine pitching crypto to a central bank letting them know you are pitching this to EVERY central bank and you have 18million coins. YOU WOULD BE LAUGHED OUT OF THE ROOM! 100 billion almost seems too few.

I agree that 100B is probably needed for xrapid to work. I’m not arguing it is a bad decision to have a huge supply, I’m simply arguing it is a price suppressor. A price suppressor doesn’t mean prices can’t increase. It means they won’t increase as fast as they otherwise would with a smaller supply. 

Edited by ringer2

4 hours ago, Chewiecoin said:

Hey @ringer2

I agree with your main argument that supply is important to price, of course it is. If we have coin A with 1000 coins vs coin B with 10 coins. It takes far less demand to push the price of coin B vs coin A.

I think what most of us believe though (and I think you do too) is that the XRP's utility coupled with the multi trillion dollar problem it is solving with lead to massive demand that will bring our price up to the $25 to $75 mark. 

I just think the price will be much higher and will come much sooner than 5 years. 

All hail the mighty XRP!!

Exactly. But that is not what everyone other than you has been arguing. 

4 hours ago, Chewiecoin said:

I think it's different. I don't think these guys have huge stacks and are saying they are out at $10

They actively post that either XRP will fail or can only ever get to $5

I just don't understand why they are 1) invested in XRP or 2) in XRPChat if this is the case?

The obvious answer is they they are deliberately trolling. 

I certainly never said XRP will fail. People who think that aren’t taking time to understand my argument and are just viscerally reacting to ideas dissonant with their XRP dreams. 

1 hour ago, Plirf said:

Exactly. Why on earth would people want an echo chamber?

i didn’t come here looking to pick fights. But when all Indidnwas start to express a non-majority opinion people went crazy on me. Just go back and look at some of my iktial postings on supply concerns. I got called a lot things. I reacted with more heat than I should have and I apologized. I think I’ve tried to watch my words now and still make my argument. Yet read the things those who disagree are still posting. I’m not the one looking for a fight. 

Edited by ringer2

4 hours ago, shaunnol said:

I’m a noob here, someone explain Greg to me.

Marcia's brother.  Brief stint as rock star Johnny Bravo.  Really cool dude.

Edited by Tyrell