If you honestly don’t believe that XRP’s price can go beyond $5-$10 what is your motivation for posting in here

6 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

You haven’t been watching closely then mate....    I make fun of that glittery animated garbage can all the time.  

But only because @LilBender can take it easily and knows I’m joking.   :) 

Thanks for your kind words,  I’m glad my malicious skullduggery is passing beneath the radar.   :) 

You tease and you joke....the stuff he was saying you do not do. You're probably the most tolerant poster here.

1 hour ago, DebbieDowner said:

I disagree with Colio's tone but there is a reason why this forum needs a bearish perspective. 

When people (who consider investing in XRP) do their due diligence, they quickly stumble upon this forum. If all there is to read in the public section is ludicrously positive ideas with no contradiction, they may be led to invest on incomplete information.

There is a need for contradicting views so that people who read these pages realize there are 2 sides to the story. I don't think anyone here expects to make the perma bulls to change their mind, but there should be some people to challenge the established assumptions and trigger healthy discussions.

If what you are looking for is an artificial feel-good effect, a hopium high emulated by single sided views and eco-chambers, go to the Zerpening. It is the perfect place for that.

We've been in a bear market for what...18 months now? Your opinion was more appropriate in the last bull run when the hubris ran wild and people didn't even THINK of selling XRP (when they damn well should have, and not even in hindsight!). Contrast that to today - there's not much bullish sentiment on these boards now at all, as is understandable.  Lots of the bulls have left, and many of the ones left behind are fairly subdued and quiet.  Strictly in terms of sound investment strategies, reigning in pessimism when the price is low - and reigning in optimism when the price is high - is way more appropriate (if you want a healthy balance).  Sell into strength, buy weakness.  All I see in recent months are a group of prolific posters who have become (or were always) very anti-XRP - at a time when the price has been in the doldrums for many months.  To me, that's not all that healthy.  It's just "piling on" and actually the smart investor buys a distressed asset with solid fundamentals...but if they listened to people here, they'd think XRP was dead in the water, purely based on price action.  Typical retailer sentiment.  Run for the hills! The price is too low!!

The doubting voices are WAY WAY more valuable in a bull run.  The bullish sentiment on this forum in the last bull run was outrageous (I was a lurker).  It was beyond hubris.  That might sound harmless and fun, but IMO I think a lot of people didn't sell when they should have (sold into strength) because so many people were saying "it's going to $100" and so on.  Rocket gifs, people sharing plans on what they'll buy when they have a million in the bank - all that stuff - THAT is unhealthy.  I just think this forum is typical of any retail investor forum: when the times are good, optimism gets out of control....when times are bad, it's all doom and gloom.  Pretty much the retail investor playbook writ large....buying high selling low :D

Edited by 2ndtimearound

48 minutes ago, DebbieDowner said:

Maybe. But it looks to me as though you are assuming that XRP cannot lose yet another 90%...

Anything can happen.  I would suggest whilst .16 is a low probability that could happen in circumstances where BTC collapsed back to 3K.  I find it harder to envisage 90% off .30 - that would be .03 per XRP.  The XRP ecosystem has a expanded a lot during 2018/19 and XRP has a broad based investor profile,  so the floor is probably a lot higher than .03!  In a way imagining a bull run going up to $100 is easier to do than imagining a bear market pulling XRP back down to .03.

Edited by Julian_Williams

1 hour ago, DebbieDowner said:

Maybe. But it looks to me as though you are assuming that XRP cannot lose yet another 90%...

Well where do you draw the line? If it went to 3 cents and I wrote the post above, you could say "it could go down 90% to 0.3 cents".  Being negative about an asset that's suffered through an 18 month bear market is a very typical retail investor attitude.   Retail investors rarely do what they should do as I mentioned.  I like to talk about the fundamentals here as this is what will ultimately drive XRP's price.  That doesn't mean it's all positive talk either.  Fundamentals don't lie either way.  If xRapid's usage flatlines, that would be very worrying for me - something that may make me sell and be done with XRP.

14 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Well where do you draw the line? If it went to 3 cents and I wrote the post above, you could say "it could go down 90% to 0.3 cents".  Being negative about an asset that's suffered through an 18 month bear market is a very typical retail investor attitude.   Retail investors rarely do what they should do as I mentioned.  I like to talk about the fundamentals here as this is what will ultimately drive XRP's price.  That doesn't mean it's all positive talk either.  Fundamentals don't lie either way.  If xRapid's usage flatlines, that would be very worrying for me - something that may make me sell and be done with XRP.

Where Debbie Downer is right is that there is a well known neurological phenomena which has been observed and we all have wired into our brains.  It happens that gamblers who lose get more and more reckless.  They lose $100, feel depressed and bet another $100, and then another $100.  The more they lose the more haphazard their mindset and behaviour becomes.  Many of us have lost money having sold in negative, this predisposes us to become reckless in our desire to buy back what we have already lost.  This is another argument for holding and never selling in negative, unless you really have decided to leave the market for ever.

Edited by Julian_Williams

20 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

i just keep buying more

14 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Where Debbie Downer is right is that their is a well known neurological phenomena which has been observed and we all have wired into our brains.  It happens that gamblers who lose get more and more reckless.  They lose $100, feel depressed and bet another $100, and then another $100.  The more they lose the more haphazard their mindset and behaviour becomes.  Many of us have lost money having sold in negative, this predisposes us to become reckless in our desire to buy back what we have already lost.  This is another argument for holding and never selling in negative, unless you really have decided to leave the market for ever.

For sure.  I've also read that losing money elicits a stronger feeling in us than gaining money does.   Wanting to be "made whole again" after losing money can become an obsession that leads people into real trouble.

I'd also add that once you sell an asset, let's be honest here - you want it to go down in value to show that you made the right move.  People will say otherwise, but nobody wants to see an asset rise after they sell it.   I'm saying this because the holder of an asset has fairly clear motives - they hold an asset, and they generally believe it will be worth more, and are positive about that asset.  Then there are people who are not positive about an asset.  What's their story? Have they sold? Are they holders who are genuinely worried (if so, how long do you remain worried before you sell?).  If they sold, then they don't usually say they sold so motives can be unclear.  For sure, there can be people who sell and are genuine in their motives - they sold because they feel they left a sinking ship and are warning others.  That can be the case too.  However, people aren't often open about their motives (they all default to the most ethical reason, of being concerned and unbiased) so you're left guessing.

Edited by 2ndtimearound

3 hours ago, DebbieDowner said:

but there is a reason why this forum needs a bearish perspective

There is a need for contradicting views

to challenge the established assumptions and trigger healthy discussions.

Artificially being bearish and giving contradicting views, just for the sake of it, is something different than “ challenging and triggering healthy discussion”. I’m sure you know that.  So far most of the “ balanced or contrarian views”  are just circle FUD in a negative echochamber.  There’s nothing informative about it for new investors. 

Challenging with the right tone of voice would be better, but is very rare and not given to everyone it seems. 

If what you are looking for is an artificial feel-good effect, a hopium high emulated by single sided views and eco-chambers, go to the Zerpening. It is the perfect place for that.

BS.  And may I add: plain 

Edited by Ripple-Stiltskin
There’s a “ need” . Lol. It’s obviously something YOU need.

On 4/9/2019 at 10:04 AM, Xrpchips said:

I hardly think we will see $5, let alone $10.We might see $3 in the next bull run but that's years away. I do believe BTC will hit 10k with 12 months with XRP lingering at 30-40cents. 

Im a litte intrigued by this post. How did you make this correct prediction ? Did you use TA or that other sources ? also did you make a trade as BTC would have given you a 100%+++ ROI. 

I also see you are referring to XRP as a Ponzi back in April. XRP was confirmed to be just that by one of our senior member in July. Good job calling that.  

@JannaOneTrick I see you where confused buy this post. Do you still feel the same? 

“Real” investment forums contain people who are interested in an asset from both the long and short perspectives. If this was like that viewpoints on (objective) factors that could push price down would be welcomed. This forum is not really an investment forum in the conventional sense, it is more of a believers forum?

Don’t you think?

maybe there should be sections specifically to objectively talk about downward price pressures.

Maybe there should also be a section to complain/make suggestions to Ripple. They must have community relations staff who monitor these forums. They would get the messGe even if they don’t respond.

17 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

@ZzZerper I'm still waiting for you to write such objective talking points rather than labelling people all the time as "believers".

Pretty sure I’ve done that for a long time and have been largely held in disdain. Which is fine, I’m a big boy but it is rather head scratching. 

Edited by ringer2