If you honestly don’t believe that XRP’s price can go beyond $5-$10 what is your motivation for posting in here

What the FUDsters don’t understand is...

The XRP ledger is open source. Yes, Ripple might hold a lot of XRP at the moment, but once they are systematically released into the wild from the escrow, they have no more control over it than you and I. What they will make money from are the applications that will enable banks and companies to transfer money using XRP (xRapid, xVia and maybe other products in the future that have other use cases like say, in app purchases on mobile devices and so on).  That’s their long term business plan, not sitting on a giant paper profit. 

At 10$ my return would near 3000%, even if it took 3 years that is well above anything else i can find for such low initial capital risked. As far as i can tell from available data, this can bomb to 0$, which i find to be very unlikely, or skyrocket to 100$+ , equally unlikely i believe, but all possible. I do believe this is a bubble, similar to the Dot com era, and out of that bubble will rise a few valuable assets, the Amazon and Ebay of crypto currencies. So i placed my bets, and while i did invest in other currencies, i find Ripple to be the most likely to succeed.

VERY LONG term I ALWAYS thought that XRP could reach a price hovering around $1000 - $1300

I even posted this in the Zerpening 2 thread on the 22nd...

I am happy to report that because of the low prices my kangaroo dreams are closer to becoming a reality...  When I had been planning I had been thinking I would have to make this last big purchase at prices closer to $1.80'ish... and I would have to cash out at $800.  My cash out point is now $400 to $500 (being fair I also trimmed some of my frivolous purchases). 

I honestly think that $500 within 2 to 3 years is still VERY realistic.  

I will admit, for a guy who wants a pet Kangaroo (even if it's for good reasons on a property that has a women's shelter and helps autistic kids / kids with sensory needs with equine therapy) I'm surprised nobody ever questioned me when I said trimmed some of my frivolous purchases :lol:

17 hours ago, Chewiecoin said:

There is a group of posters in here that do not believe that XRP could ever go beyond $5 or maybe $10 is there wildest estimate. If that is the case why are you invested in XRP? Why do you post in XRPChat? What is your motivation?

For some of them not only do they not believe in XRP but they actively negatively post in here and actively look to engage in negative debate bordering in fights with posters.

I just don’t get it?

It can’t be fun can it actively promoting negativity in a forum that wants Ripple and XRP to succeed?

Most people know my view. I am exterememly bullish and positive on XRP. I think we are in a once in a lifetime investment whose future utility, adoption and price will blow our minds. Of course, I could be completely wrong. I just don’t think so.

So if you don’t believe that XRP will succeed or its success will be limited please share your motivations as to why you actively post here.

Of course if you were lucky enough to get in under 1 cent $5-$10 is magic lol

Advice: Selling your XRP doesn’t need to be all in or all out. If you are fortunate enough that an increase of price from here means that a portion of your hodling can relieve a financial burden Eg. pay off your mortgage early, then holding the rest through the ups and downs will feel much easier because then anything is probably a bonus!

Disclaimer: This Advice Post is not intended as advice. :)

3 hours ago, Mars said:

Advice: Selling your XRP doesn’t need to be all in or all out. If you are fortunate enough that an increase of price from here means that a portion of your hodling can relieve a financial burden Eg. pay off your mortgage early, then holding the rest through the ups and downs will feel much easier because then anything is probably a bonus!

Disclaimer: This Advice Post is not intended as advice. :)

I inadvertently did this through weak hands during Zerpening #1.   I came out with a big profit, but am now putting a big part of that profit back into XRP as I think if XRP doesn't hit at least its previous ATH, then XRP has likely failed as an asset (for Ripple too) - the narrative for me is that XRP climbs in value through wider adoption (masses can buy it easily, which Ripple surely want as it helps liquidity) and XRapid use.  I know it sounds complacent when talking about investments, but everytime I spend a (and have spent) a $1 on XRP, I honestly see it as me getting an extra $1 with it (at least!).  I liken it to Barcelona (best football team in the world) playing some overweight pub team, and Barca put out their strongest team with Messi, Suarez etc - and the bookies give you 1/1 even odds for Barca to win.  You'd think the bookies were mad.  That's how I feel about XRP. 

1 hour ago, XRPHopeful said:

Considering that XRP hasn't reached even $5 yet, this thread is kind of a moot point.

If you said $3.00, I could see your point.

Is it? I agree with @Chewiecoin - why continue to post in here that XRP can't possibly hit $X and continue to hold an asset you don't believe in? Plenty of posters on here are doing just that. He is right to call them out.

Unfortunately, to not believe in $5-$10, is to believe ripple/xrp will fail.  That price range is a good start and will help get the train moving down the tracks.  Once we have momentum then everything else moves along much smoother and a higher price will follow.

Just me thinking out loud again.  I really don't know what I'm talking about but it sure sounds good. :biggrin:

Edited by 1todd960

7 hours ago, Mars said:

Of course if you were lucky enough to get in under 1 cent $5-$10 is magic lol

Not really luck, awareness was key. My friends told me to hop in 3 years ago, and i didn't listen, they all sold part of their stacks at 3$+ and retired. whatever happens now is just icing on the cake for them. If you didn't know about this and didn't buy-in in time, too bad, however if like me you WERE aware of this opportunity and didn't buy, it stings. 

19 minutes ago, Galarnix said:

Not really luck, awareness was key. My friends told me to hop in 3 years ago, and i didn't listen, they all sold part of their stacks at 3$+ and retired. whatever happens now is just icing on the cake for them. If you didn't know about this and didn't buy-in in time, too bad, however if like me you WERE aware of this opportunity and didn't buy, it stings. 

WOW~! 

That would sting..... sounds like your friends are perma-winners! Surprised you didn't recognize that when they told you to hop in!!! They even sold some at ATH!!!! Those people never lose!! Are they even hanging out with you anymore? Those perfect types, don't like a flawed individual!!! 

Edited by Guest
If you find the incorrect inputted coma, you win free XRP!!!!! Also.. HODL!