Brad Garlinghouse & President/COO of Coinbase on CNBC 3/6/18 5pm EST

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just want to post a heads up that Brad Garlinghouse and the President/COO of Coinbase will be on the Fast Money show on CNBC this coming Tues @ 5pm EST 3/6/18.  I’m curious what Brad will be discu

LOL, I like it.  "Brad Glaringhouse"

Posted Images

So what's with this CB index fund? What's the point of an index fund if pretty much everything is tied to BTC, and even more so - if they have only 4 assets on their platform - BTC, a hard fork of BTC, a copy of BTC and ETH? Or am I missing something here?

I don't know about any of you, but I am pretty heated that Brad got bumped from the show because Gary Cohn resigned. Horrible timing. Anyway, I would still love to know what Brad's news is? The host of Fast Money said at one point that "Brad was coming out to talk about what the next big thing for the coin is. You won't wanna miss it." Well, we missed it!!!

When asked about XRP, Asiff said, "When we think about listing a token [on Coinbase] we look very hard at how open is it to market manipulation. And frankly all the noise that's out there about whatever token, pick your favorite, the more it drives volatility and looks like it's being manipulative the less likely we are going to list it any time soon." 

That is all he said when asked about XRP being listed, aside from a joke from Asiff about seeing Brad in the back and saying we should take a picture together, referring to the price going up if they did so (via the rumor mill).  

On 06/03/2018 at 4:43 AM, SushDawg said:

I don't think this interview is about XRP on CB.  More about direction of BTC, how XRP is doing etc.  CNBC needs some ratings, so I think this interview is it.

I second that. The choice of guests was designed to stir up interest as even folks that hate xrp will want to watch.

15 minutes ago, wdelgran said:

I don't know about any of you, but I am pretty heated that Brad got bumped from the show because Gary Cohn resigned. Horrible timing. Anyway, I would still love to know what Brad's news is? The host of Fast Money said at one point that "Brad was coming out to talk about what the next big thing for the coin is. You won't wanna miss it." Well, we missed it!!!

When asked about XRP, Asiff said, "When we think about listing a token [on Coinbase] we look very hard at how open is it to market manipulation. And frankly all the noise that's out there about whatever token, pick your favorite, the more it drives volatility and looks like it's being manipulative the less likely we are going to list it any time soon." 

That is all he said when asked about XRP being listed, aside from a joke from Asiff about seeing Brad in the back and saying we should take a picture together, referring to the price going up if they did so (via the rumor mill).  

✌?Market manipulation✌?  Like Whale bots aren’t manipulating the useless coins on coinbase currently. ??‍♂️

39 minutes ago, iLeeT said:

So what's with this CB index fund? What's the point of an index fund if pretty much everything is tied to BTC, and even more so - if they have only 4 assets on their platform - BTC, a hard fork of BTC, a copy of BTC and ETH? Or am I missing something here?

Agreed. 4 assets is definitely a small amount for an Index fund . .. . the whole point of an index fund is to buy a large amount of different funds and attain broad market exposure.

It does further indicate that Coinbase will probably be adding more and more assets to their system.