milkisforbabies

Have any pilots not gone well?

47 minutes ago, Coin_Hound said:

As far as milk is concerned, my wife is breast feeding our newborn and out of shear curiosity I tried some. It was sweet and yummy and I see why he likes it so much. 

For science... And beyond.

2 hours ago, poppy said:

i believe ING, a bank from The Netherlands did some tests with Xcurrent that where rejected. It did not give a level of privacy for customers. After Ripple developed another product that supposed to be what they needed. I also heard some rumor that Ripple was working on some super secure tor like protocol so maybe these two are connected.

And/or was it Rabobank? They have  stated on Twitter they had looked into an old ripple product a few years ago and that was not satisfactory. But now they are testing a new Ripple product. Likely xcurrent. 

53 minutes ago, Graine said:

Fidor bank, ZipZap. 

3 minutes ago, alottaripples said:

And/or was it Rabobank? They have  stated on Twitter they had looked into an old ripple product a few years ago and that was not satisfactory. But now they are testing a new Ripple product. Likely xcurrent. 

So it sounds like the unsuccessful pilots were based on old ripple tech?

IBM tested Ripple amongst other blockchain solutions and preferred using open source licensing that allowed them to break... sorry... to "innovate" the software as they saw fit. Ripple licensing was too restrictive for their use cases.

Thus they did some stuff with hyperledger and then came back and engaged stellar - so it seems open licensing non-proprietary products may not quite be up to snuff, but if you are willing to trade performance for freedom and flexibility to tailor your own system, ripple products are likely not a good match.

In sum, *spoiler* IBM does not think like Apple does in terms of wanting to use products "that just work". They like to tweak. Ripple appears to be more in the Apple camp in this respect - frictionless as a performance standard sounds very Apple-compatible (now).

As Joel Katz said on Reddit 2 days ago: "This has been an amazing year and I think we've made great progress validating XRP's use case within RippleNet. We have the technology, we have the vision, we have the partnerships. The challenge for us is to maintain focus and keep executing. We're right at the point where our full vision is becoming reality."

I think everything is happening sooner than Ripple may have envisioned...Regardless, when Joel Katz says we are at the point where our full vision is becoming reality, you know that reality starts this year. I feel like it's gonna be a wild fun ride in the coming months.