NEF

Got into Ripple at $3

Some told you what you did wrong. Some told you what to do. Some lectured you. At the end of the day you have to choose and decide it all. 

I know you asked only “what does your inner gut instinct tell you”

So my answer is my inner gut instinct is telling me to hold and buy more.

Edited by RIPe

7 hours ago, NEF said:

Hi All,

Got into Ripple at a high and put an embarrassing amount of money in.  Since than I've not been sleeping or eating for days to weeks now. 

I feel my gut telling me I'm in big big trouble and should sell before I lose it all. 

What does your inner gut instinct tell you ?  

If you're really concerned I'd be happy to talk to you in private messaging. But my gut tells me to tell you to hodl. 

I don't know your financial situation but I cashed out of btc at $2k because of volatility stress and I won't do that again. 

My own personal holdings are down a LOT from ath and I hodl with great confidence. 

I believe you will be OK. Don't stress. Laugh at the rollercoaster and try to enjoy the ride. This is crypto. It's the wild west and still filled with a mix of entrepreneurs and criminals. 

Yip, its a real pain in the butt. I have struggled emotionally since the ATH. The feeling is much the same whether you paid the cash over at 3.00, or you watched your investment grow to that, and shrink away, bc, at that point, we had it. Now we don't. 

They say markets go up fast, but take forever to go down and I have watched that chart too many times now and have gotten false hope. a little bit of you dies with each dip. I am trying to concentrate on making money elsewhere.

That said, selling doesn't enter into the equation for me. Borrowing another Buffet quote “It’s far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price, than a fair company at a wonderful price.” I think we all agree it is a wonderful company. If they achieve what they intend to achieve, it is generally agreed that they will be worth something very worthwhile. You got the fair price, others got the wonderful price.

I too believe that a really worthwhile announcement is out there. I speculate that it is AirBNB as that is the example that the Ripple guys keep using. 

You can’t get emotional about investing. Especially not in crypto.

If one got into XRP to get rich overnight, well, tough luck. That is not going to happen.

But if one got into it on the base of the merits of the product and the company, then just hang in there because it will shoot up one day. And at that point, the last thing on your mind would be what price you bought in at. 

Edited by Guest

I am in the green overall with XRP but I have obviously lost a good amount from the highs.

These are the questions I ask myself when I think about selling or trading:

• Does Ripple have a good fundamental plan for XRP? From research: yes, a lot better than most.
  • Will there be more or less money in the overall crypto market this year? I think probably more than last year. Worst case is the whole market completely tanks to nothing but I don't believe that will occur. I think BTC will go up in price.
  • Will XRP gain as a result? I'm pretty sure it will.
  • What's the competition like? Seems like tumbleweeds. I strongly doubt many of Ripple's competitors have real technical strength in blockchain/crypto. They are either toying with these technologies or marketing with them. Either way they are many years and a couple of significant cultural shifts from delivering anything functional.

My gut and some very crude TA with moving averages says it could go back to 67000 satoshis or about a 20% drop from the current price.

However a 5x or 10x increase from there seems very possible (it's what happened in a very short period over xmas) and that is why I am not selling XRP.

It could take months to get that increase but I don't care about that.

Even if we get no such increase in 2018 I am happy to keep holding due to the fundamental plan. News has been great so far.

Edited by spondulix

Think of it this way: if you sell now, you are selling to the guy you bought them from at 3usd/xrp. 

He gets his zerps back and a nice pile of cash. Your cash.

He wins. You lose.

You want to be the loser?

12 hours ago, NEF said:

Hi All,

Got into Ripple at a high and put an embarrassing amount of money in.  Since than I've not been sleeping or eating for days to weeks now. 

I feel my gut telling me I'm in big big trouble and should sell before I lose it all. 

I feel bad for you when reading this. I won't give you any advise because I'm sure everything has been said before now. Just hoping everything works out just fine for you!

@NEF hold on buddy. It might sound weird but i actually do know the pain. Spend 100k usd on 0.20 xrp it dropt to 0.12 didn’t feel comfortable at all. Just wait and try to stay calm. It will get back to 3USD range. But XRP is a long game. For me it easier now, as it won’t drop to 0.20. But look at the trendline over months not days. This year you will get profit, no doubts.

if you need a chat, you can always pm me. 

12 hours ago, NEF said:

Hi All,

It looks like you are seeking confirmation to hold. You are in the right place!

My gut tells me to hold. If you wanted a short term trade - clearly it was a mistake. But if medium to long term is your thing. Don't panic.

If you got into the trade for the right reasons, and those reasons still hold true, don't sell.  If you need the money - that's another matter.

I had the same feeling when I bought in near a high in May 2017.  You can imagine what I'd be thinking now if I sold at $0.16 having bought at $0.35.  I'm sure others were asking similar questions on this forum at that time as well.

Charts have a habit of repeating certain patterns.  December to Jan were not too different (chart wise) from May 2017 (okay a slightly more significant retracement.)  Although it doesn't feel like 'normal market activity' when you are on the wrong side of it, there's lots of theory out there to suggest it is.  Look up the Elliot curve, and if you want to feel bullish look for analysis on XRP and parabolic curve.  Then look back at all the good news that's hit in the last two months and the long term potential again.   Arguably XRP is well undervalued.  

If you want further confirmation to hold, do some research into the psycology of trading.  Hopefully you'll stay patient and we can all meet at an XRP party in 3 to 5 years time.

Goodluck!

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 10.42.31.png

13 hours ago, NEF said:

Hi All,

I'm in the same boat as you having spent quite a lot during the ATH - I'm now quite deep in the red.

I've recently purchased more whilst the price is low in order to bring down my dollar cost average. 

Have I made the right decision or have I screwed myself even more? Only time will tell.

One thing's for sure, I certainly won't be selling for quite some time yet. Not when Ripple are mentioning new partnerships on a very regular basis.

Sometimes I even get a bit paranoid thinking there may be members on this forum that are employed directly by Ripple for the sole purpose of encouraging people to buy - it has crossed my mind several times.

This is my first investment in anything. Almost everyone on this forum has mentioned the word HODL and that's exactly what I'll do. I'll listen to the great advice given by members of this great forum as well as doing my own research. After that, it's fingers crossed and hoping for the best. From what I understand, this could well be a once in a lifetime opportunity for a great investment.

13 hours ago, NEF said:

Hi All,

Damn, consider yourself lucky !!!! You are not on a margin here. No margin call blowing all of your account!

When i was trading FX (== losing money in FX), 99% of my positions, with enough patience, would eventually make money.

Unfortunately my greedy *** was on the biggest possible margin, so all my money was lost in margin calls.

You have the luxury of not being on margin, so the only thing going against you is your impatience. DO NOT SELL.

Edited by Zerping