Asim

Speculation on who Xrapid liquidity providers are

Speculation is welcome?

Anybidea who the Xrapid liquidity partners will be. Say if the transaction is run on the public Blockchain I would think the current exchanges will be signed or plugged into ripplenet thru Xrapid. 

If I remember correctly Ripple said that the transaction on Xrapid can also be on the public markets. 

Will we ever know who the partners are. Or we will see the volume increase on exchanges and the transaction volume increase on the ripple net to speculate. 

Although I might be shooting the stars here or thinking out loud. 

1 minute ago, Asim said:

Speculation is welcome?

Anybidea who the Xrapid liquidity partners will be. Say if the transaction is run on the public Blockchain I would think the current exchanges will be signed or plugged into ripplenet thru Xrapid. 

If I remember correctly Ripple said that the transaction on Xrapid can also be on the public markets. 

Will we ever know who the partners are. Or we will see the volume increase on exchanges and the transaction volume increase on the ripple net to speculate. 

Although I might be shooting the stars here or thinking out loud. 

Here you go... they are all public and consolidated by this fine fellow

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E1AcLBd_ykemoDAPwZsbl5f2wyrS7RhlAt94CrHXTAg/edit?usp=sharing

4 minutes ago, protechtor said:

Here you go... they are all public and consolidated by this fine fellow

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E1AcLBd_ykemoDAPwZsbl5f2wyrS7RhlAt94CrHXTAg/edit?usp=sharing

But this does not clarify from we’re can caullet, WU, lianlian, MoneyGram will 

buy fiat to xrp>settle transaction>sell xrp to fiat  

If the purchase and selling happens of the standard exchanges which we are using then how the price get effected. 

14 minutes ago, Asim said:

But this does not clarify from we’re can caullet, WU, lianlian, MoneyGram will 

buy fiat to xrp>settle transaction>sell xrp to fiat  

If the purchase and selling happens of the standard exchanges which we are using then how the price get effected. 

xRapid partners source directly from Ripple. Exchanges also source directly from Ripple. There are only so many XRP available at a given time. Supply and demand will drive up price with adoption of xRapid.

1 minute ago, protechtor said:

xRapid partners source directly from Ripple. Exchanges also source directly from Ripple. There are only so many XRP available at a given time. Supply and demand will drive up price with adoption of xRapid.

As far as I have understood xRapid pathfinder can also source the XRP from exchanges if necessary. It will always find the best available rate to buy and sell XRP to settle the transaction. All XRP trades are visible on Ripple XRP charts as well, Bitstamp, Bithumb etc. 

16 minutes ago, protechtor said:

But if Xrapid is going to source from ripple directly. Why will it drive the price higher on our exchanges. 

59 minutes ago, Asim said:

But if Xrapid is going to source from ripple directly. Why will it drive the price higher on our exchanges. 

Hmmm... why does the price of XRPUSD rise on Polo exchange if there are more buyers on Bitstamp? The market for XRP is tied together. 

1 hour ago, protechtor said:

1 hour ago, Asim said:

Ripple is only selling/releasing up to 1 billion XRP per month and the first two months of escrow have been far below that. My understanding was that the XRP required for xRapid would come from open markets, not Ripple directly.  With Ripple pushing for further decentralization of XRP, isn't this what they'd want anyways? 

7 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

Ripple is only selling/releasing up to 1 billion XRP per month and the first two months of escrow have been far below that. My understanding was that the XRP required for xRapid would come from open markets, not Ripple directly.  With Ripple pushing for further decentralization of XRP, isn't this what they'd want anyways? 

Really? I am not 100% sure, but assumed that xRapid was the xCurrent software platform with XRP liquidity option built in direct from Ripple... it is marketed as providing on demand liquidity. I am not an xRapid expert though, so maybe someone who is can point us to a thread that describes how this works (if it exists). 

Edited by protechtor

1 minute ago, protechtor said:

Really? I am not 100% sure, but assumed that xRapid was the xCurrent software platform with XRP liquidity option built in direct from Ripple. I am not an xRapid expert though, so maybe someone who is can point us to a thread that describes how this works (if it exists). 

We’ll then return whatever is unused at the end of each month to the back of the escrow rotation. For example, if 500M XRP remain unspent at the end of the first month, those 500M XRP will be placed into a new escrow account set to expire in month 55. For comparison, Ripple has sold on average 300M XRP per month for the past 18 months.

https://ripple.com/insights/ripple-escrows-55-billion-xrp-for-supply-predictability/ 

https://ripple.com/solutions/source-liquidity/ 

4 minutes ago, protechtor said:

Yup. I have read and understood escrow and that Ripple was selling XRP. This is why I assumed they were selling it to liquidity providers directly. 

They are selling it to liquidity providers directly, who then offer it on exchanges. xRapid uses exchanges like Bitso and Bitstamp in its current form. Long term this will be interwoven with xCurrent, my guess is that Moneygram etc. will be the connection. 

Now if a FI is using xcurrent which is on the ripple net but not on the public block chain. Then we add Xrapid will it now source xrp from the public exchanges and do the transaction on the public block chain. 

I am getting confused my self now. 

1 hour ago, CryptoOwl said:

As far as I have understood xRapid pathfinder can also source the XRP from exchanges if necessary. It will always find the best available rate to buy and sell XRP to settle the transaction. All XRP trades are visible on Ripple XRP charts as well, Bitstamp, Bithumb etc. 

My understanding, also.