Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello everybody,

This is my first post, but it might be an interesting one for the community if we exchange our ideas (if this is not done before).

Historically GateHub was always recommended to store your XRP and it even was the next generation of the official ripple wallet when Ripple Labs stopped this.

Now I have been reading all around and it is review very negatively and not trustworthy.

 

what are your opinions?

 

Looking forward to the feedback

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, boldhead said:

Hello everybody,

This is my first post, but it might be an interesting one for the community if we exchange our ideas (if this is not done before).

Historically GateHub was always recommended to store your XRP and it even was the next generation of the official ripple wallet when Ripple Labs stopped this.

Now I have been reading all around and it is review very negatively and not trustworthy.

 

what are your opinions?

 

Looking forward to the feedback

 

I've been using it since last summer and never had any problems with it; although, like you, I have noted the negative press it has received.

Why have you posted this in "Competitions and Giveaways?"

Edited by WhentheBoat_ComesIn
Noticed Section it was posted in!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never really had any issues with them, I think if you look at it every single exchange has been blasted over the past few months by all the new investors. Everything has been slower than usual. Approvals, withdraws and server speeds have been affected everywhere, you will see similar complaints on almost every exchange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gatehub works but I've been disapointed with their lack of progress and feel that they have squandered a great opportunity.

They should have took on and developed the Gateway strategy when Ripple Trade came to an end. They haven't even been able to introduce GBP/XRP even though they're incorporated in the UK.

We need a UK Gateway, we haven't even got any proper exchanges!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far so good. I manage few ripple accounts with them, did the verification, some crypto deposits/withdrawal and SEPA withdrawal, all went fine. The page had some performance issues during the crypto craze but that's understandable.

I guess people barely come to praise but are loud when they have problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, boldhead said:

Hello everybody,

This is my first post, but it might be an interesting one for the community if we exchange our ideas (if this is not done before).

Historically GateHub was always recommended to store your XRP and it even was the next generation of the official ripple wallet when Ripple Labs stopped this.

Now I have been reading all around and it is review very negatively and not trustworthy.

 

what are your opinions?

 

Looking forward to the feedback

 

My opinion is that as an organization they're in over their head and I really hope they can get some more solid business-minded people behind it. 

From a tech and usability standpoint, I love it. Everytime I log on I hope that they can succeed because the UI, the integration with Ripple as a Gateway, the trading, the interface...I love it. 

They can be trusted but they need some logistical, infrastructural, and staff management help I think. 

Bitstamp is less visually pleasing, but totally gets the job done and they seem to be more concerned with communicating with the community and with upgrading their staff. 

In any case, Gatehub is awesome. If you're reading this @enej or whoever works at Gatehub, please go get some help because your product is awesome!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Hodlezerper said:

My opinion is that as an organization they're in over their head and I really hope they can get some more solid business-minded people behind it. 

From a tech and usability standpoint, I love it. Everytime I log on I hope that they can succeed because the UI, the integration with Ripple as a Gateway, the trading, the interface...I love it. 

They can be trusted but they need some logistical, infrastructural, and staff management help I think. 

Bitstamp is less visually pleasing, but totally gets the job done and they seem to be more concerned with communicating with the community and with upgrading their staff. 

In any case, Gatehub is awesome. If you're reading this @enej or whoever works at Gatehub, please go get some help because your product is awesome!

 

 

 

Ok thanks a lot everybody for the feedback!

I am quite in the same line. Still believe it was a good organisation in the past, but seeing that their support is not really following recently.

 

Do you guys see any risk of GateHub disappearing one day? (we have seen this with other exchanges over the past 4 years, that stopped communicating  and they suddently disappeared with certain amounts of crypto)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, boldhead said:

 

 

Ok thanks a lot everybody for the feedback!

I am quite in the same line. Still believe it was a good organisation in the past, but seeing that their support is not really following recently.

 

Do you guys see any risk of GateHub disappearing one day? (we have seen this with other exchanges over the past 4 years, that stopped communicating  and they suddently disappeared with certain amounts of crypto)

Great thing about Gatehub is that your XRP wallet is actually yours. You have the private key.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎25‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 5:54 PM, Hodlezerper said:

Great thing about Gatehub is that your XRP wallet is actually yours. You have the private key.

 

Hello Hodle,

That is actually true... so what you are saying is that even when the GateHub website is totally gone.

We can login in another xrp wallet with our private key and still have all of our xrp? (never thought about this ..)

 

kind regards,

 

Maarten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, boldhead said:

 

Hello Hodle,

That is actually true... so what you are saying is that even when the GateHub website is totally gone.

We can login in another xrp wallet with our private key and still have all of our xrp? (never thought about this ..)

 

kind regards,

 

Maarten

That’s right.

 

of course there are always people who claim Gatehub might somehow still have your private key...

But, assuming they don’t, that’s the advantage of Gatehub. Even if they go under you still have your wallet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Great thing about Gatehub is that your XRP wallet is actually yours. You have the private key.
Is that a great thing about Gatehub, or a great thing about Ripple Wallets? Always thought this was a feature of the ripple system and not a specific exchange (also why it is important to distinguish between a hosted wallet and a ripple wallet).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Troublemecca said:
On 2/25/2018 at 8:54 AM, Hodlezerper said:
Great thing about Gatehub is that your XRP wallet is actually yours. You have the private key.

Is that a great thing about Gatehub, or a great thing about Ripple Wallets? Always thought this was a feature of the ripple system and not a specific exchange (also why it is important to distinguish between a hosted wallet and a ripple wallet).

I can't speak to theory, but in practice I don't know of any other exchanges that also give you your own wallet. 

I'd say it's both, considering the Ripple ledger allows that, but also Gatehub decided to allow it as well. Clearly other exchanges have decided not to do this for whatever reasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I can't speak to theory, but in practice I don't know of any other exchanges that also give you your own wallet. 

I'd say it's both, considering the Ripple ledger allows that, but also Gatehub decided to allow it as well. Clearly other exchanges have decided not to do this for whatever reasons. 

Ah, so to trade on other exchanges, you have to transfer your xrp to their hosted wallets?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...