Chewiecoin

What if we are still at $1 in May

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, XRPboi said:

They are keeping the price very stable for a reason - whether they explicitly admit it or not. FI's don't want volatility, at least not unless it is planned

8 hours ago, Spekul8 said:

No.   

Regulation is the opposite of manipulation. You guys are talking about manipulating the price of XRP to certain people’s agenda’s. I am getting a little fed up of this conspiracy talk without presenting solid facts, that is getting quite old imho. 

Anyone can shout the price is manipulated  downwards or to be ‘stable’ and people will believe it because they are disgruntled and looking for a reason their money is ‘gone’.

Sure, manipulation is around and in times it is clearly visible. But to claim a mysterious ‘they’ can control the price as much as they want is utter nonsense. There is no valid proof to back that up other than claiming all kinds of things and pointing towards the big bad old conspiracy theory, which is usually accompanied by coincidences disguised as facts. 

Edited by Plikk

3 hours ago, Plikk said:

Regulation is the opposite of manipulation. You guys are talking about manipulating the price of XRP to certain people’s agenda’s. I am getting a little fed up of this conspiracy talk without presenting solid facts, that is getting quite old imho. 

Anyone can shout the price is manipulated  downwards or to be ‘stable’ and people will believe it because they are disgruntled and looking for a reason their money is ‘gone’.

Sure, manipulation is around and in times it is clearly visible. But to claim a mysterious ‘they’ can control the price as much as they want is utter nonsense. There is no valid proof to back that up other than claiming all kinds of things and pointing towards the big bad old conspiracy theory, which is usually accompanied by coincidences disguised as facts. 

This +1000. 

My and my mate come in for the long game approx 20 years! (until retirement) Am hoping the 3-5 year will give us enough back to bring those 20 years crashing down! Can honestly say we will never cash out our entire bag - adoption baby, HODL the XRP, spend the XRP, donate the XRP and leave the XRP for our children!

16 minutes ago, eXRPe said:

My and my mate come in for the long game approx 20 years! (until retirement) Am hoping the 3-5 year will give us enough back to bring those 20 years crashing down! Can honestly say we will never cash out our entire bag - adoption baby, HODL the XRP, spend the XRP, donate the XRP and leave the XRP for our children!

I wish I could get back to thinking like this 😂

11 minutes ago, Paddy said:

I wish I could get back to thinking like this 😂

It really has been a long bear market huh? I have never had the benefits of seeing a bull market, we bought in mid 2018 and gradually bought more as the market fell in order to increase our average. Soooo looking forward to watching XRP rise in Dollar$ not cents...

14 hours ago, Plikk said:

I am not sure why you quoted me with the other guy as we do not have the same context. 

First, regulation is not the opposite of manipulation, regulation is the opposite of no rules. Even within highly regulated environments, you can manipulate. Second, I am not disgruntled. Quite the opposite, I am of the lucky ones who bought in the single penny digits and sold for dollars (near three) and was very lucky to have the intuition to do

Also, I am not saying that because prices are low, it is manipulated. But, when prices escalated from 20 cents to three dollars, that was a pure manipulation of the exchnages taking advantage of small investors with automated algo market makers.   When I argued this point months ago,  I was debated on this forum. Now we have the news that there are 5 legitimate exchanges that reported real trading. 

I am not a pessimist on XRP. Quite the opposite, I am encouraged that they have innovative technology.  But, as oppose Feb where everyone thought that each coin will solve a problem,  now we are going through a stage where players ask themselves if what they thought was a "for sure solution" is actually appropriate now.   

What we went through in Feb 2018 was once in a lifetime. In three days, we went through something that it takes major companies 20-40 years in the stock market! These are companies with solid returns.  Now people expect the same cycle, and maybe it will, and for many folks here, I hope this is the case.   

There is no need to attack those of us who say that as an investor, you should be open-minded to many ideas. The biggest asset you have is time, and if you waste in refreshing your quotes, and just stuck on one asset, in my opinion, it is a waste of your resources.   However, I respect the individual choices people make.