Jump to content

What if we are still at $1 in May


 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Dinoizzy said:

Not a chance at over $10 i can at least kinda accept but very lucky to be over $1? I'd be pleased with anything over $1 but to say very lucky... i dont think so, not given how much further than that we have already been.

But that unique set of circumstances is history.  The crash left a lot of bad feeling about crypto investing.  The headwinds are considerable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Blubber said:

But that unique set of circumstances is history.  The crash left a lot of bad feeling about crypto investing.  The headwinds are considerable.

Agree re the bad feeling and that is massively under-estimated. So many got burnt - not sure what it would take to convince them to come back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dinoizzy said:

Agree re the bad feeling and that is massively under-estimated. So many got burnt - not sure what it would take to convince them to come back.

FOMO is also a very powerful force.  It would be a kind of isometric exercise between the two.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Blubber said:

But that unique set of circumstances is history.  The crash left a lot of bad feeling about crypto investing.  The headwinds are considerable.

That's a tiny constituency of people.  There's a far bigger group (literally hundreds of times bigger) who are not risk takers like the previous people who lost money.  These new people will invest through Fidelity and Bakkt - they will not need to know how to buy crypto or store it.  They will be insured against theft or loss.  The early adopters who lost out were the frontline who took those early bullets.  Some didn't lose out and are still in the game with good positions (like myself) - no risk, no reward.  The key is to have a position now, but I totally agree that for many it's psychologically impossible to hold a position in crypto now (for them) - they got burnt badly and it's hard to come back from a big loss.  Still, there's a bigger crowd coming who will be far more protected - there will be regulations, insurance, custodial services, buying services.  These buyers will not need to buy via exchanges, buy hardware wallets, none of that.  We know this is coming.  Anyone who is fighting against this future and denying it is missing out on a golden opportunity.  I speak specifically for XRP here.  I realise that 99% of cryptos are junk that will not survive and will be overlooked by the big institutions.  Change is afoot.  Investing is about anticipating the future, not reacting to current events.

Edited by 2ndtimearound
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Blubber said:

But that unique set of circumstances is history.  The crash left a lot of bad feeling about crypto investing.  The headwinds are considerable.

You didn’t get the rebranding memo? XRP isn’t a crypto anymore... it’s a digital asset ?

The fomo is going to be insane. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

That's a tiny constituency of people.  There's a far bigger group (literally hundreds of times bigger) who are not risk takers like the previous people who lost money.  These new people will invest through Fidelity and Bakkt - they will not need to know how to buy crypto or store it.  They will be insured against theft or loss.  The early adopters who lost out were the frontline who took those early bullets.  Some didn't lose out and are still in the game with good positions (like myself) - no risk, no reward.  The key is to have a position now, but I totally agree that for many it's psychologically impossible to hold a position in crypto now (for them) - they got burnt badly and it's hard to come back from a big loss.  Still, there's a bigger crowd coming who will be far more protected - there will be regulations, insurance, custodial services, buying services.  These buyers will not need to buy via exchanges, buy hardware wallets, none of that.  We know this is coming.  Anyone who is fighting against this future and denying it is missing out on a golden opportunity.  I speak specifically for XRP here.  I realise that 99% of cryptos are junk that will not survive and will be overlooked by the big institutions.  Change is afoot.  Investing is about anticipating the future, not reacting to current events.

This. Many, many average guys like you and me will get burned because of impatience and fear of losing their money. I invested the part I can afford myself to lose. If XRP dies, bad luck and my gamble was wrong. But it won't! I have total piece with the size of my investment, and I'm willing to risk losing all of it.

I was wrong not buying BTC at 100 dollars because of the hassle buying BTC, and skipped that investment. I wish i did then..... thoughts ran my mind to invest 20K$ back then. If i really pushed the button at that time, i could have quit my job already, and live from my investment if i'd sold during the last ATH of BTC. Yes, just 200 BTC would have brought me about 3,2 million Euro's.

I still think we are very early in this game. If/When XRP's going to be used by large FI's, banks and big companies, 200-500 dollar a coin is easily reachable. I don''t care if it takes 2-3 years, because we all don't have a clue what timeframe XRP will be BIG. It could take five years for XRP to reach $10,-, but it also could be within 5 weeks. No one knowes.

The change becoming a millionaire playing in the lottery is almost zero. The chance getting real wealth form my investment in XRP is thousands of times bigger than winning the lottery. I feel that this is a REAL chance to make big bucks from my investment.

For once in my life i'm convinced i did the right thing with my spare money, and i'm not going to be Greg, selling XRP at 3 dollars. (We'll maybe a small stash at $10,- to cover my investment..)

 

Hold on tight to your dreams!

 

Edited by DutchPanda
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Still, there's a bigger crowd coming who will be far more protected - there will be regulations, insurance, custodial services, buying services.  These buyers will not need to buy via exchanges, buy hardware wallets, none of that.

This is key. A more traditional architecture has to be constructed around the process of investing in crypto.  Without it, it will remain a kind of boutique investment favored by 20-somethings who are more tech savvy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Blubber said:

This is key. A more traditional architecture has to be constructed around the process of investing in crypto.  Without it, it will remain a kind of boutique investment favored by 20-somethings who are more tech savvy.

...who are tech savvy, but are still uninsured from scams.  Look at PRL recently - literally 300,000 tokens created by the owner and dumped on an exchange.  Look at RaiBlocks / BitGrail.  Look at BitConnect.  These were the early risks...compare the insurance you get when you buy a stock, and the regulations that protect you.  It's night and day.  Well, once Bakkt and Fidelity and other major institutions start bringing crypto to the REAL masses, there won't be any extra risk to buying crypto than buying a stock (outside price fluctuation risk of course) - that is a massive change.  This is not to even mention the amount of marketing these institutions will give crypto - it will be phenomenal.  This is what it feels like to be early.  

The pain we felt this year is the price you pay for being early.  Being early isn't all about profits.  It's about pain too.  There's no short-cuts here - just gotta hold and trust things will unfold the way they are anticipated.  There's always still risk there.  Again, if people want to remove the risk, they won't get the reward. 

Edited by 2ndtimearound
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Dinoizzy said:

Agree re the bad feeling and that is massively under-estimated. So many got burnt - not sure what it would take to convince them to come back.

Well.. I'm member on another online forum. Nothing to do with crypto, but there is also a crypto-topic. You could sense the FOMO there, back in 2017, and then the "****, I bought in at ATH", and the "I told you so"'s, etc.

But people forget fast. The topic has been ded for most of 2018, but it's coming to life again now...

Edited by DD_XRP
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, DD_XRP said:

Well.. I'm member on another online forum. Nothing to do with crypto, but there is also a crypto-topic. You could sense the FOMO there, back in 2017, and then the "****, I bought in at ATH", and the "I told you so"'s, etc.

But people forget fast. The topic has been ded for most of 2018, but it's coming to life again now...

Any idea why?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Dinoizzy said:

Any idea why?

Not at all.. :D

First it was Doge, then RRD, then InitiativeQ, now BAT.

But the important thing is that people who did not believe in crupto, started buying something, ans started telling people about it.

I have the feeling that people are willing to give crypto another chance...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.