Diversify or All In?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know exactly what you mean, I have held a number of coins over the past couple of months and all bar a little BTC have mysteriously morphed into xrp.

I’m all in , betting on the winning horse instead of diversifying my profits into negliable amounts. Its to the moon or homeless for me. 

I was heavily diversified, then slowly and slowly I brought all the profits (and initial investments) of other coins into XRP. I'm not 100% all in on XRP, and whenever I see a coin that I think "

I was heavily diversified, then slowly and slowly I brought all the profits (and initial investments) of other coins into XRP.

I'm not 100% all in on XRP, and whenever I see a coin that I think "wow that seems like a great prospect, I should pick up a few." My mind instantly goes to why the hell would I buy another coin over XRP. I wouldn't; there is nothing on the market I have even 10% of the confidence in that I do with Ripple and XRP. If I'm going to be buying even a small amount of a coin, I literally can't buy anything other than XRP, because I want more, I always want more, and I can't justify buying anything else over it.

Knowing nearly nothing, I started out diversified across BTC, LTC, XRM, BCH, ETH, TRX, POWR, XRP, VEN, IOTA, ADA...I think that's all. The more I've researched the more I focused until now I have about 98% XRP and 2% LALA. Even though I think some of the other projects are good (especially POWR), I don't believe any of them have the long term upside potential in price, nor the industry disruption potential. Ripple is going to change everything and XRP is integral to the plan.

8 hours ago, automatic said:

If you truly believe that XRP will reach 10/20/50/100 at some point in the very near future, then I would recommend not diversifying.  Diversified portfolio will make you feel better during periods of xrp price stagnation, but as soon as the price starts moving up your gains will be significantly reduced by virtue of being diversified.  In other words, concentration + HODL will be your best bet for maximum returns in the shortest possible time frame.

If you do decide to diversify, then make sure to run through rebalancing scenarios such that you force yourself to take xrp and sell it into the hedge when the price is moving up, as well as take the hedged portion of the portfolio and use it to buy xrp when the price is moving down.  If you do this carefully, you may just be able to have your cake and eat it too.  Otherwise, you will end up with a much lower portfolio balance at the end of the next bull run than you would if you had just kept the portfolio concentrated.

Note that this advice only holds true if xrp does in fact appreciate significantly between now and end of the year (which we all believe that it will).  If xrp price instead remains locked in range, or lord forbid ends up dropping, then you will be better off by diversifying. 

In other words: if you believe that xrp will grow --> concentrate;  if you believe that xrp will stagnate or drop --> diversify.

It really is that simple.

Diversification is for loser. 

See below:

https://25iq.com/2013/01/16/charlie-munger-on-investment-concentration-versus-diversification/

Was all in on xrp then decided to have a play bought iota at .87 then watched it drop to .33 kicked myself for not buying more , sold them at 2.95 and dumped them back into xrp at .47  used some xrp to get into DTR ico.

I just feel safe holding xrp and DTR and that' how it will stay unless a great ico catches my eye . I should really forget about them for a few yrs but I cant , I'm addicted and look and read crypto multiple times a day?

At the end of the day its only play money and if I loose the lot  no big deal and if it moons it will change our life which it will! I have this gut feeling that it will once the big boys have loaded up.

15 hours ago, OzAlphaWolf said:

Knowing nearly nothing, I started out diversified across BTC, LTC, XRM, BCH, ETH, TRX, POWR, XRP, VEN, IOTA, ADA...I think that's all. The more I've researched the more I focused until now I have about 98% XRP and 2% LALA. Even though I think some of the other projects are good (especially POWR), I don't believe any of them have the long term upside potential in price, nor the industry disruption potential. Ripple is going to change everything and XRP is integral to the plan.

So you have sold almost all the others? Did you keep POWR for example?

I think in short term 1-2 years, many coins will profit from the overall growing market. I like to sit that period out and decide in that time frame which ones to drop and which ones to hold on to.

2 hours ago, LongRun said:

So you have sold almost all the others? Did you keep POWR for example?

I think in short term 1-2 years, many coins will profit from the overall growing market. I like to sit that period out and decide in that time frame which ones to drop and which ones to hold on to.

I sold everything. I kept POWR the longest but in the end, I have more faith in a bigger future for XRP than any of the others. If I decided to add some more again, POWR would be my first pick.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.