MegaNerd

Poll: How confident are you?

How much Gut believes you'll make $1 million from XRP in 2 years time? (anonymous)   

240 members have voted

1. 1. You're either unsure, fairly confident, or absolutely certain.. so which is it?

• 25% No clue but I hope so.
    • 50% It can go either way. Im thinking 'yes' but things like that always happen to 'other people'
    • 75% I know I will make $1 million but 2 years is cutting it short
    • 100% Absolutely without a doubt in 730 days its a guarantee I will have $1 million

I am very confident in Ripple and their vision of an internet of value.  I am not confident in my ability to speculate and make money off of XRP.  I just hope that I got enough volume early enough to realize meaningful returns.

1 hour ago, jasil said:

Big money was in theybare gone now.

I've seen your posts that mirror this sentiment in a few different threads and I'll be honest, I think you are quite confused. We have seen almost zero institutional money in crypto so far.  The big money can't get in fast. It takes a lot of time to put the infrastructure and regulatory compliance into place. They all want in though and this summer money will pour in. 

Did you see the yahoo conference on blockchain and the interviews that specifically discussed this? There are trillions coming to market still. And that's NOT even including what could happen if xrp starts to take on nostro/vostro accounts. 

We only even know about a single hedge fund that uses xrp. Arringtons. Grayscale is creating an xrp trust as well and that isn't even live yet. As far as I know grayscale basically is the only btc offering that's otc for regular brokerage accounts in the US and it's gained a ton of exposure. More will come. The WinkleVoss twins are still pushing more as well. There is soooo much more money coming. 

Heck Facebook alone is worth more than the entire cryptosphere. Xrp by itself will easily surpass that. 

1 hour ago, susli said:

this.

it applies to the entire crypto market as a whole as well. most people and most mainstream money are still not in the market.

almost anything you put into crypto right now will give you good returns later, for the mainstream coins at least. XRP especially so.

Oh I wouldn't say that about most coins.  I think XRP, LTC, and ETH have some potential (although the only thing I'm willing to put any money in is XRP).  Might be a few other niche coins that I haven't researched.  I think most will bust, and rightfully so, I'm hoping for that day to weed out the shitcoins.

9 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

Well we don't have a word for being a three-illionaire

When you become a Zerpillionaire, you should ring up Webster’s and ask them to add it to their dictionary!

1 hour ago, RegalChicken said:

Well we don't have a word for being a three-illionaire

Was thinking multimillionaire? I know you've run the numbers like I have. For either of us to retire on say a 401k we need more then a million in the bank if we retired at 65 and account for inflation. 

8 hours ago, matter82 said:

Was thinking multimillionaire? I know you've run the numbers like I have. For either of us to retire on say a 401k we need more then a million in the bank if we retired at 65 and account for inflation. 

ideally yeah.  I think to answer your original question about why is a million the mark.. I think its just the word that sounds nice. Most of us all agree that in order to retire young we need more than that. at a million cash post tax right now, with me being 35... I could retire but I'd retire basically poor for life. I could spend my days fishing probably, but even fishing gets expensive with new lures and stuff, lol.  at my age I don't think I could safely retire (or at least, I don't think I'd want to) for less than $2-3 million.

and even that's not really what I want. What I'd prefer is to have the $2-3 million, but invest it in a small business that I would run for supplemental income (gym) and VRBO properties that I could enjoy, and rent out when I'm not there. 

@RegalChicken I agree, I'm essentially in the same boat. I guess the one million mark idea was thought provoking since I read a fair amount in regards to how woefully behind most people are when it comes to how much needs to be saved to retire comfortably. That and one million is still touted as the made it point when in reality it is not the level that can liberate most of us. 

14 hours ago, RegalChicken said:

I've seen your posts that mirror this sentiment in a few different threads and I'll be honest, I think you are quite confused. We have seen almost zero institutional money in crypto so far.  The big money can't get in fast. It takes a lot of time to put the infrastructure and regulatory compliance into place. They all want in though and this summer money will pour in. 

Did you see the yahoo conference on blockchain and the interviews that specifically discussed this? There are trillions coming to market still. And that's NOT even including what could happen if xrp starts to take on nostro/vostro accounts. 

We only even know about a single hedge fund that uses xrp. Arringtons. Grayscale is creating an xrp trust as well and that isn't even live yet. As far as I know grayscale basically is the only btc offering that's otc for regular brokerage accounts in the US and it's gained a ton of exposure. More will come. The WinkleVoss twins are still pushing more as well. There is soooo much more money coming. 

Heck Facebook alone is worth more than the entire cryptosphere. Xrp by itself will easily surpass that. 

Regal is right - and take a look at this clip from a Miguel Vias, head of XRP Markets at Ripple - which supports this position that institutional interest is really starting to pick up. It’s shaping up to be a big year (apologies if this has already been shared)

4 minutes ago, NorthLane said:

Regal is right - and take a look at this clip from a Miguel Vias, head of XRP Markets at Ripple - which supports this position that institutional interest is really starting to pick up. It’s shaping up to be a big year (apologies if this has already been shared)

"IN XRP, THE INSTITUTIONAL DEMAND HAS BEEN REALLY REALLY IMPRESSIVE" 

- MIGUEL VIAS

100% Sure, This ship is still in the docks and hasn't even let go of the ropes yet,

With all the money that is going to be dumped into assets this year alone i wouldn't even say it's going to be 2 years.

I think there will be lots from here that are Millionaires by the end of this year alone.