ringer2

Give 10% away

Here is my challenge to all those dreaming of newly earned wealth. Give 10% of it away when you cash out.  I’m not talking taxes, I’m talking giving. As in giving with no expectation of anything in return.  A local school, church, soup kitchen, rehab center, after school program, whatever. Find an organization you trust and believe is making a difference in your community and give 10% of your gross capital gains. 

I think we would all be better off if we did. 

Start a movement ?:

X (10) Returned Percent - XRP

It could be pretty amazing if people did that then posted about the initiative that benefitted.

I think it’s early days and would be great to resurrect this post at a later point when XRP has reached a point where people are more likely to cash out. At the moment, there is too much unachieved potential for that to happen.

1 hour ago, ringer2 said:

Here is my challenge to all those dreaming of newly earned wealth. Give 10% of it away when you cash out.  I’m not talking taxes, I’m talking giving. As in giving with no expectation of anything in return.  A local school, church, soup kitchen, rehab center, after school program, whatever. Find an organization you trust and believe is making a difference in your community and give 10% of your gross capital gains. 

I think we would all be better off if we did. 

nice post. There are quite a few here whom I believe have some pretty fun charity plans. You can probably expect to see neat things from @buckor and @Snoopy. Personally, my heart strings are tugged by the local homeless mission and that's likely where much of my charitable contributions would go. 

Already in the works. I'm pretty excited about it. 

13 minutes ago, Plikk said:

Well my GF and I have been(and still are going) through hell because of her sudden severe stroke. It may sound selfish but any earnings from XRP will go to her rehabilitation and happiness. For me, that's the #1 motive for XRP to succeed.

Not selfish at all. That’s giving a gift to your gf who really needs it. Good for you. 

14 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

nice post. There are quite a few here whom I believe have some pretty fun charity plans. You can probably expect to see neat things from @buckor and @Snoopy. Personally, my heart strings are tugged by the local homeless mission and that's likely where much of my charitable contributions would go. 

Ironically the Kangaroo plans don't even count the donations to the church.  

Honestly, it depends on how much of a return I get. If it's just like 10k - nope, going towards debt or reinvesting. If we're talking hundreds of thousands, yeah, I could see myself giving 10 percent away or even more, especially to friends and family also.

Edited by Ramforinkas

I am so looking forward to what God allows me to do with XRP! We are all blessed, no matter the amount we have been given, and I cannot wait to give back so much more! I have truly learned over the years that you cannot out give God. I give not because I expect something back, but because I know I am already blessed to be able to give.

Thank you!

13 minutes ago, TheXRPer said:

And here come the virtue signalers. 3.... 2... 

You oughtta give away 10% too. Why not? You can do it!

Edited by ringer2

6 minutes ago, Cryptsycrackers said:

I'm not giving away ****.  If XRP goes over 3k, I'll give away somethin.

That’s your call. But you might find generosity to be rather meaningful. You ought to at least give it a shot.

What would you give away at 3K that you wouldn’t give away at 2K? Or 1K? Or 50? The needs of the world don’t change simply because your ripple account does.

Edited by ringer2

No but my ability to retire is early is 100% based on how much money I have.  My gift to society is not screwing things up for people to begin with.  If people did what I did, you wouldn't have to give in the first place lol.

Edited by Cryptsycrackers