I've found my "Ripple Address" and "Secret Account key"; now what?

16 minutes ago, LuisCarlos said:

What's the next step? To open a Wallet?

You will likely need to find a wallet to import your secret key into, assuming you want to send, sell, or trade your XRP. If you don't have any intention of selling or trading the XRP, then just keep on keeping your secret safe - using a wallet will expose you to unnecessary risk, since you essentially have a 'cold storage' account.

Wallets that will let you import your keys include Toast Wallet, Exarpy, and Gatehub. Gatehub is also an exchange, so you will have to register an account with them. Toast wallet is available for mobile operating systems. I cannot vouch for the security of any of these wallets.

Here is a recent poll about which wallets community members prefer:

Edited by Rabbit_Kick_Club

Congratulations....   that's a nice thing to happen eh!    :good:

So now you can either read up on wallets on the links and the OurPicks pages, or you can just either trust an exchange or a phone app.

What do you want to do with them?   Hold them for a few years till they are worth a LOT more or sell them soon?  I advise hold...  but that's just me..   :) 

The exchange you can import your key into is Gatehub.  The phone app is ToastWallet.  There are other options that you can read about on those resources pages.  I might be a bit out of date if there are newer ones...   but the links and resources tab will have them.

If you go to the exchange option only use the hyperlink from our links and resources pages so that you don't end up on one of the malware sites with extremely similar names.

Maybe do nothing until you have read up a bit on it all?

28 minutes ago, LuisCarlos said:

Hi!
I'm sorry for the –I know– incredible newbie question. I'm not related at all to cryptocurrencies.

Five years ago I bought some ripples and I have written down my  "Ripple Address" and "Secret Account key." 
What's the next step? To open a Wallet?

Thanks!

Import it into toast wallet and retire :)

25 minutes ago, LuisCarlos said:

What's the next step?

If you don't need to exchange or sell your XRPs now...you might want to keep your secret key in a safe place and wait until you familiarize yourself with all these options...

BTW...good for you...I have a friend who's been struggling to find his secret key thinking it wasn't that important to write it down in a safe place 5 years ago...

47 minutes ago, LuisCarlos said:

Five years ago I bought some ripples and I have written down my  "Ripple Address" and "Secret Account key." 

If you have the Ripple adress - starts with a "r".
And the Secret Key (For retrival) - starts with a "s".
You are safe.

Edited by zenkert

I wish I could buy something, completely forget about it and then remember 5 years later when it's worth 33,000% more. I can't even imagine how much XRP you have if you bought it 5 years ago. 

30 minutes ago, BiffTannen said:

I wish I could buy something, completely forget about it and then remember 5 years later when it's worth 33,000% more. I can't even imagine how much XRP you have if you bought it 5 years ago. 

The fun thing with this OP is that as far as I know XRP was not around . . . 5 years ago.

Maybe I should watch "Back to the Future II" more closely to see if it was so @BiffTannen :lol:

Edited by zenkert
On 2/18/2018 at 2:20 PM, Rabbit_Kick_Club said:

If you don't have any intention of selling or trading the XRP, then just keep on keeping your secret safe

On 2/18/2018 at 2:23 PM, Tinyaccount said:

What do you want to do with them?   Hold them for a few years till they are worth a LOT more or sell them soon?  I advise hold...  but that's just me..   :) 

For now, I just wanted to know how much money I have. Just to see if the money I bought grew.

On 2/18/2018 at 2:53 PM, zenkert said:

If you have the Ripple adress - starts with a "r".
And the Secret Key (For retrival) - starts with a "s".
You are safe.

Yes, it starts with an "r" and and "s"  :)

On 2/18/2018 at 4:27 PM, BiffTannen said:

33,000% --> Is that a thirty-three with three decimals or a thirty-three thousand ?

:shock: Don't play with my feelings :shock:

On 2/18/2018 at 4:57 PM, zenkert said:

The fun thing with this OP is that as far as I know XRP was not around . . . 5 years ago.

Maybe I should watch "Back to the Future II" more closely to see if it was so @BiffTannen :lol:

You are right, It was on November 2013; four years and three months.

On 2/18/2018 at 6:42 PM, Raven274 said:

Just out of curiosity, how did you buy xrp five years ago?

I had a teacher that was so mad about letting the Bitcoin thing to pass by (yes, at that time nobody would ever imagine what the "Bitcoin thing" is now), and he was looking for the next cryptocurrency to buy. He talked that much about Ripple that I bought some. Well, I gave him some cash and he created everything for me, I'm not sure how he did it.

Thank you very much indeed for your answers and advices!

21 minutes ago, LuisCarlos said:

For now, I just wanted to know how much money I have. Just to see if the money I bought grew.

Yes, it starts with an "r" and and "s"  :)

33,000% --> Is that a thirty-three with three decimals or a thirty-three thousand ?

:shock: Don't play with my feelings :shock:

You are right, It was on November 2013; four years and three months.

I had a teacher that was so mad about letting the Bitcoin thing to pass by (yes, at that time nobody would ever imagine what the "Bitcoin thing" is now), and he was looking for the next cryptocurrency to buy. He talked that much about Ripple that I bought some. Well, I gave him some cash and he created everything for me, I'm not sure how he did it.

Thank you very much indeed for your answers and advices!

I mean it was like half a cent 4 years ago and now it’s about 1.11.........